Weird buds?

michelle1375

420 Member
Hey everyone... this is my second time growing- last yr I did ok. This year my plants have been so beautiful but now at the flowering stage I feel like my buds look weird?? I live in upstate NY so I don't have that much more time before harvest. I'd appreciate any input.... many thanks & blessings 💫
20230908_132910.jpg

20230907_231522.jpg

20230907_232536.jpg

20230908_133051.jpg

20230907_231646.jpg

20230907_232938.jpg

20230907_232442.jpg

What strain is it?
She grew very nice but she kinda looks like she's expecting good weather till November.
Christmas maybe new year? Looks like an exotic equatorial sativa. I am seeing pistils though. I understand equatorial sativas do flower many weeks and in doing so the roots continue to grow like crazy (4x stretch) so with the little pot she’s in I suspect the inability for root expansion is hindering bud development.

Christmas maybe new year? Looks like an exotic equatorial sativa. I am seeing pistils though.
Yeah that's what I fear that's she's only about to start and it's a nice plant at the wrong location.
I'm even a few degrees higher than NY and well I can put autos outside and fast flowering indicas or hybrids, if buds have to form later than September there won't be much harvest.

Hey! Thanks for all the responses. So.... they're supposed to be watermelon skittles. They smell super strong too. I'm going to try & move them I guess where the sun goes down sooner now. I've never heard of the exotic strain... so does that mean I'm screwed? I feel like this week they got a little thicker but definitely not what I was expecting l. I joke & say I'm just keeping them for Christmas trees 😂 Thanks you all for ur input 🫶

Hey! Thanks for all the responses. So.... they're supposed to be watermelon skittles. They smell super strong too. I'm going to try & move them I guess where the sun goes down sooner now. I've never heard of the exotic strain... so does that mean I'm screwed? I feel like this week they got a little thicker but definitely not what I was expecting l. I joke & say I'm just keeping them for Christmas trees 😂 Thanks you all for ur input 🫶
Once the temps start to drop in the fall they slow down a bunch.
It's been a weird year, maybe we'll get nice weather until November.
If you can find a way to warm the roots a bit maybe you can push em a bit longer.
I've heard of warm water bottles around the containers and hacks like that.
Not screwed. Just might end up harvesting a bit earlier than normal.

Once the temps start to drop in the fall they slow down a bunch.
It's been a weird year, maybe we'll get nice weather until November.
If you can find a way to warm the roots a bit maybe you can push em a bit longer.
I've heard of warm water bottles around the containers and hacks like that.
Not screwed. Just might end up harvesting a bit earlier than normal.
Thanks... so frustrating- I was so proud of them lol maybe they'll surprise me. Our summer was crazy & most of Aug rained. I'm definitely more hopeful after reading all these responses ✨

hmmm Watermelon Skittlez, from Barney's? those shouldn't take that long normally.
Does she have the power to flower? as it's a huge plant in that pot.. can you get all the nutes to her she needs.

You should be proud as she's a mighty fine plant.

Could clean out a room and put a lot of light up against the ceiling.
Or make her a rain shelter and try to keep her going as long as possible.

Next time try to get something with full indica lineage that's short & fast.
Or put up some autoflowers extra so there's some harvest in August/September.
Using a SIP pot outdoors can also cut down a week or two of the process as the growth and budding process develops a bit earlier and faster and also ensures plant has food available at all times.

My cousin just brought me back 2 out of 15 plants from a farm in Massachusetts. I'm not sure about the other ppls plants but mine were marked with the watermelon sticks so I went with it. I didn't expect these to get so big because last yr I had a Charlie Brown Xmas tree BUT I had nice buds- i stuck that plant in the ground- no fuss. These are in 10 gallon pots- 1 is fabric- next yr I'll have to try something else... Live & Learn. I'm figuring I have 5-6 weeks left so maybe I'll be ok... should have asked on here like 2 months ago lol... again live & learn

Beautiful plants.
Southern Ontario here, so not too far away. My photoperiod plant shifted to flower quite a bit later than usual this year too.
Maybe the wildfire smoke has something to do with it?
Do you know anyone with a barn or high ceilings who could take the plant in if the weather turns?

First thought is does she receive any light after the sun goes down like outside lighting or artificial light from inside of the house? Is she completely dark when the sun goes down?

Oh that's a 10gallon pot.. djjeebus!
Yeah still she huge, so I imagine she's drinking buckets.
Yes & so some ppl have told me to stop watering them & I did 1 day do that but they wilted so I was like nope- wrong answer 😏 I shouldn't stop right
First thought is does she receive any light after the sun goes down like outside lighting or artificial light from inside of
Yeah still she huge, so I imagine

she's drinking buckets.

First thought is does she receive any light after the sun goes down like outside lighting or artificial light from inside of the house? Is she completely dark when the sun goes down?
I wasn't thinking so but I took down any solar lights in case that was causing some issues

Yeah still she huge, so I imagine she's drinking buckets.
Outside plant like that should in a minimum of 30 gallon fabric pots.
I never thought they'd get this big - i was going off what I had last year & I transplanted 1 early on but I was too afraid to do it again when they got even bigger

Back
Top Bottom