Two Philips Daylight 315s - Six Secret Jardin 22W/55W LED Strips - Four Painkiller XL

Re: Two Philips Daylight 315s - Six Secret Jardin 22W/55W LED Strips - Four Painkille

Yup and they can do that fast when they're on a roll

They seem to have slowed their rush now at least

Time to focus on flowering alone

Hope the more broken supercropped branches get a knuckle and don't remain floppy

Re: Two Philips Daylight 315s - Six Secret Jardin 22W/55W LED Strips - Four Painkille

Five weeks into bloom, here's a quick update

Girls all looking fantastic, although I have noticed that the buds directly under the main lights in the middle of the tent seem to be slightly foxtailing compared to the buds at the edge, particularly the back, which seem to be way fatter and more rounded at the tops

Possibly from being under too much light?

I have been to the grow shop today and bought a couple diffusers to put on the lamps to make it a bit easier for the buds in the middle, also raised the lamps a bit

Also I gave bought a small 60x60x90 propagation tent today - I will be putting my two small vegging led strips in that so I bought two larger blooming led strips to replace them in the main tent - same make, secret garden, but they have brought out new double length 90 cm strips so i got them (46w)

Fella at the shop said that over feeding could also cause foxtailing - i didn't know this, thought it was to much light / heat (it's definitely not too hot in my tent)

So i have gone back to 2.0 ec and I will also reduce the amount i am feeding em back down to 1100 ml per day, as i had increased the volume this last week to about 1600/1800 ml per day

Temps in their night phase I have been managing to keep mostly 19/20C - weather here is a bit cold but variable - I have got a mini oil heater in there timed to come on in their night phase

Temps in canopy are around 26/28C

20171110_005315.jpg
20171110_005248.jpg
20171110_005241.jpg
20171110_005228.jpg
20171110_005219.jpg
20171110_005308.jpg
20171110_005202.jpg
20171110_005154.jpg

Thanks Pennywise!

Turns out when I put it up the small tent I got today is 1.4m tall - that's the smallest tent Trojan do

I'm gonna keep it, even tho it's a bit tall

Lights can always be lowered but it gives me the possibility if using it for flowering a single plant too
It's right next to me main tent so i can use the same inline extraction system, just stick an intake pipe for the main tent into the top

Bought a couple more led strips and set my veg tent up today - proper happy

Managed to forget to buy ratchet hangers so got em clipped to tent poles right now

Four number one cheese clones in there now too, that had been in my mate's veg tent up

He's glad of the extra space and I'm ultra stoked to be heading out on this next episode of the cultivation adventure

Here's a few shots of the new veg tent plus new babies coming along nicely

The seedlings have only been in there a few days and have already sprouted some healthy new growth

I have got four 22W LED strips in there clipped to the side poles of the tent

I was gonna hang em above but decided leave em on sides to encourage sideways growth more than upwards ready for SCROG

Plan is to move one 315 across from the main tent into the veg tent as soon as i crop and bring em on more rapidly

They are only small now but I am sure within a month they will be big enuff & able to cope with the bigger light

There's a small oil heater just outside the tent with thermostat set to come on if the temp drops below 18C

Plus there's a small oil heater inside the main tent set to halfway - been trying to keep temps around 20C in the dark - not doing too badly but there's been some fluctuation - the veg tent being in the grow room now has affected temps in main tent slightly so i am having to dial it in a bit

Running 6/2 veg light cycle, one benefit of this is it helps with heat regulation

I've been wanting to rise humidity in there with a spray but annoyingly I put it away somewhere the other week and can't find it now :/

20171116_234023.jpg
20171116_233831.jpg
20171116_233929.jpg

I've got one of the intake tubes for the main tent in the top of the veg tent drawing warm air out - it's been only about 23C or so in there max and hasn't dropped below 18C

20171116_234047.jpg

Thanks Pennywise :)

I am really pleased with how it has turned out - didn't even mean to get a second tent that big but it is perfect and now I will be able to get my perma-grow on!

Literally I had 60cm of space to put a 60cm base tent in but only thought about getting a smaller prop tent

It must be fate

Next stage is to buy some Super Lemon Haze seeds and get them rocking - will bring em on in january ready for the end of march - not sure how long seedlings take to develop from seeds but a few months should be enough time surely

So possibly in April I should be getting into cloning the SLH and when I can do that I will have got the whole growth cycle under my belt

Well DW what the latest? New tent looking great. A bigger tent is always better I'm learning, very difficult to maintain temps in a smaller one.

Hi CombatWombat :)

Tbh man i got bored of talking to myself, kinda gave up the journal cos noone appeared to be reading it, at least i was getting no comments so i thought what's the point?

I am half a week away from chop - this is flush week - they've got four more days of flush, then a couple days of darkness and it's time to get the saw out

I'll put some pics up tomorrow, working nights tonight

I'm thinking they could well yield over ten oz per plant - there's some serious foot long colas going on in there

Have found a few small bits gone moldy, managed to cut em out so I've not lost whole buds just a few small parts

Got little oil heater in there now for dark phase with thermostat set to 20C, plus a new oscillating monkey fan for up top, plus thermostat probe inline fan controller

Temps cycling from 20-28C now

Had been lwtting em drop to 18 but since finding a little rot I've raised low end to 20C

Gonna give the tent alcohol spray down to clean afterwards

The cheese clones in the veg tent are doing fantastic, I've got a little oil heater just outside the veg tent covered with a cardboard box, thermostat set to 19C, with a tube coming outta the box and into the veg tent to allow warm air to b drawn in

Temps in there cycling from 19 - 24C approx

The 6/2 light cycle works so well - I've got a mini sea of green going on - been tying em down and spreading em out ready for the SCROG

As soon as the crop has dried, couple weeks at the outside, the young ones will be going into the big tent, repotted into 20L pots

Probs only take a week to settle in, if that, and then I'll be flipping em

As soon as the cheese is in the big tent, I've got five seeds to pop

Ended up buying White Lemon, which looks like an awesome strain, perfect for me, citrussy, high thc, high yield

Plan is for me to bring all five on, give one to my mate as a mother and finish bringing on the other four

I'm really excited about getting this new strain, I'd been almost getting Super Lemon Haze but this is SLH crossed with El Nino

Back
Top Bottom