UncleCannabis' Indoor Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - Sea of Green

I use a 18/6 lighting schedule for seedlings, clones, and throughout veg.

Best of luck with your outdoor grow. If you post a journal once things get going please make sure to send me an invite. :Namaste:

Thanks Unc (-:

I'll have a journal up for certain next year when I get under way.
In the meantime I'll continue following grows and reading and coming up with questions and gathering supplies and....... paying for my smoke )-;

I see you're a mellow gardener like myself. It's always good to have like minded friends to hang out with while watching the grass grow.
;)
The paint is already dry but there should be lots of grass to keep us occupied here. LOL!
:grinjoint::peace:

Nice one mate, spoken like a true cannabis connoisseur/stoner :rofl: nice work by the way with your grow!

Thanks Unc (-:

I'll have a journal up for certain next year when I get under way.
In the meantime I'll continue following grows and reading and coming up with questions and gathering supplies and....... paying for my smoke )-;

Paying for smoke = Sucks!
Growing your own smoke and saving $ = Awesomeness to the Nth power!!

Nice one mate, spoken like a true cannabis connoisseur/stoner :rofl: nice work by the way with your grow!

Thanks for the compliment my friend. :Namaste:

Hey Uncle....found my way over from your other journal. Looking great but how come so conservative with strain count?:rofl:
I'm looking forward to following & watching your usual magic.:Namaste:

Hey there Brightlight. :welcome:

I'm glad to see that you've found your way over. As always, it will be good to have you along for the ride.

My conservativeness amazes me sometimes. I really need a backyard like yours so that I can spread my wings a bit.
:morenutes:

I wanna be like brightlight when I grow up. LOL!!

Joking aside, I'm going to have my hands full with this run but it should be worth the effort.
:Namaste:

Have you locked down your grow list for the coming outdoor season yet?

:popcorn:
Awesome!

Hey there Brightlight. :welcome:

I'm glad to see that you've found your way over. As always, it will be good to have you along for the ride.

My conservativeness amazes me sometimes. I really need a backyard like yours so that I can spread my wings a bit.
:morenutes:

I wanna be like brightlight when I grow up. LOL!!

Joking aside, I'm going to have my hands full with this run but it should be worth the effort.
:Namaste:

Have you locked down your grow list for the coming outdoor season yet?

Unc...just kidding you about all the strains.:laugh: Cool as hell actually. Not easy to manage that many strains & plants....so tipping my hat to you.

Next outdoor season? Hahaha....still have two more late ladies outside waiting for harvest & two grows going on indoors, one batch in early flower including a Cherry OG like yours. Another group of seedlings germinated in a new tent. Will do a journal update soon....:Namaste:

. . . : - ) I am in!:woohoo:

:welcome: kelticBlue Glad to have you.

Sorry I may be a total dork but I love your funky cups!

I had intentions to spray paint my funky cups a manly color like midnight black or candy apple red and possibly add some cool racing stripes. The girls talked me out of it. They prefer purple and pink (no racing stripes) so I let them have their way. :)

Can I grab a bean bag and a Capt'n on those canna rocks?
Wow Uncle, your journal is breath taking. So much time and effort, in the garden and on :420:

I feel like I'm going to soak up alot of priceless information here.
Happy days a head my friend!
:passitleft:

Thanks for the compliment and welcome aboard the crazy train my friend. :)

Come on in and make yourself at home. Capt'n on the canna rocks coming your way. :)

Hey there santb. Glad to see you that you've found your way over. The bong is already packed. We were just waiting for you to arrive with a lighter. :)

Unc...just kidding you about all the strains.:laugh: Cool as hell actually. Not easy to manage that many strains & plants....so tipping my hat to you.

Next outdoor season? Hahaha....still have two more late ladies outside waiting for harvest & two grows going on indoors, one batch in early flower including a Cherry OG like yours. Another group of seedlings germinated in a new tent. Will do a journal update soon....:Namaste:

My bad. I hadn't noticed any updates in a while so I wrongly assumed that you were now kicking back enjoying those harvested buds while pondering what's coming next.

You should update soon before the mods move your journal over to the abandoned pile. LOL!!
I'll be anxiously waiting on the next update my friend.
:peace:

I see you know the Aloe Vera trick/method , I just learned of it this month and used it on my current cuttings.

I soaked the cuttings for 4 days in skinned and cut up willow branches in water aloe and a seaweed extract. I then reapplied the Aloe and put the clone in a seedling pot under a Dome.

I learned about using Aloe here on the site , what is your success rate with it ?

I am hoping for 100% , As I cut 3 clones a 100% success rate will be is easier to get then with 20

Day 32 - Today

thumb_IMG_2268_1024.jpg

Have a great day :420: friends!!

Aloe Vera, willow bark, and honey all contain salicylic acid which acts as a fungicidal agent and helps to stimulate root growth. All are loaded with lots of enzymes and amino acids as well which also help to stimulate root growth.
I've used both aloe and honey with good results. I've never used willow bark but the results should be similar.

When using aloe vera leaves it's best to use them while fresh. If the leaf gel is exposed to atmospheric air for more than 10 to 20 minutes it begins to form benzoic acid so leaving them to soak may not be a good idea. It's probably best to just dab some gel onto the cut area and along the stalk then pop it into your rapid rooters, rockwool, or whatever medium you plan to use.

My success rate using the bubble cloner is close to 100%. My success rate rooting in a medium is hit or miss. Sometimes I get lucky (90% or so) sometimes I fail miserably (0 to 20%).

Temps, RH, rooting medium hydration levels, the depth that the cutting is placed, etc, etc, etc, must all be right for repeatable success. Success rates are also strain dependent. Some clone well, others not so well.

Weaselcracker did some really cool cloning experiments recently where he surrounded the rapid rooter plugs with moistened coco. Success rates were amazing. I suggest that you venture on over to his journal and have a read. In addition to the cool experiments there's lots of entertainment gracing the pages of his journal. You'll know what I mean as soon as you begin reading. :)

I was catching up with your other journal when I saw the link to this one. I'm excited! Pulling up a chair! I feel super stupid now. Had I seen this a few days ago I would have come straight to you about my next set up. I love your setup and must have been slowly taking it all in over your past journals because your setup is my goal. I just ordered those square white pots in 6x6 and 9x9, what size are those so I have an idea? I thought I would go the 6s to the 9s. I think I am drifting towards the SOG idea as well.

Back
Top Bottom