Unknown deficiency/pest/disease affecting my leaves?

Guerilla Dr

Hi guys, I'm a newb to this site and a newb to growing in general (my 1st year), so please be patient with me. I've honestly spent ages scrolling online through as much plant problem advice & forums but I can't for the life of me put my finger on exactly what my problem is. I think it could be a Boron deficiency, but I really don't know so I want to hear some second opinions before I treat it... The problem has spread to multiple leaves now and it is a spotty/patchy creamy-brown discolouring. The problem is a lot worse than the picture lets on. I only have one photo until I next visit my plants in a few days. I've got a much better video but I don't think I can upload that...So any ideas?? Thanks guys! Peace.

IMG_195819.jpg
. So any ideas? Thanks guys.

First, welcome to :420: its a great place full of helpful, knowledgeable growers :)

Looking at the picture, its hard to be sure, but I would say you have an insect of some sort chewing on your leaves rather than a deficiency. There is a beetle quite common to gardens, it is green and has black stripes on its back, that will cause damage similar to that.
I had some attack a few of my outdoor girls but they never did any great damage so I didn't worry too much about it. I just wrote it off to the joys of growing outdoors LOL

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure what it is exactly or how to treat it. I'm definitely leaning towards it being a bug problem of some kind as you said. I would be gutted if they killed my plants just as they start flowering after 10 weeks of growing! No idea whatsoever what it could be and it's getting worse on a daily basis. Can anyone else help, please??

Hey friend I am a medical grower of 15 years from Colorado Check your Ph levels in the water that you are giving your plants it looks like a nutrient lock out I had recently if not visit hydrobuild.com for a good pest control spray to use on your plants also if it is a Ph or nutrient problem it could take a min of 2 weeks before it stops showing after you have corrected the problem look at the new top growth thats a great gauge to tell if the problem has been fixed if it continues it's bugs but I really doubt it to be honest PH love peace hope this helps

The light spots looks like bug damage to me - although the picture is not great. The second leaf with just a few spots - those spots are not where one would expect them to be from pH issues, which do spot leaves in a similar way, but not typically with as much texture and generally with a softer, less random pattern. However, I do believe you also have a pH issue with these plants. The leaves are folding together like taco shells, slightly, and have a ruffled appearance on the outer edge - that screams pH to me.

I have to lean towards a PH problem along with growchick you might want to check for bugs get out your mag glass and check if it is PH related it will clear up with the proper PH 6.5 may take a week or two though was having a kinda the same problem with my girls till my brother oldergrower asked me about the PH my water in the summer comes out of the tap at 6.5 didn't check it just assumed it was still at 6.5 in the fall and winter when I did check it was at 7.7 no wonder I was having a problem I adjusted the PH and things are getting better lots of luck

Back
Top Bottom