Week 6 of flower: dark leaf spots mixed with light burn?

pawtz

420 Member
Not sure what's going on other than I have some light burn happening. Lights are around 8-10" above the tallest bud sites.
Assuming it's light burn due to it only happening in areas closest to the light.
I'm okay with the light burn because I have no other option (can't lower plants, raise lights, supercrop).
Just trying to ride this out until done.
-----
Strain
: White Widow (my other plant(black domina) isn't showing these same signs)
Medium: 70% COCO (didn't buffer) & 30% PERLITE in a 2gal bucket/pot.
Water: Every other day w/ tap water around 1/2 gallon.
Nutrients: 3g Maxigro(10-5-14) / 1g Epsom Salt / was using 0.5g of Bud Explosion(0-19-39 PK Booster), but stopped
-----
The light burnt areas started to change color in the past week or so.
They went from a suntanned color to a darker color.

Any ideas what it is? Hoping it's nothing bad.
2023-01-03_123723.jpg

IMG_20230103_082713026000000000000.jpg

-----
Video view of a plucked leaf and etc.

-----
Full grow. It's only happening on one plant (white widow).
IMG_20230103_082841544_HDR0000000.jpg

it does look mostly normal to me. at 8 - 10 inches the light is a touch close, you can moderate a bit by pulling the dimming back. it can bleach or cook the tops, the upward claw and cupping shows the leaves reacting a bit.

you probably could re-balance your nutes and run the booster, there is a bit of edging indicating a pk ask, but it's not all that out of the normal either.

there's a few wks to go, stay careful and it should be fine.

Not sure what's going on other than I have some light burn happening. Lights are around 8-10" above the tallest bud sites.
Assuming it's light burn due to it only happening in areas closest to the light.
I'm okay with the light burn because I have no other option (can't lower plants, raise lights, supercrop).
Just trying to ride this out until done.
-----
Strain
: White Widow (my other plant(black domina) isn't showing these same signs)
Medium: 70% COCO (didn't buffer) & 30% PERLITE in a 2gal bucket/pot.
Water: Every other day w/ tap water around 1/2 gallon.
Nutrients: 3g Maxigro(10-5-14) / 1g Epsom Salt / was using 0.5g of Bud Explosion(0-19-39 PK Booster), but stopped
-----
The light burnt areas started to change color in the past week or so.
They went from a suntanned color to a darker color.

Any ideas what it is? Hoping it's nothing bad.
2023-01-03_123723.jpg

IMG_20230103_082713026000000000000.jpg

-----
Video view of a plucked leaf and etc.

-----
Full grow. It's only happening on one plant (white widow).
IMG_20230103_082841544_HDR0000000.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
In coco you need calmag in your nutrients water first then full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph every day to runoff.
No plain water.
Never let it dry at all.
So some feed 2x a day in coco. :Namaste:
But never plain water.
Coco is Hydro, no nutrients in it.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420 Mag. It sounds like you're already running the Maxi-Gro on the weak side. My bag says 5-10 gr. per gal.
Are you using the Maxi-Bloom too ? I've heard of people using the Bloom the entire grow. But haven't heard of anyone using the Gro all the way. Gro is: 10-5-14 & Bloom is 5-15-14. Big boost in "P" & only 1/2 the "N".

Welcome to 420 Mag. It sounds like you're already running the Maxi-Gro on the weak side. My bag says 5-10 gr. per gal.
Are you using the Maxi-Bloom too ? I've heard of people using the Bloom the entire grow. But haven't heard of anyone using the Gro all the way. Gro is: 10-5-14 & Bloom is 5-15-14. Big boost in "P" & only 1/2 the "N".

I was using it max @ 3.5g/gal till the last week of veg and didn't have any issues with either plant. The feed chart online states "Aggressive Feed: 5.7g/gal" and "Light Feed: 4g/gal". So I have been using it a little less than light when feeding with no issues. So I went by that as it was working. I got a little tip burn on most leaves of both plants, but nothing other than that. Then this(main post) started happening and wasn't sure what it was other than probably light burn. The greyish/dark part I thought was like a scab of some sort as it happened over the light burnt areas.

I didn't get the maxibloom. I have bud explosion(0-19-39) from greenleafnutrients. I bought it a few years ago when I purchased mega crop. I will invest in maxibloom for my next grow and toss the bud explosion. Seems easier that way since the feedchart is simple (even though I haven't been using it to a T).

I was using it max @ 3.5g/gal till the last week of veg and didn't have any issues with either plant. The feed chart online states "Aggressive Feed: 5.7g/gal" and "Light Feed: 4g/gal". So I have been using it a little less than light when feeding with no issues. So I went by that as it was working. I got a little tip burn on most leaves of both plants, but nothing other than that. Then this(main post) started happening and wasn't sure what it was other than probably light burn. The greyish/dark part I thought was like a scab of some sort as it happened over the light burnt areas.

I didn't get the maxibloom. I have bud explosion(0-19-39) from greenleafnutrients. I bought it a few years ago when I purchased mega crop. I will invest in maxibloom for my next grow and toss the bud explosion. Seems easier that way since the feedchart is simple (even though I haven't been using it to a T).
From what I've heard the Bud Explosion is better with the 2 part MC & the Sweet Candy works better with the one part MC. I had trouble when I added Bad Explosion to the one part also so I quit using it. I use to really like using MC, but they change their formula more often then a babies dirty diaper so I quit using it. Too hard to figure out what works & keep it dialed in when they change it constantly. Trying out Maxi Grow & Bloom this go around. I like the simple powdered one part stuff because of the easy mixing. But, I may try some liquid nutes next grow to see how that goes.

From what I've heard the Bud Explosion is better with the 2 part MC & the Sweet Candy works better with the one part MC. I had trouble when I added Bad Explosion to the one part also so I quit using it. I use to really like using MC, but they change their formula more often then a babies dirty diaper so I quit using it. Too hard to figure out what works & keep it dialed in when they change it constantly. Trying out Maxi Grow & Bloom this go around. I like the simple powdered one part stuff because of the easy mixing. But, I may try some liquid nutes next grow to see how that goes.
I stopped using MC(mega crop) because it started to mold real bad (black mold). It was only visible at the bottom and I'm glad I didn't open the container(I placed it in a clear container because every time I closed it w/ the bag, some of that funky powder shot out and I could smell it real bad (very nauseating smell)). I didn't notice it(the mold) till I started this grow. I had to run to the local hydro shop and get something. So I went with maxigro. It's worked very well so far and I 100% recommend it.

I had issues with my last grow(using MC) that I thought was root rot, but I'm starting to think it was MC. It wasn't showing any mold signs in the container at the time, but I think it might have been in the early stages and just wasn't visible to my eyes. It always had a funky smell to it that I didn't like. Will for sure drop BC this next grow and get maxibloom instead. Maxigro also mixes so much better than what I got with MC. MC always left a sediment that I couldn't understand (that also looked like mold). Not getting none of that with maxigro.
-----
The coloration that you are seeing looks to be normal end of season (autumn) colors. This can also happen when night time temperatures start to dip. It is nothing to worry about and will add some stunning visual appeal to your harvest.
I thought that initially, but it was only happening in the areas where the light burn/etc was located. I am unaware of my night temps, but I know lights on temps are too high (83-86). I have dialed down the output with the dimmer to 80% and it's still in the low/mid 80s. Could be the difference between lights on/off temps causing coloration (assuming my lights off temps are somewhere in the low 70s, but I've had the heater on since it's around 30-40deg @ night). Some leaves are curling on my black domina. I'm nearing the end though and everything is looking alright aside from the issues in the OP(if it's even an issue anymore) and curling. I do enjoy the coloring. Looks good. Never had plants give out colors before other than basic greens and beige/yellow/browns due to nutrient issues.
-----
I rearranged things a bit to move the light burnt/etc tops to different areas and added posts(chopped up some plastic clothes hangers) to prop some bud sites up that are leaning. They're getting dense, but are leaning more due to my bad setup. Planning to add silica in future grows and also more space as the stems/branches are not becoming developed properly due to leaning on other bud sites or the walls of the grow box.
IMG_20230110_083002688_HDR.jpg

I don't think that it's something serious since you are at the end of the live cycle of the plant.

But I think that it might be a nutes problem.

Back
Top Bottom