Tony Sussan's Sealed Sea Of Green!

Tony and Soma, did you install the AC's yourself?

I know I'm going to need to install something come summer, but I can't have a technician come out here obviously. My local friend (also future broker of product) is a contractor/handyman, maybe he has some experience with these. I'm sure I could get one installed myself that would function fine, but I suspect there are little tricks and techniques that would make the install much nicer and/or easier. It will take me at least 4 times as long as an HVAC tech because I have to teach myself how to do the install. :p

Between myself (and assuming these two installed) Tony SOMA and Google you can EASILY do this install brother. If u got a buddy that's an l.I.c. then u should have access to all the tools you will need. Hvac is very very straightforward. It simply requires understanding of how it operates. There are likely a hundred tutorials on the web for the exact model you end up with. And I'd be happy to walk ya through any questions the tutorial may leave unanswered

I know I'm going to need to install something come summer, but I can't have a technician come out here obviously. My local friend (also future broker of product) is a contractor/handyman, maybe he has some experience with these. I'm sure I could get one installed myself that would function fine, but I suspect there are little tricks and techniques that would make the install much nicer and/or easier. It will take me at least 4 times as long as an HVAC tech because I have to teach myself how to do the install. :p

nice heat pump.
just imagin all the knowledge to gain by a self install. If we were in same area I would do put in for free, just to say " I DID THAT ".

:headbanger::tommy::party::allgood::tommy::rocker:

Ok so i think i may have figured out the issue with my leaves. Seems like its an overdose of nutes. Causes leaves to get like leather and go crispy. Dont think its an issue now as the girls are in flush in preperation for harvest in a week or so. Next round will drop the nute levels and see how they perform.

Cheers guys!

Hi Tony!

Sorry I haven't been on much last couple of days. Nutrient strength, is part of it most likely, but there is probably a little more to it.

Typically, this is the leaves curling up trying to shade the stomata as it transpires faster than it can uptake water. Heat, air flow, intense lights and low humidity can contribute to this. When these conditions exist, the plant can't take in nutrients as efficiently, and it's much more easy to burn your plants a bit with nutrients. The end result is crispy leaves that curl up a little. Some strains/phenos are more sensitive to these things, and may exhibit it more readily. Do you have a good idea of RH at top of canopy? Backing the lights off just a little might help raise RH and lower the temps just a little. The leaves will never recover, though, but many people pluck them anyway.

Alternatively, if the buds are looking good, you may just shrug it off. They look great to me, btw!

^excellent post. Repped. Tony just seems so pro I didn't even Bother to consider mentioning wind burn. If ur fans hitting the canopy directly its likely the cause of ur leathery leaves. Too much potassium silicate can do this as well. But a lot less common. I tend to look to the nutrients and Ph before the setup. I failed to consider all the variables and Contributing factors mentioned above. I learned a lesson in that post, for that I give u the mighty awesomeness that is my 2point reputation power!!! Lol.

Seriously tho... great post too often the burden of experience trumps the necessity of k.I.s.s. and I find myself over analyzing a situation and thinking it to be worst case scenario. I fail to think of things like perhaps a misplaced fan coupled with low RH Haha. Good to see someone with season remembering the fundamentals and reminding us.

^excellent post. Repped. Tony just seems so pro I didn't even Bother to consider mentioning wind burn. If ur fans hitting the canopy directly its likely the cause of ur leathery leaves. Too much potassium silicate can do this as well. But a lot less common. I tend to look to the nutrients and Ph before the setup. I failed to consider all the variables and Contributing factors mentioned above. I learned a lesson in that post, for that I give u the mighty awesomeness that is my 2point reputation power!!! Lol.

Seriously tho... great post too often the burden of experience trumps the necessity of k.I.s.s. and I find myself over analyzing a situation and thinking it to be worst case scenario. I fail to think of things like perhaps a misplaced fan coupled with low RH Haha. Good to see someone with season remembering the fundamentals and reminding us.

:thanks: Cannasensei! Very kind words, and appreciate the reps. :)

Soma, how do you pull your car into that garage? lol I know the answer though :goodjob:

IMG_112720.JPG

God damn thieving bastards

Nope i have a VERY trustworthy sparkie (electrician)/ heat pump installer. He came and rigged my whole room up for me. I am reasonably handy but when it comes to electrical gizmos i leave it to the professionals!

Hi Tony!

Sorry I haven't been on much last couple of days. Nutrient strength, is part of it most likely, but there is probably a little more to it.

Typically, this is the leaves curling up trying to shade the stomata as it transpires faster than it can uptake water. Heat, air flow, intense lights and low humidity can contribute to this. When these conditions exist, the plant can't take in nutrients as efficiently, and it's much more easy to burn your plants a bit with nutrients. The end result is crispy leaves that curl up a little. Some strains/phenos are more sensitive to these things, and may exhibit it more readily. Do you have a good idea of RH at top of canopy? Backing the lights off just a little might help raise RH and lower the temps just a little. The leaves will never recover, though, but many people pluck them anyway.

Alternatively, if the buds are looking good, you may just shrug it off. They look great to me, btw!

Makes sense. Up until now i simply set my dehumidifier to 40% and assume thats ok. BUT when i look at the thermometer i have under the lights it wont even register humidity which means it is too low to even measure. Might have to raise my humidity a fraction to keep humidity under canopy a bit more comfortable for the girls. Cant raise my lights any higher with these babies as they got a bit tall but next round i am aiming to have em slightly shorter and so should be able to keep the lights a bit furthur away.

+ reps X for your input!

I would have loved to taste the end product man... Led impressed me to be honest...

I thought he was just kinda lurking and getting his feet wet here before he made one honestly or I would have. Lol. Repped for taking initiative

I got the same impression, but I would like to hear and see more from Soma. Much more than I think he should be posting on Tony's thread. Of course I just wanna see pictures of the room and the gear and such, but others will want to see plants too. :yummy:

Hey Tony, I've been busy for a few, just got caught back up. Things are looking good, I can't wait to see how your next round will turn out after dialing everything in on this round. Great job considering your on your first round of a new room.

Back
Top Bottom