Viva Las Vegas! Procyon 100 LED Grow Test

Thanks MK.... Hope everyone is having a good day
picresizedBGchristmas.jpg

picresizedG13christmas.jpg

G13day38primary.jpg

Merry Christmas!!! :peace::roorrip::ganjamon:

Weekend update time... I am dealing with some PH issues with the BG and the DW. Everything else seems good. Day 41 for the G-13 and 38 for the DW & BG.
BG
picresizedBGday38full.jpg

BGmainday38.jpg

DW-
picresizedDWday38main1.jpg

DWBGday38.jpg

g
picresizedG13day41overhead.jpg

G13day41primary.jpg

:peace::ganjamon:

Ah Ph issues? uyp or down?
Looks like snow in Vegas again here by close up Trichs. Beautiful, rich, looking ladies Irie. I'll be there in Jan. Mid Month. Mele Kalikimaka. Nice ornaments too.

Low. I have watered with 6.5,7, and 7.5 and it comes out @ 5.8 everytime on both plants and now the G is doing the same thing... My cheapie little soil probe reads right under 7... I am not really sure what is going on.. I am thinking about giving them a good flush next watering and then go from there.. :peace:

The plants are looking great Be IRIE. They're some nice big 'uns!! :grinjoint:

I wish my Christmas tree looked like that. ;)

You could sprinkle a tbls of powdered dolomite lime over the top and water it in. That will raise your PH, in a day or two. Sometimes I have to do it twice to get my PH up.

:peace:

Harry

^ I've had to do the same with my FFOF. I think its either the breakdown of the moss or the salt build up? Either way I add lime to my soil before hand now. Let it sit for a few days to bind with the soil. Home Depot has it for 3 bucks for a 20 pound bag. Good luck.

The only lime I can find in large quantities in my area, including at Home Depot, is Hydrated lime. I have read where Depot does sell large bags of real dolomite lime but I can't find it here. From what I've read, Dolomite is preferred for MJ. The only dolomite I can find is Espoma (pelletized), which I grind to powder with an old coffee grinder.

Anyway, here are my notes on lime...

Lime neutralizes those acidic components, making it a great soil anti-acid. Furthermore, plants utilize applied fertilizers more efficiently on soils that are properly limed.

You will find reference to at least four kinds of lime in agriculture: crushed limestone [Calcium carbonate (CaCO3)], dolomitic lime [Calcium-magnesium carbonate (CaCO3--MgCO3)], burned or quick lime [Calcium oxide (CaO)], and slake or hydrated lime ]Calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2)]. Of these, dolomitic lime appears to be the best additive to raise pH and promote growth.

This is because dolomitic lime includes manganese and because dolomite lime acts slowly and continuously, and hydrated lime acts almost instantly. Use hydrated lime instead of dolomite lime for faster results, but don't use too much; you can create toxicity problems, which won't arise with dolomite lime, by using too much hydrated lime. Always use fine dolomite lime, since coarser grades take years to have a substantial effect. Dolomite lime is available at most nurseries.

Do not over-lime. It's best to apply lime according when a soil test shows that the ph for your fern is too low. Excess lime is likely to result in iron chlorosis of plant. If plants appear chlorotic after a lime application, low manganesecan also be the problem. Applying lime raises the soil pH and reduces the availability of manganese. In such cases, manganese should be applied to the soil. Soils with adequate manganese levels should not show symptoms following lime application.

Hope that helps!!

:peace:

Harry

IMG_0275lo1.JPG

I use Azomite above as it has pronounced the sweetness in the buds, It is mixed in with the outdoor flowering beds only. 4 - 16 oz cups for every 3.8 cu ft bale of Promix.
I also use only Hydrated Lime as it breaks down fastest for almost immediate results,it's inexpensive and it doubles as the outhouse coverupper.

Thanks Shaggy HArry, MC, and Cherma, thank you for all the info. I grabbed a bag of the hydrated lime as this was all they had. I am going to see if I can get a hold of some dolomite today. The hydrated was added to the G ( before I saw your post Harry). I will try to hold off on my next watering until I can get some Dolomite. Thanks again for all the info guys.:peace:

I am sitting here bored, so thought I would take some pics ( surprise surprise). I think I was successful on my pollination attempt with the G. I have a few nugs showing seed signs, and yes, they were the ones I pollinated.. :ganjamon: Today is day 43 for the G and 40 for the rest.
I think they are seed pods, either that or there is some serious swelling going on.
G13seedpods.jpg

BG's main... Filling in nicely...
BGday40main.jpg

The G, getting fatter and fatter everyday..
picresizedG13day43.jpg

The Irie garden, I can sit in there for hours staring..
picresizedIrieGardenday43.jpg

Everyone be safe, smile and Be IRIEEEEEEEEEE...

Thanks you two... I really can't imagine it going another 3 1/2 weeks, it's gotta go closer to 60... The trichs are now getting cloudy I would say around half and half cloudy and clear...I can't wait to sink my teeth into her.. I picked up my dolomite today @ home depot, so I will use that from now on.. :peace:

Thank you Pan... HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone... OK, I think it is a DW day. She has been going through some changes here in the last few days. She is getting quite frosty, I actually thought the top was getting bleached from the light so I took it out and it was fine, just getting a thick layer of crystals going. Her hairs are also starting to turn orange, and she is doing some swelling. He main is starting to fill in, I think she will be the last one to go...
Ok, so here are some shots of her, day 42...
DWday42midzoom.jpg

DWday42closeup.jpg

DWday42topzoom.jpg

DWmainday42.jpg

This is going to be a good year.... IRIEEEEEEE :peace:
:ganjamon:

Nice Irie. Such a green garden. Happy new year!

Back
Top Bottom