Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I got to it;

C11DCDE4-707E-4C4B-A8A0-42078624EB05.jpeg
B60951C7-1265-4816-9873-EDCB2F031830.jpeg

Some decent bud, I had smoked several times before trim and final weight. 45 grms that’s after 2 weeks dry and several days in jar. The smell of mango toned down and now has a spice after taste and smells of fuel. Not bad smoke now, wanna let it cure another 2 weeks (if I can keep my hands off).

Next Auto should be 2oz or a little more, I will try to dry and weight.

:passitleft:
The little buds next to the jar lid made my joint for tonight.
Congratulations on your auto harvest it looks like some choice bud. CL🍀. :thumb: :bravo::welldone::cheesygrinsmiley:

I see similar in my tests of rooting with willow water. A full strength soak of cuts was too much and it fried them. Good news to me since it means my stockpile will need to be diluted for use and thus increase my effective supply.

Do you keep your Mother Tea over the winter months for use again in the spring? According to Master Cho and his Jadam method, there is never a reason to clean out the storage containers and the extracts just get better and more powerful with age.

And, although he doesn't speak to it, I think that the freeze/thaw cycles of winter help further break down the cell walls of the material making for an even more effective juice the following spring. Liquids expand when they freeze, and thus break the cell walls built to hold a smaller volume.

Good stuff, Dani. In another month or so I'll resurrect the JMS thread for fending off mold and bud rot and see if anyone is going to give that experiment another go, but you may have solved the riddle already with your HTF/Willow spray. :thumb:
G'day, I've come across this thread, and was wondering what willow water is ?

:hmmmm:

A few of us use natural plant extracts in our grows. Willow water is willow leaves and branches soaked in water, sometimes with added microbes from worm castings or leaf mold soil.

I have a thread in my signature where I talk about the process a bit along with many experiments I've done, and @Danishoes21 has some different concoctions he likes as well.

A few of us use natural plant extracts in our grows. Willow water is willow leaves and branches soaked in water, sometimes with added microbes from worm castings or leaf mold soil.

I have a thread in my signature where I talk about the process a bit along with many experiments I've done, and @Danishoes21 has some different concoctions he likes as well.
Ah ok , thanks

Your first harvest looks great bro hopefully the next auto isn't too far so you can experience her full potential! I bet that mango will come back! Even if it's your last few nugs bro put it away. For me it's facts that and should be on the label (curing times) growning in abundance I have time to wait

Congratulations on your auto harvest it looks like some choice bud. CL🍀. :thumb: :bravo::welldone::cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks brother, I like the idea of having dry smokable bud in July, thats a first for me. I gave half Oz to the property owner I hope they like it. They some old school rednecks/growers so they didn't really understand why I did all that bending and training to the plant like that lol I also think they have never smoked organic bud so first time for everything;
Hopefully they get stoned that way they give me the green light for ramping up production next year.

Hi there Absorber, What is Willow water...?

Since I don’t know how deep of an explanation would serve you best I gotta start from ground zero.

Willow is the tree, one of the main medicinal properties of Willow is its fungicide effect and this is thanks to its main component found in bark (highest %) leaves and stems; Salicylic acid. This happens to be a phytohormone and a darn important one. I will leave you the research on this plant hormone.

The idea behind what I do is to water extract via long anaerobic fermentation the Salicylic acid found in the leaves of the Willow tree in order to Foliar feed this phytohormone to my plants in hopes of boosting the plants immune system. Salicylic Acid is produced by the plant naturally and it plays a big role in fighting pathogen infections. The way this plant hormone works is still being under study but science test have showed it has a direct role by stopping pathogen attacks producing the hormone and/or signalling the plant to produce another chemical reaction called ROS or Reactive Oxygen Species, this is the actual plant mitigation of the pathogen attack...

When I say force feed is because I foliar feed every other day during the entire plant lifespan; giving it no choice but to absorb the hormone via Stomata, thats on the foliage.

The whole purpose of this is to bring the immune system up and ready for the late flower season, to avoid or completely eliminate the fungi problems that are PM, mold, Bud rot.

So far things are going good.
If you interested in learning how to make proper water extractions via anaerobic ferments you should definitely make a stop in Azimuth Alchemy thread, JMS, KNF. You will learn everything. I have my own way of doing it and its hard to explain and follow.

Hope this helps.

Nice shrooms. Look like panaeolus sp. Plants look great. Should be a killer harvest
Thank you kindly, the mushrooms are a surprise indeed. I put some inoculated substrate but of Wine caps, also the hay I use is inoculated as well but with spores that are around. You got me thinking if Psilocybin can grow out of goat manure because its 💯 percent goat manure and inoculated hay in that medium.

I guess I gotta try one.

:hippy:

Your first harvest looks great bro hopefully the next auto isn't too far so you can experience her full potential! I bet that mango will come back! Even if it's your last few nugs bro put it away. For me it's facts that and should be on the label (curing times) growning in abundance I have time to wait

Thanks brother, much love. I gotta be more disciplined when it comes to not smoking the darn thing before its ready.... its like eating the cookie dough before baking it... Its sooooooo good 😂
I gotta put some away so it can cure properly.

Sweet harvest Dan!
Thank you kindly Stone. I am getting ready for the next phase 100-120 days of flower. August should be a walk in the park but it gets tight at the end... Im confident we can bring it home in one piece.

btw seen you guys talking about Auxins, mind if I chip in what I have gathered?

Thanks @Danishoes21 for the explanation I thought it might have been the willow tree i remember something about aspirin or something being made from it and I think penicillin maybe.
Nature is a wonderful thing.
:snowboating: thanks again

Thanks @Danishoes21 for the explanation I thought it might have been the willow tree i remember something about aspirin or something being made from it and I think penicillin maybe.
Nature is a wonderful thing.
:snowboating: thanks again

For sure the idea was born from the use of crushed aspirin to spray plants... I don’t recall why growers in the past sprayed aspirin to their plants... but it can stress the plant to the point of producing monoecious flowers. I use it for plant health.

Official stretch update on the big bombs 💣

DUTCH DURBAN x DUTERTES NIGHTMARE
0CB76E64-2B3D-4B89-A7F8-E54BC3AC7ABC.jpeg
DED0DBA9-E0CD-4B74-81FB-858366755D95.jpeg
94DD9973-903A-40F8-AC42-7A5BE868E44C.jpeg
DC3CA373-F4ED-4FED-80EF-A8C19C3826CB.jpeg
E95E1D33-C318-4EF5-8802-D64147F7CC4F.jpeg
58C73921-83F1-4A12-B4DD-393908F51F41.jpeg

The one true apical dominant is very small now and seems completely suppressed from its dominance to be overweight by the rest of the plant tops that are just thriving so fast y’all and setting footsteps to the spear shaped bud structure to come.

My next phase on the training is to let go of the Apical main, releasing the tension and let it rise to the canopy.

image.jpg

:green_heart:

Official stretch update on the big bombs 💣

DUTCH DURBAN x DUTERTES NIGHTMARE
0CB76E64-2B3D-4B89-A7F8-E54BC3AC7ABC.jpeg
DED0DBA9-E0CD-4B74-81FB-858366755D95.jpeg
94DD9973-903A-40F8-AC42-7A5BE868E44C.jpeg
DC3CA373-F4ED-4FED-80EF-A8C19C3826CB.jpeg
E95E1D33-C318-4EF5-8802-D64147F7CC4F.jpeg
58C73921-83F1-4A12-B4DD-393908F51F41.jpeg

The one they apical dominant is very small now and seems completely suppressed from it dominance to be overweight by the rest of the plant tops that are just thriving so fast y’all and setting footsteps to the spears bud structure to come.

My next phase on the training is to let go of the Apical main, releasing the tension and let it rise to the canopy.

image.jpg

:green_heart:
Plants are perfect looking homie! :high-five:
Two Dutertes Nightmare bro, so excited to have this in the garden.
IMG_20230726_134639254.jpg

:headbanger: Let's Go!

Berries Auto flow Chop and roots examination;

A3A52D77-C91F-4DFC-A6A0-181911E9B2A4.jpeg
C17DE7FC-0F16-4815-8885-733AC16E0ACD.jpeg
B4F8DF86-83E1-4A10-B0D8-686C44027B71.jpeg
9B151F4F-34A1-4F58-8C93-B0DB2870920E.jpeg
66AA0C2C-F0FE-436D-9DB3-7C862967D6CE.jpeg
41961931-190F-495F-9DA9-3E3361DBDE80.jpeg
FC815F2F-7CA2-4F9A-8583-C20D4BEB8455.jpeg
7ADF3A21-F8B1-44A6-BC8D-57008CC63292.jpeg

Well not what I “expected” but expectations are a quick route to disappointment.

Big plant at the end but my version of SuB Irrigated planter was a bust. I couldn’t get the roots to go down into the reservoir I think mainly because the “air gap” in my medium just air prune everything. Interesting to see that the root mass is some what bigger than my previous auto flow.

I’m looking forward to smoking this; couple days under the heat and air in the hoop house and she should be good.

With out a drought she still emptied all that nitrogen in the fan leaves and basically flushed it self out.

Would I try this “SIP” version again… not at all. I would probably stick to the original design.

Live and learn. I’m happy she made it all this time. It must have adapted to its medium because I didn’t really see any problems.

That’s it for the Autos this year, time to make my next move a have Honduras 🇭🇳 on the line up to get in a bigger soil plot. Let’s see what the weekend brings.

:Rasta:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom