VIVOSUN Support Issue

niktgg

Just a note to say Vivosun has been jacking me around for over three weeks as I have been trying to get help for a non-working light fan.

Their replies are obviously from an AI robot, and the last one asked me to make a video!

When you experience that kind of treatment, it makes you wonder about the entire company and their products....
Following is the latest of 5 robotic replies to my requests for help, which shows that after all this time and effort, no real person has addressed my problem:

Luna (VIVOSUN)

Dec 8, 2023, 15:16 GMT+8

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your response.

To gain a better understanding of the problem you are facing, we kindly request that you provide us with a video demonstration.

A video would greatly assist our technical team in identifying the light issue and finding an appropriate solution.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Luna
VIVOSUN Customer Service Team

Not to play devils advocate or anything, but this seems like a fairly standard request, no? I cant think of any companies that wouldn't ask for some evidence to support your claims.
Just send the video, I'm sure that if your problem is genuine, they'll help you out. As far as I can see, they're trying to get as much good press as possible at the moment

Not to play devils advocate or anything, but this seems like a fairly standard request, no? I cant think of any companies that wouldn't ask for some evidence to support your claims.
Just send the video, I'm sure that if your problem is genuine, they'll help you out. As far as I can see, they're trying to get as much good press as possible at the moment
The claim is that the light works, the fan doesn't, and I have followed instructions to check cables and connections.
There are only 3 wires. If the power cable isn't in the light wouldn't work which it does, there is no logical need for a video- what could a video show? their light fixture? a photo would be less trouble and insulting.
No, I am sorry, this is BS. it is all robotic. There is no possible need for a video in this case, if only the AI could make that connection.
PS, I buy tons of stuff, my wife is a cardboard box producer she gets so many deliveries, we deal with products and customer support all the time, Vivosun product support is stall stall stall.

The claim is that the light works, the fan doesn't, and I have followed instructions to check cables and connections.
There are only 3 wires. If the power cable isn't in the light wouldn't work which it does, there is no logical need for a video- what could a video show? their light fixture? a photo would be less trouble and insulting.
No, I am sorry, this is BS. it is all robotic. There is no possible need for a video in this case, if only the AI could make that connection.
PS, I buy tons of stuff, my wife is a cardboard box producer she gets so many deliveries, we deal with products and customer support all the time, Vivosun product support is stall stall stall.

I agree it is just a pro-forma request. I had to do a video (for another light brand). It was a pita but I just quickly did it and sent it in to move the process along.

Surely if the fan isn't working, a video of the light being on and the fan not spinning is what they're looking for?

they're not likely to leave you hanging as they are a sponsor here. it's not a big ask.

can't really be upset about it unless you jump through the hoop, supply a vid, and they still ignore you.

I imagine this customer support process was something that was agreed upon when purchasing the product. It’s important to make sure you read your agreements before accepting them if you have specific terms you won’t abide by.

VIVOSUN is american. You need to lay off a bit. And no I don't.
Seems everytime someone has a problem with a light your instantly rushing to the light companies defence no matter what the issue.
Your not the only one the others will be here doing the exact same soon!

The reps get tired of sending the same emails over and over so copy a generic reply. There's no AI robot lol.
This is what I was talking about. ☝️
The poor tired hard working reps are so tired of sending emails they just copy a generic one.
Well that's appalling customer service.
Especially when their products are faulty!!
How many free products have you received from Vivosun?

Zero. Zero free products. No commission either.
I was simply stating that automated or Pre-generated replies are the norm at nearly any company these days.

I try to help people or alleviate issues where I can, whereas you jump in and stir the pot every time.

I was simply stating that automated or Pre-generated replies are the norm at nearly any company these days.

I try to help people or alleviate issues where I can, whereas you jump in and stir the pot every time.
If you want to point fingers at someone for acting a certain way you might want to do it in a mirror.

Yup. I work for a very well known company, the "rep" that is named at the bottom of the emails they send out doesn't even exist, it's just made up.

Unfortunately, customers need to realise that some effort is needed on their end to have any issues resolved. Companies can't wave a magic wand and fix everything, that just wouldn't be capitalism :laugh:

Maybe you are the pot stirrer? I really disagree with your opinion, is that allowed?

You disagree with what opinion? That canned replies aren't a thing? I wasn't bickering with you.

Porky has a habit of jumping into threads where someone is having an issue with a sponsor and instigates.
It does nothing for the person who's having an issue besides increase their frustration.
Regardless, I hope you get your situation resolved because that's what matters. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom