UK Cheese Auto Grow

Day 14- Topping Day
I'm intending that it is early enough to not stunt the growth of an Auto too badly. Given the previous behavior of hempy plants the recovery should be very quick.
Topped above the 4th node. Hoping that I get at least 2 strong pairs of branches to turn into some nice colas buds. As they grow and spread I'm looking to LST them to spread them out and open up more room around them.

Day 16 - two mornings after the topping. No Shock from the Topping.
At least it sure doesn't look like it. Continues to grow at the same rate as before.

Either the Mega-Crop Nutrients are doing an awesome job, or this strain is very hearty and strong. Regardless, I'm looking at a very healthy plant. Current daily feed is about 400ml with a small amount of runoff.

Depending on how vigorously she grows out the 2 tips below the chop, ya might even be able to consider a second topping.

Wouldn't that be nice to get a second topping. That would create a really nice 4 branch manifold. Will keep a very close eye on that option. I'm thinking that could be in just 3-5 days max. That would still be under 21 days and hopefully give a good recovery and growth leading into 4weeks. When have you typically seen the first pistils and evidence of stretch?

Day 18 - Things seem to be moving quickly with the plant so for early on a picture every couple days should show the change.
Just about have enough room to slip a pipe cleaner in to start some LST

Day 22 - Just growing along.
3 weeks in and looking very nice. It appears that if I had an issue with thripps they are gone and not causing any further problems.

I haven't started any LST as of yet. Kind of waiting to get a little bit more space to attach the pipe cleaners to. I'm really seeing an issue with not having filled my bucket full enough.

Regardless, the little one is looking very healthy. It has 6 branches at this time from the three different nodes.

Dontcha hate when the node spacing is too tight for a pipe cleaner!
It's kind of a love/hate thing. I really love the tight node spacing. I'm feeling very rewarded with it because it seems to say that my light is doing the right thing and the plant is getting the amount and type of light it needs.

I'm considering just doing a bit of wait and see what the spacing does and see where the branches spread out to. Definitely not going to do any defoliation with this particular grow. It's an auto and I'm just going to let it do it's thing. I do feel the single topping stimulated the node branches into growth. I didn't really see any slow down or lag in growth and instead the lower branches just cranked up and came out gang busters.

Day 25 - The start of some LST.
Pulled the plant out of it's tent for some pipe cleaner LST. Drilled some small holes in the lip of the bucket and pulled down and opened up the node branches. The branch at the top of the picture was most certainly apical in nature and I have pulled it down the lowest. There are actually 6 branches at this time, however it looks like some smaller ones might be sprouting and will also have to be tied down at some point.

I increased the Mega Crop dose to the full strength recommendation of 4grams per gallon of water. I also added some Dyna-Gro Pro-teKt Silica in.

Ordered some additional nutrients from GreenLeaf nutrients. They have Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy. Bud Explosion 0-23-44 PK Booster - 100g recommended dose is 1gm per gallon. Sweet Candy - 90g is a premium, full flavor, aroma and yield enhancer … and carbohydrate source all in one! Also 1gm per gallon. Really don't know if it will enhance the yield. I guess that will be the subject of another comparison grow. For now will see what happens regardless.

I'm going to play with the Nutrient Calculator that @FelipeBlu and I like to work with and see what type of numbers I get. In the moment I plan to only use the Bud Enhancer once the plant has established stretch and then maybe start with less that the recommended dose. Going to reserve the Sweet Candy for the last 2-3 weeks before harvest and discontinue the Bud Enhancer at that time.

I'm considering using a little each with my 3rd grow. I feel the Bud Enhancer might be appropriate to start now, and replace with Sweet Candy around the end of the first week of November.

Day 27 - Wow! I think I just started the LST at the beginning of the stretch. This little plant is taking off.
Compared with the picture above from Day 25 the progress each day is remarkable.

Additionally, there seem to be more branches popping up beside the 4 that I tied down. This is going to be a very interesting and exciting grow. Hope I have enough room in the shorter tent?

Day 30 -
Explosion! I had to move all of the existing ties and add another to the LST. This is a 2x2foot tent so it's beginning to fill out quite nicely. There are five primary branches now and several smaller node branches filling in the center. I have also noticed that the green has darkened some with the moving the nutrient levels up to full strength. No pistils evident yet. I'm really getting excited about the growth of this single plant.

Back
Top Bottom