Wembley

What size of footprint are you looking to light up?
I have a 4x6 now, but may make it a 4x12 in the future. I could light the 4x12 with 4 CMHs for about a grand.

I’m an LED lover... but money sucks!! One of the hardest things to come by, and one of the most valuable thing to have... money sucks! :smokin:
First of all... is that pencil crapping out its lead? Man you really are a LEaD lover. Thats a pretty good idea though... a pencil that sharpens itself.

I used to have money... (sniffle)
I've had 2 different types of lights from Latinum-starts with a P LED ( im not supposed to talk about that manufacturer). Ive used G8, Perfect Sun, Black Dog, Rapid, Ursa, CFLs, double ended MH/HPS, CMH, and I have a Spectrum King LED. I've bought well over $5000 worth of lights I'm my time as a farmer.

My Governor has made "gig work" illegal, so its illegal to you work for yourself. That basically put me out of business. I still have a little work, but the big companies have gone away.... (sniffle sniffle).

I would really like to have a room filled with QBoards, but it doesn't look like its in the cards right now for two reasons first and most important is the coverage. The HLG fixture I like has a 8 ft. sqr. footprint. My grow area may grow to 4x12 48sqr. ft. in the future... i could get by with 5 fixtures but they are almost $500 each. Now, Budget sells something very similar, AND its $30 cheaper, but for $30 ill save my beer cans for legit QBoards. I don't really see the benefit of Budget. Much of their product line is priced very closely to HLG some are actually more expensive. I understand you can save a bit on the 4 QB fixtures, but im not looking for that. So, $2500 for the 5 HLG fixtures. I can get 4 CMH fixtures ( I really only need 3) and 8 bulbs for $1000, with a footprint that is somewhere between 9 and 16ft sqr. each. They give great light, they will fill the space with light MUCH better than the HLG, and will only pull 1260watts instead of 1750watts. This is a no brainer. Well, we'll see.

Sniffle sniffle Us poor self employed guys sure have it rough eh. Lol.

My boards are from atreum. I made my own frames to hold them. I like em. I found them to be the cheapest way to go and it's the same diodes. I'm waiting for the new version to drop so I can upgrade a flower tent.

Haha yeah man! That’s my #2 pencil! :cheesygrinsmiley:
9EF4A7E4-E771-4AAA-9F2A-A52A3BBC8917.jpeg

qb lights are nice!! Maybe one day I’ll be ballin and can afford them!

Sniffle sniffle Us poor self employed guys sure have it rough eh. Lol.

My boards are from atreum. I made my own frames to hold them. I like em. I found them to be the cheapest way to go and it's the same diodes. I'm waiting for the new version to drop so I can upgrade a flower tent.
HEY!! I work alone so I can hangout with a better class of people.

The new Qboards (648?) are supposed to be pretty sick. But they are really expensive. The wierd thing to me is it doesn't have a larger footpring. The boards are crazy looking though

Nothings wrong with it.... I figured writing in something that doesn’t match my soul, would be a good thing. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Damn I was hoping to catch you in a racist debacle that would follow you the rest of your life. Damn damn damn!

I love colored (thats not racist) pencils. I used to use them quite a bit when I drew. Yellow was one of my favorites. I'm a pen and ink guy now.

I think I damaged one of my speakers. I gotta switch their positions to see for sure. Its in the midrange department. So it may include more than one driver... What sucks is even if I can get a replacement im gonna have to figure out how to pull the old one off and mount the new one. There are no screws or anything that I can see. I once had a pair of B and Ws and they mounted the tweeter with a cam action. You press down on the tweeter in the enclosure and give it a quarter turn it to the left. Maybe these are the same way. It could be the amp or even the cables... they have batteries in them. I dont know. Fuck it, they still play. Gonna move them around right now.

Here are the lights I wish I had. They're relatively cheap and have a 4x4 footprint. 3 of these would be insane in my larger room... take a look
They have a couple smaller ones but they also have a few larger including a 1000 watt fixture thats totally nuts. Pretty cool. Trying to think of things to sell on Craigslist. I really only need $1800. IM GONNA SELL THOSE FUCKIN SPEAKERS!!!

That's a real similar light to what I'm running in my RDWC. I think it has 8 bars for a 4x4 area (might be 6 or even 7, lol) and it pulls 680w.

If I were lighting up a 4x4 area today, I would be running straight to a pair of the 250W Series 3 Red Specs from Budget LED. Run about $320/ea, and I'd opt for the "xl" heatsink. With the Series 3 now including the LG UV chips on the Red Spec models, it's a win win I think. Of course that's knowing what I know now, and knowing they are reliable and work like voodoo magic. :rofl:

While I haven't made up my mind yet, I may end up moving my bar/strip style light (mentioned above) into storage as a backup, and replacing that with 2 of these lights instead. I won't be making that decision for a few months though, so I'm not in any hurry.

The beauty in that would be you could go in stages. Light up the 4x6 area first, then the expansion later on if need be. Less heat to fight with too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can say the light I have in there now heats the place up more than the pair of 250W's in my other 4x4 tent. Not a lot, but a few degrees more. With both the 250W lights running on max, it was only raising about 6F above ambient room temp. Would probably be less if I were venting to another space. The strip light raises tent temp about 10F over ambient at max, and if I push it a little more (I've tried it at 105% just for shits and grins) it is a hair more than that. At 105% it was more like 12F or 13F over ambient.

Lots of good options out there, no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom