Weird-looking bud

NamTran

Ok so I have a plant that is slower than the rest of the batch. It is producing some nice colas. But thrn today I check and there is some thing weird. I'm suspecting that it is pollinated but then I couldn't find any pollen sac.
May I ask if anybody know wth is it?

Attachments

• 4408E46A-4363-4830-AD4D-DB63CC50E6AD.jpeg
    4408E46A-4363-4830-AD4D-DB63CC50E6AD.jpeg
    583.3 KB · Views: 155
It looks like what's called "foxtailing"
It's not necessarily a bad thing, may be an indicator of a bit too much heat in the growspace.
But not always- it can also be something in the plant's genetics that causes it.
Some strains just do that.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, may be an indicator of a bit too much heat in the growspace.
But not always- it can also be something in the plant's genetics that causes it.

Thanks. It is kind of surprising to mebecause the top cola is developing normally and it is really not hot at all inside the tent ( about 21 degree Celsius).

I've had them do it outside- just a random bud or 2 on the same plant,late in flower.
If you want to sample your product a little early,they're great for that....

Ok so I have a plant that is slower than the rest of the batch. It is producing some nice colas. But thrn today I check and there is some thing weird. I'm suspecting that it is pollinated but then I couldn't find any pollen sac.
May I ask if anybody know wth is it?

I have the same thing going on here - no idea why,
all the others are fine. Hopefully it works out well for you.

I've had this problem before. I was told that it was due to the plant recieving too much nitrogen in the later stages of flowering. Apparently it causes them to not want to finish. Please don't take this as advice because I have absolutely no idea how true this is.

I don't think this is because of Nitrogen. You can check the ongoing growing journal of Farside05 to see how he is growing without bloom nutrient.

If the Foxtailing is exclusive to the top buds near the light then stress is a likely culprit. However the earlymiss i grew did so all over the plant to a degree it seemed to be just how its buds formed. I did a bit of reading and determined for the most part genetics plays a huge part in it and ive seen buds in various seed bank pics with a foxtail like bud structure. When looking to see if a plants ready to harvest be sure to ignore the fox tails and look at calyxs in the inner part of the bud to determine ripening of trichomes.
You bud looks great btw goodluck and if you could take pics every few days and post it would be really interesting to see what develops.
:yummy:
:bong:

[/QU Nothing better than strangeness in a cannabis garden enjoy the different looks smells and tastes and oh ya highs.

I knew there was one,but I couldn't remember the name...Thank you,sir!

Foxtail... can be due to genetics - Blue Dream and her variants are well known for that. Looks fine to me!

Can happen running plants too long in flower. Is she ready to harvest?
If the Foxtailing is exclusive to the top buds near the light then stress is a likely culprit. However the earlymiss i grew did so all over the plant to a degree it seemed to be just how its buds formed. I did a bit of reading and determined for the most part genetics plays a huge part in it and ive seen buds in various seed bank pics with a foxtail like bud structure. When looking to see if a plants ready to harvest be sure to ignore the fox tails and look at calyxs in the inner part of the bud to determine ripening of trichomes.
You bud looks great btw goodluck and if you could take pics every few days and post it would be really interesting to see what develops.
:yummy:
:bong:

It kinds of happen all over the place. I read somewhere that if calyces/leaves ratio is too high.

Anw I think I have another 2 weeks judging from the pistils' colour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom