USA how to order from seed banks help

Oh yeah, plenty of plant of the month options, nug of the month options lol.
Many great examples of great genetics on the forums indeed.
Idk I like them contest worthy plants though, them got proven titles around here :ganjamon:

Anyone ever try Canna Genetics Bank? It's where I got mine from, used credit card (US) and got the seeds in just a couple of days. It seemed easy and good but I don't ever see them mentioned in here.

I send my cash in birthday cards because I'm paranoid.

That seems counter-intuitive to me. A thief - yes, some of them work in the postal system - is far more likely to open a birthday/Christmas/etc. card than a random letter-sized envelope.

When I send cash via mail, I type (print) the addresses so it looks like it's being sent by a business instead of a private individual, then stamp it with a rubber stamp and ink pad I picked up from the local office supply store. Best $5.95 I ever spent, lol - what thief would tear into an envelope that has "FINAL NOTICE" stamped onto it in red ink? :rofl:

That seems counter-intuitive to me. A thief - yes, some of them work in the postal system - is far more likely to open a birthday/Christmas/etc. card than a random letter-sized envelope.

When I send cash via mail, I type (print) the addresses so it looks like it's being sent by a business instead of a private individual, then stamp it with a rubber stamp and ink pad I picked up from the local office supply store. Best $5.95 I ever spent, lol - what thief would tear into an envelope that has "FINAL NOTICE" stamped onto it in red ink? :rofl:

Yeah, it's kind of silly to be honest. I did it the first time and it worked and I'm kind of superstitious so I guess I just kept doing it haha. I love your approach, clearly more thought out.

Seedsman was good to me my first order during their 4/20 sale. It did take a bit to get here because of the sale and demand. I ordered on 4/28 and they were delivered 5/21.

I used their tutorial for downloading coinbase in order to pay in bitcoin. FYI, I’m sure someone here wouldn’t mind having you sign up using their reference number so both of you get $10 free after you buy $150 in bitcoin, if not I’ll volunteer mine! :rofl:

Like it was mentioned before there is a 2 week verification process for you account but after you’ve been verified you can buy/sell/send bitcoin in seconds. I’m growing two of my bitcoin freebies right now. I also took advantage of their 3 for 2 auto sale on Memorial Day, still waiting on them to arrive but they have shipped.

I have only ever ordered from Gorilla Seed Bank and have not had any issues. Placed two orders with them since March, right in the height of COVID delays. Seeds shipped within 5 days of payment, got to me in the US in less than a month total. A few of the seeds in my original order ended up being out of stock and they gave me option of refund, waiting on them, or subbing in different seeds. The original order was for a pack of 3 seeds (~$30 US) and they subbed in TWO packs of 5 fem seeds (over $100 US). I put like $50 into Coinbase and got well over $150 in seeds between the discounts and the upgrading with the substituted seeds. I don't see many people mention Gorilla here but they are a sponsor and I've had good luck with them.

I have only ever ordered from Gorilla Seed Bank and have not had any issues. Placed two orders with them since March, right in the height of COVID delays. Seeds shipped within 5 days of payment, got to me in the US in less than a month total. A few of the seeds in my original order ended up being out of stock and they gave me option of refund, waiting on them, or subbing in different seeds. The original order was for a pack of 3 seeds (~$30 US) and they subbed in TWO packs of 5 fem seeds (over $100 US). I put like $50 into Coinbase and got well over $150 in seeds between the discounts and the upgrading with the substituted seeds. I don't see many people mention Gorilla here but they are a sponsor and I've had good luck with them.
Wow great score!

Wow great score!

I honestly couldn't believe it reading the email from them, asking me if it was ok... I felt like looking around and seeing if I were on a hidden-camera prank show, it almost seemed too good to be true! "Northern High Lights" is the strain, put two in and both popped right away and are quite happy in their Solo cups right now

I honestly couldn't believe it reading the email from them, asking me if it was ok... I felt like looking around and seeing if I were on a hidden-camera prank show, it almost seemed too good to be true! "Northern High Lights" is the strain, put two in and both popped right away and are quite happy in their Solo cups right now
Sounds like a company that understands customer satisfaction. Very cool. Are you going to start a journal?

The original order was for a pack of 3 seeds (~$30 US) and they subbed in TWO packs of 5 fem seeds (over $100 US). I put like $50 into Coinbase and got well over $150 in seeds between the discounts and the upgrading with the substituted seeds. I don't see many people mention Gorilla here but they are a sponsor and I've had good luck with them.
Hold on be right back....
....comes back $200 poorer!

Sounds like a company that understands customer satisfaction. Very cool. Are you going to start a journal?

I may at some point, just working out how to do it safely as it's not a legal thing here unfortunately :(

I do think that Gorilla seeds has great customer service. Quick emails to let me know of the things being out of stock, very polite and you can just tell they care about doing it the right way. I've gotten confirmation and tracking for everything, I definitely would suggest them if people are looking for an option right now.

I have only ever ordered from Gorilla Seed Bank and have not had any issues.

Next-to-last time I ordered from there, it took 28 days. Package had been opened by Customs, but the "decoy item" the merchandise was inside hadn't been. It looked like a factory-sealed commercial product, and probably got glanced at, then the shipping box was resealed and released.

Last time I ordered... I am very thankful that it didn't get opened, because decoy item was in an unsealed box (simple flap closure), and the actual item itself... Well, without disclosing specifics, I can only say that it was cylindrical in shape, with no top, and the seeds were stuck inside. IOW, if a Customs agent had opened the outer box, he'd have found another box, flipped it open, and seen a nice collection of cannabis seeds.

I've received seeds in everything from a plain envelope with three tiny Ziploc-style baggies in it, to... a small teddy bear. I have only ever received one letter informing me that some of the contents had been determined to be contraband (and inviting me to call to schedule an appointment to discuss the matter, if I disagreed). Never had any seeds stolen during shipment. I have had a couple of miscellaneous - and 100% legal - items make it to the ISC in New York that serves this part of the country, and just disappear. Therefore, I am guessing that you're more likely to lose your merchandise due to thievery than by way of a Customs inspection. Still... I much prefer it when the order packer makes at least a token attempt to hide the merchandise.

So none of my shipments in US have been disguised at all. Seedsmans ships to a HQ in the states and then ships to you domestic. My understanding the likelihood of getting caught domestic is minimal for seeds. Someone chime in if this is dead wrong. I laughed the first time I opened the manilla envelope and bam there were the seed packages.

Next-to-last time I ordered from there, it took 28 days. Package had been opened by Customs, but the "decoy item" the merchandise was inside hadn't been. It looked like a factory-sealed commercial product, and probably got glanced at, then the shipping box was resealed and released.

Last time I ordered... I am very thankful that it didn't get opened, because decoy item was in an unsealed box (simple flap closure), and the actual item itself... Well, without disclosing specifics, I can only say that it was cylindrical in shape, with no top, and the seeds were stuck inside. IOW, if a Customs agent had opened the outer box, he'd have found another box, flipped it open, and seen a nice collection of cannabis seeds.

I've received seeds in everything from a plain envelope with three tiny Ziploc-style baggies in it, to... a small teddy bear. I have only ever received one letter informing me that some of the contents had been determined to be contraband (and inviting me to call to schedule an appointment to discuss the matter, if I disagreed). Never had any seeds stolen during shipment. I have had a couple of miscellaneous - and 100% legal - items make it to the ISC in New York that serves this part of the country, and just disappear. Therefore, I am guessing that you're more likely to lose your merchandise due to thievery than by way of a Customs inspection. Still... I much prefer it when the order packer makes at least a token attempt to hide the merchandise.

Mine were shipped inside of a small plastic model tank toy box, toy included. They opened up the box, carefully opened the plastic bag holding the model toy parts and put the seeds inside the plastic. Then the plastic was resealed, back into the box, box taped back up.

Next order, same exact thing except they were nice and sent me a bunch of free stuff - stickers, papers, a grinder, etc. I appreciate the free stuff but they had just placed all the free stuff separately in the shipping bag! The tank was nice and stealthy, but then there were bright pink postcards that said "REEFER MADNESS!!!" and the rest of the stuff rolling around. Fortunately, no issues... I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of being super-stealthy and then ruining it with the free stuff :laughtwo:

Bloody brilliant. :high-five:

I kind of like the thought of getting a toy surprise with my seeds, brings back childhood memories of cereal prizes.
Right?! It is what I was expecting when they said discreet shipping and I've heard all these stories of seeds being hidden in toys but no cereal or cracker Jack prizes for me

My guess is the toy is to cross customs and an indication that my assumption that shipping domestic is a lower risk level may be accurate. For that reason I love seedsmans approach. O think it is a fairly new approach for them as well. If I order elsewhere they would have to be shipping to me domestic

Back
Top Bottom