Very First Grow: G13 Haze, White Widow & some bagseed

idk if you want to do this since ur pots are much bigger then my 6" pot. But this is what i do from time to time or once i see soil is geting a little dryp but the soil is still damp. All i do is take a bottle cap of water and water over the top of the plant. But just a cap full nothin more or less.

A cap of water from time to time wont hurt it.

if im wrong creect me, cuz nothing bad has happen to me from me doin this.

Ok, good job on adding more soil for support. I do see where you watered though, and it looks as it's just going to the side. My suggestion would be to create a small crater surrounding the plant so the water catches at the top. Your root system is not all the way to the side. ;-) Or, you could retransplant into the same spots by taking out the plants and repotting them so they are lower.

you know what, after thinking about it, I think thats the best solution. tomorrow after work I'm going to reposition them in their pots... thanks for the advice. :thanks:

you know what, after thinking about it, I think thats the best solution. tomorrow after work I'm going to reposition them in their pots... thanks for the advice. :thanks:

No problem at all! ;-) Just be gentle, and you shouldn't have any issues. Go easy on the nutes when you replant. Let them get readjusted. ;-)

Andy thanks for the tip, I'll go raise the lights a little bit right now.

I've got 6 out of the 10 G13 Haze seeds to break ground, they are S L O W moving plants though... don't seem to grow fast at all.

thanks for the tip Ms. Fox.
I re-planted the girls the other day and they appear to be doing well.
I was worried they might be damaged, since I could see some of their roots around the soil when I pulled them out, but so far I haven't seen any signs that they're stressed.

I also raised up the lights like Andy suggested, then I took it one step further and got some new bulbs.

Previously I had 6500k 800 lumens 13w CLF. I pulled those from the grow room and stuck them in every lamp in the house to save some energy.
I replaced them with some 23w (100w equivilant) 1600 lumens 6500k CLF. so I basically double my lumes from 11,200 to 22,400 and only increase my wattage a little bit. :cheer:

Here we go with the pics. I think they are really starting to look like plants now.

First the six G13 Haze plants. These are a little behind the other ones but from what I've read I'm sure they're going to be worth the wait...

DSC02271.JPG

DSC02272.JPG

DSC02273.JPG

DSC02274.JPG

DSC022751.JPG

DSC02276.JPG

These are the combination 4 WW, 1 bagseed and 3 free seeds, I have no idea which is which, lol.

DSC02277.JPG

DSC02278.JPG

DSC02280.JPG

DSC02281.JPG

DSC02282.JPG

DSC02283.JPG

DSC02285.JPG

DSC02279.JPG

and for good measure, these are the light I just got, in 3500k & 6500k flavors

DSC02286.JPG

I've only been giving the girls water, no nutes or anything like that. The organic MG soil I'm using is supposed to have nutes already in there. Should I be adding anything at this point in time??

that depends on what nutrients were in the soil
if there is little nitrogen, you might want to start adding some N a couple days from now
when theyre bigger and will need it

ok, so how do I tell what nutes are in the soil? I guess I look on the bag... and what nutes are needed or best to give for flowering, and how much.

only got to spend a couple minutes with the girls today but MAN what a difference those 1600 lumens lights made. I couldn't believe my eyes how much they've grown in just 24 hours. BUT, what really made my day was that tonight, for the first time, I was actually able to SMELL the sweet, sweet leaf! ohh what a good feeling to walk into the room and be greated by the smell of fresh weed, happy day!

the plants are in a mix of MG soils. its their starter soil and their organic soil. I threw out the bag for the starter soil but still have the organic soil bag. I didn't see anything about nute levels on the bag though...

Be careful with the close-proximity of those CFL's to the top of your babies.

You can get them close, but I think you can opt to bring them a little further.

Those small 'ripples' and curles on the side and inner parts of the leaf, those small deformities; are because of heat stress. I believe.

Back
Top Bottom