How many more days do y'all think this plant has

Bubbles

420-magazine-mobile1243451932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile132318196.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1152737404.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1305229549.jpg

-swishaa

How many more days do y'all think this plant has
Bubbles is maturing very nicely but still looks like a young plant. Shooting from the hip, I'd say still over a month to go--those pistils are still very young and white. All that's a good thing--it's only now that Bubbles is grown and has flowered that s/he can add more of the active ingredient to those frosty leaves. :)

Bubbles is maturing very nicely but still looks like a young plant. Shooting from the hip, I'd say still over a month to go--those pistils are still very young and white. All that's a good thing--it's only now that Bubbles is grown and has flowered that s/he can add more of the active ingredient to those frosty leaves. :)

Damn she is going to be frosty as hell by then

Those big lamps kinda intimidate me. I think I'd start out very conservatively. (The heat management aspect concerns me too.) Do you have 'structions from the manufacturer as a starting point? (I guess the short answer is I have no idea! ;))

The hps dosent seem very bright, your pink lights are way brighter. I've been curious about this myself because I don't notice a difference with my led tubes on. Since there is no visual change in light I wonder if the lux is actually higher, or is the lux only as high as the brightest light since it drowns out the other? I need to test this.

I don't know. I notice in HPS grow ops it doesn't look as bright as a LED. I'm curious about this as well

My eyes fucking hurt

LOL. Yeah... I remember seeing my first serious indoor grow a long time ago in the basement of some guy's rented house where they had pot growing under a naked mercury vapor bulb in an enclosure lined with aluminum foil. The Orb (as I deemed it) would blow out your eyeballs (with probably a big dose of UV to boot), but the aroma from the undermaintained catbox was by far the most potent part of the experience.

Ah, to be 20 again... ;)

LOL. Yeah... I remember seeing my first serious indoor grow a long time ago in the basement of some guy's rented house where they had pot growing under a naked mercury vapor bulb in an enclosure lined with aluminum foil. The Orb (as I deemed it) would blow out your eyeballs (with probably a big dose of UV to boot), but the aroma from the undermaintained catbox was by far the most potent part of the experience.

Ah, to be 20 again... ;)

What's your opinion of why the HPS seems to not be as bright?

What's your opinion of why the HPS seems to not be as bright?

My fussy one-time PhD engineer boss (he reminded me of Mr. Spock) would say, "Not as bright as WHAT?"--that you need objective measurements in clearly defined units, and that's hard with these mixed light source we're using now, or at least I know I can't use my groovy lux meter with an LED lamp. (I'm seeing $200+ meters now though that seem to be able to measure anything? I haven't researched that at all yet cuz I ain't gonna buy one till the cheap Chinese clones come out.)

But in short, I think our eyeballs are not good for measuring light levels very objectively even with white light. I do know that a lot of our responses are very nonlinear--that something that sounds twice as loud actually has ten times as much energy? Something like that...

Something that does come to mind though is a recent grow under HPS in which the guy didn't realize until almost the end that he had a switch on his ballast set wrong so the bulb was only running at half rated power. If you're feeling like maybe your new light isn't as bright as you'd expect, you might wanna do a little investigating

Sadly lux meters can't measure led because that would require a lumen meter and I can't find one of those. Lux or foot candles is the amount of light falling on a surface. Lumens are the total light output of a light source in all directions. I don't understand why one of these wouldn't work if you put it directly under a led.

Or maybe one would need a par meter lol

I think the 3 LED just drown out the light because all the videos I have watched look about the same and my cheap lux meter says I'm at 76k lux across the canopy. I think it's the orange color of light too they makes it not appear as bright. The blurple light just drowns it out. I think I'm on the right path.

Back
Top Bottom