Morning good people! I have some info here...

Agnes 32.1 klux 8" tall
Agatha 36.8 klux 6" tall
Abigail 30.6 klux 11" tall
Temp 75°
Rh 57%

Still learning how to use this lux meter. The stuff I've found online mainly tells me I should have bought a par meter and that they are expensive. So today I'm going to find something to compare my light measurements to and hopefully feed them for the first time if the mail comes. The weather is killing me lately.
I was afraid to take anymore leaves then I did. They seem ok but I'm only guessing.
OH I also switched Agnes and Agatha. I'm hoping the extra light Agatha is getting now helps her out a bit. I took a reading above katniss and realized she wasn't getting nearly enough light. I decided I jumped the gun so I took her out of the mix.

20211203_110933.jpg

20211204_070437.jpg

20211204_070506.jpg

20211204_070531.jpg

Morning good people! I have some info here...

Agnes 32.1 klux 8" tall
Agatha 36.8 klux 6" tall
Abigail 30.6 klux 11" tall
Temp 75°
Rh 57%

Still learning how to use this lux meter. The stuff I've found online mainly tells me I should have bought a par meter and that they are expensive. So today I'm going to find something to compare my light measurements to and hopefully feed them for the first time if the mail comes. The weather is killing me lately.
I was afraid to take anymore leaves then I did. They seem ok but I'm only guessing.
OH I also switched Agnes and Agatha. I'm hoping the extra light Agatha is getting now helps her out a bit. I took a reading above katniss and realized she wasn't getting nearly enough light. I decided I jumped the gun so I took her out of the mix.

20211203_110933.jpg

20211204_070437.jpg

20211204_070506.jpg

20211204_070531.jpg
Hey @UpNSmoke42 garden looks good.
Hope you are well today.
Hopefully the mail comes soon as they are hungry.
Do you have anything you can feed them until your nutrients arrive?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @UpNSmoke42 garden looks good.
Hope you are well today.
Hopefully the mail comes soon as they are hungry.
Do you have anything you can feed them until your nutrients arrive?

Stay safe
Bill
So I'm glad I listened to ya Bill but man was fedex slowed by the weather. It didn't help that I put my order in on Thanksgiving. My location forced me to wait on the mail.

So I fed them for the first time just now finally but damage has been done. I know it will likely get worse before it gets better but what do you guys think?

Temp 75°
Rh 47%
Light is 20" from the canopy
Turns out the Ph of my water is 7.5.

Fed them 1/3 cup of geoflora bloom 3-5-5 and watered them nicely. I guess I'm asking if they can make a recovery with the mistakes I've made?

20211206_145842.jpg

20211205_162613.jpg

20211206_151115.jpg

20211206_151122.jpg

20211206_151147.jpg

20211206_151158.jpg

20211206_151202.jpg

20211206_151209.jpg

Update
Nutrients seem to have saved my grow! I've been doing very light defoliation every now and then. No real schedule to it. They've been loving the water. Turns out I wasn’t watering them enough. Now I go by weight of the pot and stopped the finger/knuckle test. Now I've been using a reptile humidifier with the inkbird humidity controller. I keep the humidity outside the tent at about 38. Inside the tent is 45% (+-3).

I've learned a lot so far and can't wait for the next batch. I think my biggest mistake was not dimming my light. The nutrients were a set back and I admit I overestimated my soil but not being able to turn up the light is a bummer. Overall though I still think they are doing well.

The inkbird humidity controller has really changed my life for the better. I haven't needed to fill the humidifier in almost a week now. The t6 fan sucks out the excess moisture so I don't need a dehumidifier. Cleaned up all the runoff I had and put in some of those drip pans. Getting better at this everyday.

20211212_110211.jpg

20211206_164059.jpg

Update
Nutrients seem to have saved my grow! I've been doing very light defoliation every now and then. No real schedule to it. They've been loving the water. Turns out I wasn’t watering them enough. Now I go by weight of the pot and stopped the finger/knuckle test. Now I've been using a reptile humidifier with the inkbird humidity controller. I keep the humidity outside the tent at about 38. Inside the tent is 45% (+-3).

I've learned a lot so far and can't wait for the next batch. I think my biggest mistake was not dimming my light. The nutrients were a set back and I admit I overestimated my soil but not being able to turn up the light is a bummer. Overall though I still think they are doing well.

The inkbird humidity controller has really changed my life for the better. I haven't needed to fill the humidifier in almost a week now. The t6 fan sucks out the excess moisture so I don't need a dehumidifier. Cleaned up all the runoff I had and put in some of those drip pans. Getting better at this everyday.

20211212_110211.jpg

20211206_164059.jpg
If possible follow vpd chart to control environment. The ladies will love you for it

Screenshot_20211212-122105.png

Light defoliation seems to go over well. The 2 bigger ones went through the most stress. The smell coming from the tent makes me want to live in it. The air filter from ac infinity is doing great with no smell outside the tent. Judging by the reviews I've read though I seem to be lucky. Also that fresh air gets cycled into my cold air return so it works out great. I can't wait to apply all of what I learned to my next batch. I'm wondering how they would do after I train them. I've also decided that for my next grow I'll only start one plant every 6 weeks.

The biggest changes I implemented

1.) Ph down to 6.5 from 7.8. For the first 5 weeks I decided to just see how the tap water would do and risked not knowing. 450ppm and 7.8 ph direct from the tap.
2.) Molasses! I've been slightly aggressive with it the last two waterings but now I plan to back off a little.
3.) Defoliation. I had to clean them out a bit. Abigail responded great so I decided to do the same to Agatha a few days later. Shes had a lot of new growth since then. Agnes just received some plucking yesterday and seems to have taken it well.

We are at day 52 from seed to soil

20211224_102824.jpg

I'm at day 61 from seed. WSE says flowering time is 49 to 56 days. Almost zero amber so business as usual.

Should I give up on the runt? She's been the same size for awhile now and the extra space in the tent would likely help the other two finish stronger. What do you guys think?

20220102_090748.jpg

20220102_091005.jpg

20220102_090926.jpg

20220102_090717.jpg

20220102_090643.jpg

20220102_090556.jpg

20220102_090541.jpg

I'm at day 61 from seed. WSE says flowering time is 49 to 56 days. Almost zero amber so business as usual.

Should I give up on the runt? She's been the same size for awhile now and the extra space in the tent would likely help the other two finish stronger. What do you guys think?

20220102_090748.jpg

20220102_091005.jpg

20220102_090926.jpg

20220102_090717.jpg

20220102_090643.jpg

20220102_090556.jpg

20220102_090541.jpg
Hey @UpNSmoke42 hope you are well my friend.
I'd let her finish personally.
There is still room for the others. :thumb:
Give her time.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @UpNSmoke42 hope you are well my friend.
I'd let her finish personally.
There is still room for the others. :thumb:
Give her time.

Stay safe
Bill
I appreciate the help Bill! I was tempted to start over and give up on her. Instead I cleaned her up a bit because my tallest plant seemed to really benefit from it and tied her down slightly for some more light. Her buds were bigger then I thought they'd be.

I harvested Abigail six days ago. With the -60 temps we had outside the drying process was way fast. I'm lucky to get the house to stay at 30% lately. Time to buy another grow tent I guess. Closet drying isn't going to work long term. After only a few hours in the dry room I almost instantly realized I was getting a hay smell. Soon took over the whole house and the wife wasn't too happy . Today the smell is great but the buds feel like they were drying way too fast so I decided to jar them during the day and dumped them out the last 2 nights. Tonight I think they can sit all night.

Shes definitely a creeper because I tried a bowl and thought I failed until I was baked. I'hooked on growing so

Now I got mycorrhizae and started a coco mix with soil for my next plant. I can already tell my newest addition is already growing better then the first batch. Her leaves look much more healthy and the growth seems faster. I'm not so sure I'll ever use sohum soil again.

Abigail doesn't have the prettiest buds but wow is it so much better then what I can find around here. The longer she spends in the jar the more sticky she seems to get.

Trimming is definitely an art but I know it will get easier as I get better at growing. Smoke for pain + trimming causing pain = me pretty dam high.

Tomorrow I plan to chop and hang my 2nd one. It's like smoking a sedative.

Have a good night people! I'm gonna go burn one

20220112_220439.jpg

20220112_220430.jpg

20220112_220352.jpg

20220110_212508.jpg

20220110_092517.jpg

20220108_140802.jpg

I appreciate the help Bill! I was tempted to start over and give up on her. Instead I cleaned her up a bit because my tallest plant seemed to really benefit from it and tied her down slightly for some more light. Her buds were bigger then I thought they'd be.

I harvested Abigail six days ago. With the -60 temps we had outside the drying process was way fast. I'm lucky to get the house to stay at 30% lately. Time to buy another grow tent I guess. Closet drying isn't going to work long term. After only a few hours in the dry room I almost instantly realized I was getting a hay smell. Soon took over the whole house and the wife wasn't too happy . Today the smell is great but the buds feel like they were drying way too fast so I decided to jar them during the day and dumped them out the last 2 nights. Tonight I think they can sit all night.

Shes definitely a creeper because I tried a bowl and thought I failed until I was baked. I'hooked on growing so

Now I got mycorrhizae and started a coco mix with soil for my next plant. I can already tell my newest addition is already growing better then the first batch. Her leaves look much more healthy and the growth seems faster. I'm not so sure I'll ever use sohum soil again.

Abigail doesn't have the prettiest buds but wow is it so much better then what I can find around here. The longer she spends in the jar the more sticky she seems to get.

Trimming is definitely an art but I know it will get easier as I get better at growing. Smoke for pain + trimming causing pain = me pretty dam high.

20220112_220439.jpg

20220112_220430.jpg

20220112_220352.jpg

20220110_212508.jpg

20220110_092517.jpg

20220108_140802.jpg
Congrats , nice haul. :woohoo:
Good work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Congratulations on the harvest upNsmoke
Great result.
I've got a inkbird controller also. When I harvest a plant I take the inkbird out of the tent and put it in the drying space to control the drying enviroment.
I made a little drying box, the inkbird sensor goes inside with the hanging plants. The inkbird is running a small humidifier outside the box, and a tiny dehumidifier inside the box.
I set the inkbird for 55% for the first 24 hours, then set to 62% for the remaining drying time. 7 days later I put the plant in jars with a meter, they usually show 62 %. Perfect.
Congrats again.

Good morning good people! Now we have Agnes hung up and drying. She's been up about an hour now and the smell is amazing. I let her go without water for 24 hours before harvest and did that make a difference. Humidity here jumped into the 80s after a week of high 20s low 30s. The plan is to struggle and make do with what I have for drying conditions with these last 2 plants. I like the idea of a dry box @Listersmeghead. I'm gonna smoke some and go tinker with an idea that gives me.

Happy Thursday

20220113_080706.jpg

Screenshot_20220113-080935_Gallery.jpg

No I haven't decided on nutrients yet. I think I may have jumped the gun. I looked into the geoflora line and definitely would like to give it a try but may need a cheaper option through Amazon for the time being. Kinda killed my savings on my setup. Easy to use is definitely eye catchin

20220112_220439.jpg

20220112_220430.jpg

20220112_220352.jpg

20220110_212508.jpg

20220110_092517.jpg

20220108_140802.jpg
What up bro hope all is well. I have a question for you I'm using so hum soil on my grow I added nutrients last night. But from my understanding we only needed water from seed to harvest no nutes so I'm guessing they lie about their dirt. How did the soil and your plants look when you added nutrients to something we wasn't supposed to or didn't have to as they at sohum claim?

Hey Marcus
I used 3 gallon pots and I believe what is actually recommended is much larger. I started using geoflora bloom but by then it was too late. This time I started three more plants in my own mix and they are already doing so much better. Sohum really stunted my plants in the beginning then towards the end I was fighting nutrient deficiencies because I was unprepared. My last plant is drying now and I plan to post some pics soon of everything.

Hey Marcus
I used 3 gallon pots and I believe what is actually recommended is much larger. I started using geoflora bloom but by then it was too late. This time I started three more plants in my own mix and they are already doing so much better. Sohum really stunted my plants in the beginning then towards the end I was fighting nutrient deficiencies because I was unprepared. My last plant is drying now and I plan to post some pics soon of everything.
Well I just started 4th week flower so it's a good thing I took my good friend Bill's advice and fed them. I new soil like it was too good to be true. Besides honestly it took the fun out of things

I'm high at this very moment because of Bill284! I had no idea my plants were hungry. I used a mixture of soils and coco I found for this second run and today at day 9 this plant is huge compared to the sohum plants I just cut down. The last plant is at day 5 of drying and the other two are in jars. But I did change alot of stuff so I may of had a different experience with the soil then you are because I had zero experience.

So I went back and found a pic of Abigail at day 12. The wife names the plants and its working great for keeping track. They are all the same strain so I'm only differing slightly between the three.

I also wasn't doing anything to my tap water except letting it sit a few days before watering for most of my grow. Thought I'd buy a ph meter if I ran into any problems. Now I own a really nice ph meter and a tds meter from apera.

The picture of Bernadette is day 14 (today). Put her in paper towel the day before I chopped down Abigail actually.

I think the 1st batch had a harder time starting out in sohum and I wasn't using as much as I would have needed for a full seed to harvest. So to save money I went the cheapest route this time and focused on nutrients. I bought worm castings, mycorrhizae, and a few other things. I also fully dried out my soil and added water manually so I could really get a feel for how much water I was adding. This also pissed off the Nats that I came with the soil so it worked well for me. I still haven't had a bug problem yet. Hoping the dry soil and cold got rid of them. -15 here last night and I'm growing my "b" batch beauties in a frozen tundra.

I cut Agatha down early because she hermied. Caught it early and cut my losses. She's upside-down drying now. I was thinking I'd post an update when I've smoked all three and compare them. Abigail and Agnes are in jars now. I snag a bud when I burp them and man am I conflicted. The first two plants get me baked but gave lots of smaller buds. Abigail is the most frosty by far.

Screenshot_20220121-155630_Gallery.jpg

20220121_155147.jpg

20220119_094334.jpg

Sorry it's been taking so long my friends. Had a lot of new improvements since we've last talked but now that my wife and I have smoked all of Agnes and Agatha I feel like I can really accept my shortcomings and mistakes. I'll talk about what I did and what im doing to improve.

Agnes and Agatha hermied. Abigail was my best plant. All 3 got me baked though. I used 32oz jars for curing and all 3 were half full.

Abigail definitely was the strongest and and sticky like glue. I've never smoked something so sticky. I always thought I was smoking great bud until I grew my own. 2 of my plants hermied and they still offered the same quality I could buy for $60 an eighth. Small town in the boonies.

So I've upgraded. I am now using a 4x4x80 tent which is amazing! I'm currently doing "B" and "C" batch now. I am still using 3 gallon pots and geoflora nutrients every 14 days. I have only topped "b" batch and plan to do the same to "c" batch.

For soil I just used a mixture of cheap promix and coco in "B" batch.

In "c" batch I did the same thing but added worm castings and some left over sohum soil I had.

So far the changes I've made are really paying off. Im just going to stay the course and update as I go. No more changes until after I harvest "c" batch.

20220214_091717.jpg

So I'm doing 7 plants now. B group has mycorrhizae and C group does not. I added one more to the mix 5 days after C group was planted. My single D has mycorrhizae. Nutrients and water will be the same unless issues arise. Also I'm going to grow them all in the same tent. Also I'm still using all the same original 20 seeds I bought in the beginning from @weedseedsexpress.com

Screenshot_20220217-130945_Jane.jpg

Back
Top Bottom