Very First Grow: G13 Haze, White Widow & some bagseed

Where can you get CalMag?

I did some research and realized I shouldn't have been giving them nutes at every watering, only maybe once a week (I water them everyother day). So I gave them a total of 3 doses of in week. the last watering a couple days ago I just gave them water but I think the nutes my have damaged them a little because the yellowing is getting worse. Its starting to move up the plant. I'll grab some pics and post them up in a bit...

that's probably it. I use the same fertilizer, but you have to either do a really diluted sample (1/4) and water regularily, or use full strength and water as directed (once a week/2 weeks)

the wierd thing is that the bottom leaves started to turn yellow before I even added any nutes. infact I started giving them the MG because it was suggested that it was a Nitrogen defficencie.

uploading photos now...

ok, an overload of pics and a bunch of questions.

First, a couple of group shots:

DSC02493.JPG

DSC02480.JPG

DSC02473.JPG

DSC02472.JPG

DSC02484.JPG

now some shots of the yellowing:

DSC02466.JPG

DSC02468.JPG

DSC02467.JPG

DSC02465.JPG

DSC02479.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

DSC02490.JPG

DSC02475.JPG

DSC02474.JPG

DSC02465.JPG

and finally for another strange problem that keeps happening.
I have no idea whats causing this but my plants will sag for some reason.
its almost like they're sleeping or something. like this guy below, he was standing up a couple hours ago when I checked on him.
I came back to snap those pics and he was just as you see him. this is the third plant now to do this...

DSC02492.JPG

DSC02477.JPG

New to your journal. Plants are looking good. On the yellowing problem, have you checked the ph of the solution you use to water with? It should between 5.5 and 6.2. The other issue with the drooping plant could be airflow. Do you have an oscilating fan going? The fan while help strengthen the stock. Either that, it's time to stake them.

The pH for soil is a little higher than hydroponics (6.4 - 7.0)

As for the yellowing and leave are curling upward, you can have a Mg problem. Add Epsom salt to your soil. Most packages of Epsom salt will have the dosing schedule. Start with 1/2 the dose and work your way up.

I am doing hydro, but I make use soil for my mother plants.

Keep up the good work. I am following your thread with interest.

New to your journal. Plants are looking good. On the yellowing problem, have you checked the ph of the solution you use to water with? It should between 5.5 and 6.2. The other issue with the drooping plant could be airflow. Do you have an oscilating fan going? The fan while help strengthen the stock. Either that, it's time to stake them.

I haven't checked the pH of the soil or the water I'm using. Its on my list of things to do this weekend.

I do have an osciliating fan in the room though and its on 24/7 just like the heater. the sagging problem is intermitten though, sometimes the plant will sag and other times its straight up, and its happen to a couple different plants so far so I don't know what to make of it.

dang, is there any way you can give them support? like Scrog? or steaks? be gentile with steaks, i'm just throwing out ideas

not to sound like a crazy person or anything but I just rechecked them again and they're almost all standing straight up again... what could be causing this?

what's the humidity in there?

If your plants outgrow the pot and become overly root bound, they will droop and begin to die. You should check the roots to see how bound it is.

What is your watering schedule? Are they wilting? Root bound plants require frequent watering.

As also suggested, some way to check the PH is critical. Peat based soils tend to acidify, so unless you're adjusting with PH solution or adding lime to the soil, the nutrients will get locked out and your plants will starve.

If your water has a PH of 8.0 and when you add nutes, it drops to 4.5, you're subjecting your plants to radical swings in PH, which is not good.

I've also grown plants that genetically had rubbery stems. I doubt that is the case with all of your plants, though.

I can't think of anything else, off hand..

:peace:

Harry

dang, is there any way you can give them support? like Scrog? or steaks? be gentile with steaks, i'm just throwing out ideas

This post just made me super hungry! Just kidding :ganjamon:

Stakes probably aren't a bad idea, but it seems to me like you got something else going on. The pots look plenty big enough for the size of the plants. The rule of thumb is 1 gallon per 1ft of plant.

How often are you watering them?

Also as mentioned before, check the PH. It's a lot more important than you'd guess. Just wait for the water to run out of the bottom of your pots and collect it. Measure that PH with drops, PH papers or a digital meter.

today they are looking great, minus the yellowing at the bottom. I think I really need to get off my ass and get something to check the pH. almost all of them are standing perfectly straight up.

If your plants outgrow the pot and become overly root bound, they will droop and begin to die. You should check the roots to see how bound it is.

What is your watering schedule? Are they wilting? Root bound plants require frequent watering.

As also suggested, some way to check the PH is critical. Peat based soils tend to acidify, so unless you're adjusting with PH solution or adding lime to the soil, the nutrients will get locked out and your plants will starve.

If your water has a PH of 8.0 and when you add nutes, it drops to 4.5, you're subjecting your plants to radical swings in PH, which is not good.

I've also grown plants that genetically had rubbery stems. I doubt that is the case with all of your plants, though.

I can't think of anything else, off hand..

:peace:

Harry

I was going to wait to switch them into 5 gallon buckets until I knew who the females where but maybe I'll do it before hand.

My watering schedule is every other day but I don't usually water them until it runs out of the bottom. between all 14 plants I usually give them a liter of water every 2 days.

thanks everyone for the tips, please keep them coming.

over or under watering. If you are watering every other day I would tend to think over watering. Are the pots drying out in between waterings? Did the plant stand right up within an hour or so of watering or did it droop over within a hour so of watering?

Back
Top Bottom