Went into flower November 16th - Still nothing!

Or You can put it in a piece of paper in the morning in the evening it should be dry, remember just cut a small bud.

^ This. ^

No need to bake or nuke a small budlette. It will dry soon enough.

Hey Noobie! The weird looking leaves are from over feeding. My gut tells me that is some of your long flowering time also. I run into this kind of thing all of the time. New growers should never take cultivation advice from a hydro store without doing your home work first. That's why this site is so great. Back off of the nutes. At this stage the plant is not really using much and you are just wasting your money. This goes back to what I always harp on and that is the growth stages that a plant goes through. Here is a very simplified breakdown and what you game plan should work around.

Germination through first true leaves- Physiologically your plant is just beginning the processes necessary to life. It is growing root tissue searching for water. It is still mainly living upon the energy stored in the cotyledons. As the cotyledons shrivel and die the plant begins to the next stage. Do not feed during this stage.

Juvenile seedling- This begins as the cotyledons die and eventually drop off. The first true leaves begin to develop and the photosynthetic processes start to fire up. This is a gradual thing as evidenced by the leaf development. The plant is actually developing more leaves and node in an effort to increase it opportunity for photosynthesis. It is during this stage that you can begin a balanced feed program starting at lower ppms and increasing as the plants frame increases. This is also the time to begin any plant sculpting program that you have in mind.

Adolescent plant- Now you are looking at a plant with several growing points. The photosynthetic processes are banging into high gear and the plant actually begins to store energy in it's root system to be utilized later in life when it tries to reproduce. Now is the time to finalize pruning techniques and continue any training game plan that you have in mind. This is also thw time to start pumping the nutrients. You can see the plant is kicking into high gear. You are looking at her every day and you say, " Wow! She's growing every day!

Mature vegetating plant to pre flower- The plant now has started to slow down in growth. This by the way is when many growers make their over feeding mistakes. The plant is telling you that it is shifting into its flowering time. But, a lot of folks think I need to feed her more. The nutrients generally are not all being utilized by the plant at this time and are left in the soil. This is the time where if you are not careful levels can rise to toxic amounts. The stems gradually become less plyable and more woody. You are starting to get more odor especially when you rub the stems. Finally you may begin to show a few pre flowers even though you haven't flipped the light schedule yet.

Active flowering- Ok you have flipped the lights.... for the next 10 -14 days the plant is shifting gears. Begin light feedings of higher Potassium and Phosphorous fertilizers. Phosphate especially takes a while to become available to the plant in most common formulations. It also doesn't translocate through the soil very easily so I like to subsoil a few applications. The plant will begin to actively flower shooting out numerous flowering sites! This is what you have been waiting for. You get excited and this is where a lot of folks again start loving their plants to death! Keep on a regular feeding schedule. If you are feeding her correctly she should show a little lag in growth before her next feeding followed by a leap frog after ward. This is true less in Hydro set ups than in soil grows. She is now trying to reproduce that's Mother Nature at work...the ultimate goal for every plant is to reproduce. Steady is the course.

Senescence-Harvest- Ahhhhhh! You can hardly keep out of the room! You just sit there staring like you have never seen any plant grow before! You know I am talking about you!!! We are all the same whetehr you have been growing 40 years or this is your first grow. That's what makes this hobby so great! Nature is now taking some of the control from you. The plant is using more of what is stored in it's roots and making much less use of what you are feeding. You can keep feeding just realize that you are reaching the return on investment plateau. The plant begins to shut off certain fan leaves as it slows down it's photosynthetic processes. Leaves begin to turn yellow and drop. It really is a wonder of nature and one of the reasons that I am a creature of the woods and fields. To watch natures cycle of life and witness things big and small that plants and animals do in realization that the season is ending and in many cases that their lives are ending. It is truly a humbling grounding part of life. I truly feel sorry for people who aren't tuned into it. The plant is striving to attract pollen and it may indeed begin to shoot male flowers. Resin development is just that.....the plants response to not being pollenated. It is trying to make sure that it has a chance to trap any pollen that is available.

In conclusion...For sake of brevity.....yeah right brief Huh? I have not discussed feed strategies, grow budgets and maximizing yield for your buck. People feed every thing under the sun to plants and most of them have their benefits. I will state that often it is not what you feed but...WHEN...you feed it that is critical to the results that you achieve. That is why specific note taking is so important in any grow. I hope that I have been of some help to an obviously talented new cultivator. Best of luck in all you grow!

Hey Noobie! The weird looking leaves are from over feeding. My gut tells me that is some of your long flowering time also. I run into this kind of thing all of the time. New growers should never take cultivation advice from a hydro store without doing your home work first. That's why this site is so great. Back off of the nutes. At this stage the plant is not really using much and you are just wasting your money. This goes back to what I always harp on and that is the growth stages that a plant goes through. Here is a very simplified breakdown and what you game plan should work around.

Germination through first true leaves- Physiologically your plant is just beginning the processes necessary to life. It is growing root tissue searching for water. It is still mainly living upon the energy stored in the cotyledons. As the cotyledons shrivel and die the plant begins to the next stage. Do not feed during this stage.

Juvenile seedling- This begins as the cotyledons die and eventually drop off. The first true leaves begin to develop and the photosynthetic processes start to fire up. This is a gradual thing as evidenced by the leaf development. The plant is actually developing more leaves and node in an effort to increase it opportunity for photosynthesis. It is during this stage that you can begin a balanced feed program starting at lower ppms and increasing as the plants frame increases. This is also the time to begin any plant sculpting program that you have in mind.

Adolescent plant- Now you are looking at a plant with several growing points. The photosynthetic processes are banging into high gear and the plant actually begins to store energy in it's root system to be utilized later in life when it tries to reproduce. Now is the time to finalize pruning techniques and continue any training game plan that you have in mind. This is also thw time to start pumping the nutrients. You can see the plant is kicking into high gear. You are looking at her every day and you say, " Wow! She's growing every day!

Mature vegetating plant to pre flower- The plant now has started to slow down in growth. This by the way is when many growers make their over feeding mistakes. The plant is telling you that it is shifting into its flowering time. But, a lot of folks think I need to feed her more. The nutrients generally are not all being utilized by the plant at this time and are left in the soil. This is the time where if you are not careful levels can rise to toxic amounts. The stems gradually become less plyable and more woody. You are starting to get more odor especially when you rub the stems. Finally you may begin to show a few pre flowers even though you haven't flipped the light schedule yet.

Active flowering- Ok you have flipped the lights.... for the next 10 -14 days the plant is shifting gears. Begin light feedings of higher Potassium and Phosphorous fertilizers. Phosphate especially takes a while to become available to the plant in most common formulations. It also doesn't translocate through the soil very easily so I like to subsoil a few applications. The plant will begin to actively flower shooting out numerous flowering sites! This is what you have been waiting for. You get excited and this is where a lot of folks again start loving their plants to death! Keep on a regular feeding schedule. If you are feeding her correctly she should show a little lag in growth before her next feeding followed by a leap frog after ward. This is true less in Hydro set ups than in soil grows. She is now trying to reproduce that's Mother Nature at work...the ultimate goal for every plant is to reproduce. Steady is the course.

Senescence-Harvest- Ahhhhhh! You can hardly keep out of the room! You just sit there staring like you have never seen any plant grow before! You know I am talking about you!!! We are all the same whetehr you have been growing 40 years or this is your first grow. That's what makes this hobby so great! Nature is now taking some of the control from you. The plant is using more of what is stored in it's roots and making much less use of what you are feeding. You can keep feeding just realize that you are reaching the return on investment plateau. The plant begins to shut off certain fan leaves as it slows down it's photosynthetic processes. Leaves begin to turn yellow and drop. It really is a wonder of nature and one of the reasons that I am a creature of the woods and fields. To watch natures cycle of life and witness things big and small that plants and animals do in realization that the season is ending and in many cases that their lives are ending. It is truly a humbling grounding part of life. I truly feel sorry for people who aren't tuned into it. The plant is striving to attract pollen and it may indeed begin to shoot male flowers. Resin development is just that.....the plants response to not being pollenated. It is trying to make sure that it has a chance to trap any pollen that is available.

In conclusion...For sake of brevity.....yeah right brief Huh? I have not discussed feed strategies, grow budgets and maximizing yield for your buck. People feed every thing under the sun to plants and most of them have their benefits. I will state that often it is not what you feed but...WHEN...you feed it that is critical to the results that you achieve. That is why specific note taking is so important in any grow. I hope that I have been of some help to an obviously talented new cultivator. Best of luck in all you grow!

Great explanation Holler, +Reps.

Hey Noobie! It's a cost versus reward scenario now. At this late stage in the game, with a plant that is showing over feeding symptoms....how much added weight are you expecting to get from feeding with about 3 weeks to grow. Plus Mom, lollypopped her, not a bad move by the way if you are trying to speed her up. But....lets think about this..... she now has less mass to keep alive and she is pumping more and more of what she needs from what she has stored in her roots. Now I know the guy at the hydro store is going to tell you to pour it on. But he's got a big light bill to pay and soon he has to pay inventory tax on everything that he hasn't sold. Lets say a quart is 30 bucks and you are going to use 2-4 ozs. every feeding. A quart is 32 ounces every feeding is costing you 1.75 to about 3.50. Most of this is going to be in the soil at finish. So it's really a cost versus reward argument. Now if you had 6 weeks to go it might make some sense. To me personally with an over fed plant a little non- sulphered molasses or even a light dose of Epsom salts may do you as much good at much less cost. Also with less chance to negatively impact the flavor of your finished product. I'm sure that there will be some who may disagree with me...especially in hydro they pump it until flush. But.......I am a farmer..... we farmers if we have been in business any length of time are constantly measuring what gives us the best bang for the buck and still allow us to produce a quality crop. As always say if I spend a penny I want 3 cents back in change! She's going to start to swell if you don't do anything. So remember that you are looking for the difference between if you spend the dough or don't do anything. That's true ROI Best of luck in all you grow!

Bag seeds. People never learn :D Amount of money saved on seeds is tiny compared to electricity bill i bet.

Anyways... flush and cut down daytime to 10/14. Leaves like that are sideeffect from hybridization. Sometimes that happens even with good seeds, should not affect the end product much.

Bag seeds. People never learn :D Amount of money saved on seeds is tiny compared to electricity bill i bet.

Anyways... flush and cut down daytime to 10/14. Leaves like that are sideeffect from hybridization. Sometimes that happens even with good seeds, should not affect the end product much.

Reason why I started with bagseed was because I didn't want to ruin good seeds. As far as electric bill, I pay only 90 a month no matter how much I use. So I should flush basically for the next 2-3 weeks?

Hey noobie! You said that you were already down to 8/16 right? That's another issue. I never finish at much less than 10 /14. Usually in the final weeks I go with 11/13. But that's just me. Snowman is right about sometimes seeing that on a certain variety in the tops....but...not often all the way down the plant. There is little in the way of true hybridized weed strains out there although they are getting close. But almost every strain has phenotypes and then what we call "Sports" ( Growth anomalies) within those phenotypes. That's why sometimes you buy seed from a reputable breeder and end up with nothing like any of the phenos that they tell you to look for. Finish her off and roll her up my friend! Best of luck in all you grow!

You are clearly ready to use good seeds. But that's is a good point... Anyways, because unpredictability of those bad seeds you know know the problems associated with that. Even if that's not showing up on electricity bill your lights are working overtime and loosing their longevity for nothing.

Flushing is a must anyways if you want nice smelling weed that is also tastes good. Combined with drop in daylight that should push plants to end of life cycle.

Your leaves should star to get yellowish and pistils orange.

Reason why I started with bagseed was because I didn't want to ruin good seeds. As far as electric bill, I pay only 90 a month no matter how much I use. So I should flush basically for the next 2-3 weeks?

Thank you sir. I will be emptying out my water today and just use ph water until she is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I'd like to thank everyone for all their advice and input because if I didn't post I would've kept the same cycle going and it would never end.

I will update this thread as the weeks go by because it might help someone else in a similar situation. Thanks guys.

Wanted to update this thread. Been running straight water for the last week. Buds been feeling denser but leaves are still green so it must have plenty of food still left in her.

Here we are guys, week 14 I believe? Here's my update Pistils are still white, buds are getting bigger and fatter, so ionno.

Still only been giving her water and that's it nothing else..

IMG_041539.JPG

IMG_041744.JPG

IMG_042038.JPG

IMG_042136.JPG

IMG_042238.JPG

IMG_042344.JPG

IMG_042533.JPG

Looks like there is some good amount resin kicking around. At this point it's your choice to wait or harvest. I do harvested much less ready plants every year from outside grows due to whether conditions at my location. Never been unsatisfied with results.

Since you been watering with plain water for a while now, just wait for soil to dry out and put those scissors to work :D

Looks like there is some good amount resin kicking around. At this point it's your choice to wait or harvest. I do harvest much less ready plants every year from outside grows due to whether conditions at my location. Never been unsatisfied with results.

Since you been watering with plain water for a while now, just wait for soil to dry out and put those scissors to work :D

There's no soil. It's currently in a rdwc system. Been getting plain water for about a week. I'm not in a super rush to harvest just feeling frustrated because it doesn't seem like she's ever going to finish.

This is closer to finish then most plants ever get. Smoke will be different but not worse in any way. BTW... i am off to basement to light up that super early harvest of Northern Lights i had this year :D

Back
Top Bottom