Twelve12's Breeding Program

Very good Twelve! :thumb:

It's pretty obvious that you have a natural talent for design! I'm really impressed! :)

P.S. You never finished our conversation over on my journal! I've got a couple of questions for you about your Coco! So did OG. Please head back over when you get a free moment!

Thanks GG7! I usually make rotation to thread from the bottom up (oldest first), with the increased number of threads I've subbed to, it has taken longer to circle back. Just provided some details on the product I use. Appreciate the friendly reminder.

Small Update:

• Added another breeding related article: History of Cinderella 99
  • Heavy Duty Fruity is a girl! Was hoping for a male but that's ok. Still waiting for Afghan Kush and Grape God to show sex. The other regular seedlings are still vegging out. Will take clones from them next week.

Strain collection updated:

Regular: [Unknown Gender]
  • Serious - AK47
  • Next Generation - Grape God
  • White Label - Afghan Kush
  • Nirvana - Super Skunk
  • Seedsman - Ata Tundra
  • Seedsman - Top Skunk 44
  • Mr Nice - Early Queen
  • Sensi - Black Domina *new
  • Twelve12 - Firestorm (F1) *new
  • Twelve12 - Downtown Stumble (F1) *new

Femnized: [Mother]
  • Female - C99 *new
  • Cali Connection - Pre-Bubba Kush BX2 *new
  • TH Seeds - Heavy Duty Fruity
  • Dinafem - Cheese
  • Medical - 1024
  • Medical - Hammerhead
  • G13 Labs - Pineapple Express
  • Barney's Farm - Vanilla Kush
  • Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk
  • Green House - White Widow
  • Green House - Super Lemon Haze

Strange, when we don't want males they pop up and when we do they hide, haha. It's alright no need to rush I'll work on the new strain just breed they will definitely have males.

Last year, I'd have been happy to have a male, none appeared. This year, so many - some strains had no girls for me:scratchinghead: but a few beautiful boys I had to snip..

Last year, I'd have been happy to have a male, none appeared. This year, so many - some strains had no girls for me:scratchinghead: but a few beautiful boys I had to snip..

I know what you mean. It's all good. With the breeding program males plants will never go to waste. Though, I don't keep them throughout flowering like I do with the females. When the pollens are ripe that's all I need. After that, they're removed to make more room for more female plants or other male genetics.

Update: Firestorm Mutation

From seed. This is Firestorm (F1 - Pineapple Express x Grapefruit Diesel). Got some mutation going on with this one, #2/8. The very first node it has 3 tops. Interesting! I'll try to lock in the mutation. Auto-top/fim strain o_0 could be useful...I'll call this one "Lost Trident".

MG_1770.jpg
MG_1772.jpg

Isn't that called a triploid? I've seen that from time to time, just top those three branches and you are all set.....

lovin the logos for your own seeds, awesome. ive learned quite a lot from reading your journals and im intrigued to find out how your new strains turn out

keep up the good work :peace:

Isn't that called a triploid? I've seen that from time to time, just top those three branches and you are all set.....

Just did research, yes it's a triploid. They'll grow out normally after this. Good to have a few branches starting out the same time, saves some time for topping/FIM. Got another seedling from the 8 with the triploid.

MG_1775.jpg

lovin the logos for your own seeds, awesome. ive learned quite a lot from reading your journals and im intrigued to find out how your new strains turn out

keep up the good work :peace:

Thanks G.J. Will see how these grow out, looking forward to the F2.

I liked this article and the other new one about cal-mag. Good info and I didn't have to do any leg work.

Interesting articles gets added to the blog. Glad you enjoyed it.

Update: Downtown Stumble F1

They're growing out nicely. Thin long leafs, sativa dominant, looks healthy enjoy watching them grow. Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel should bring something intersting. Hope to have the kush bud formation, and the diesel aroma. Only have 5 of these seedlings, all seem to enjoy life (only shot 3/5 seedling).

MG_1778.jpg
downtownstumble.jpg

Hi twelve things seem to be moving fast usual my ladies seem to take for ever and yours are popping up all over the place!

Very intresting whats going on with the mutation its a first for me seeing that, if you was to cross her with a f1 downtown stumble would this creat a f2 hybrid ?

Also im not sure if its an old wives tale but i read that hermi pollen can produce feminised seeds not sure if you can mess around with this once you have a stable offspring?

Perpetual grow keeps me busy and plants growing at all stages.

I like mutation and will breed them in for a few strains, not all though. Could get annoying or might freak out new growers thinking they have done something wrong.

if you was to cross her with a f1 downtown stumble would this creat a f2 hybrid ?

Actually no, it would create F1 hybrid. The F2 only valid for inbreeding. New generation starts over with new parents. So if I have:

Firestorm F1 x Downtown Stumble F1 = Global Warming F1.
If I were to cross Firestorm F1 x Firestorm F1 = Firestorm F2.

I want to get the F2 first then make selection for the best male/female and cross back to the parent to increase the % before crossing it with something else. Once I find the desirable traits in one plant from each strain, I'll IBL to make regular stabilized seeds (to cross with other strains) and feminized seeds (to save time growing out only females).

Also im not sure if its an old wives tale but i read that hermi pollen can produce feminised seeds not sure if you can mess around with this once you have a stable offspring?

Yes, the only way to produce feminized seeds is to get the female plant to turn hermie, then take the pollen and use it on another same strain female for feminized seeds. To get the female plant to turn hermie one can use a few different methods; use Colloidal silver (most effective, avoid smoking the buds from this method), stressing out the plants with crazy light cycle (has to be isolated or will effect the rest of the flowering plants), or let it grow pass the harvest date (natural way but does not always work).

Once I have a stable cross I'll be using the Colloidal silver to create pollens on female plants, then self cross it to preserve the genetic in seed form and also cross it with another same strain for feminized seeds. But I still want regular stable seeds from the strain which require a male plant from the same genetic. While at the same time, taking clones and keep it as that. The seeds are for emergency if when my crop gets destroy for things out of my control, or when I move, or to share, etc...it's always good to have backup.

Ha global warming... original 12 sounds like a strain I wana grow!

Out of all aspect of growing I find breeding most exciting and interesting I would love to get a similar operation on the go one day thanks for sharing with us all the work you are doing learning alot.

good luck on any comps you may enter this month!

Just want to make it clear that hermie plants will pass on its gene to the feminized seeds when the hermie plant is used, which can grow out hermie 50%+ of the time. To eliminate hermie traits the pure female plant has to be forced into producing nanners (male parts).

Ha global warming... original 12 sounds like a strain I wana grow!

Out of all aspect of growing I find breeding most exciting and interesting I would love to get a similar operation on the go one day thanks for sharing with us all the work you are doing learning alot.

good luck on any comps you may enter this month!

Haha just made that up based on the cross's names. Not going to use that really...yes, breeding is very interesting will take up a lot of time to get the strain where you want it. In the mean time there are harvests in between to keep the mood going. Give it a go when you are ready. Space is not a factor, really only need two plants (m/f) to start.

Could you use the same hermie pollen on a non "same strain female" to get a cross and fem seeds ? Seems like they would be fem, but you know more about this than I.

Good question. Still doing research on this question. From my understanding, you can still cross the forced hermie female plant to pollinate on a different strain female, creating Feminized F1 seeds. After that, there's no way to create F2 (F1xF1) from the F1 because they are all female plants. Logically, they'll be closed off for any further breeding unless a true male is introduced into pollinating the feminized F1 plants, then that will only create a new F1 hybrid, not F2. So ideally we can but we're setting ourselves a dead end to any selective breeding.

When I find more info on this question I'll post them.

I really hadn't thought that far ahead, but I guess you could force the offspring to throw male flowers too ?

Actually you can. I wouldn't go that far though. Taking the male plant out of the equation to continue the breeding activity will create unstable high risk hermie offsprings.

Update: F1: Pineapple Express (P1) x Grapefruit Diesel (P1)

Untitled-160.jpg
Untitled-223.jpg

From left to right (1-8).
Which one is your favorite?

These are from seeds. Germinate 10 but only 8 popped.

• #1 - Nice and compact
  • #2 - Triploid (Triple leaf sets) - "Lost Trident"
  • #3 - Normal, little stretched
  • #4 - Normal, little stretched
  • #5 - Thrips attacked (it's good now) - Eliminated
  • #6 - Normal, little stretched, largest among 8
  • #7 - Normal, little stretched
  • #8 - Normal, little stretched

The ones are stretched since seedling being in crowed veg tent. They're doing fine now. Only eliminating one (#5) from 8, so we're down to 7. These are for IBL to create F2. No selective breeding at this point, by December F2 should arrive and we'll have fun being picky. Can't wait!

Clones will be taken within 2 - 3 weeks. Increasing nutes and going to place them under the "sweet spot" the center of the veg tent once I reorganize this week.

looking good twelve lol :adore: loving them plants. wats the new breeds ? like the sound of Global Warming F1. wheres the fire storm at now ?

i like #1,3 and 8

awesome seedlins u got there :thumb:

also thanks for your help the other night :thanks:

No problem glad to help. The seedling are on their way to adulthood! Time to send them off to college.

looking good twelve lol :adore: loving them plants. wats the new breeds ? like the sound of Global Warming F1. wheres the fire storm at now ?

i like #1,3 and 8

Thanks SG! Right now I only have two new breed to work with; Firestorm and Downtown Stumble. Once I stabilize the two I'll double cross them to get Global Warming F1 (I'll name the double cross this since many are liking the name, lol). Probably take place end of next year.

The Firestorm are the seedling they're still F1. Going to keep the best female and male for F2, then on with F2 selection to get F3. At the same using clones from F1 parents to produce more F2 seeds.

Each generation opens up tons of variety to pick from. So it will be awhile before I pick the winner.

Back
Top Bottom