West Coast Diesel: First Grow Journal - Would Love Some Insight

Morning pics

9F4B3276-8B72-41BD-A23D-C45712ADAAE4.jpeg

018C2BE2-DE37-40B9-BA4F-49DFBFBE500F.jpeg

517D21C1-4ADD-4D1B-8278-96C784465C5F.jpeg

DBDFDA3B-1E81-427A-994A-047B903517FF.jpeg

Hello fellow 420ers came home this evening and noticed two of the west coasts have dying leaves at both colas the infected one is worse than the other but both have visible dying branches, which is concerning.

Dont really know why this is the case we didnt have frost last night and didnt notice either of them this morning. Of course its on sides that pictures were not taken on lol.

If anyone has any possible reasons why this might be the case love to hear it.

Hope everyone has a good evening and happy growing.

7B011C11-F61E-4DFE-8D02-979140007C57.jpeg

83E77CCE-4ABF-40C8-B990-ABB2B282E420.jpeg

On the broken branch?

Can you get a pic of where the stem of the dying branch grows out of the branch it comes from?
The branch that broke was on the peanutbutter-haze these pics are from my smaller west coasts

Yea no prob shed will do that in a few minutes. Came home to a broken power stearing belt on my car and now this when it rains it pours lol.

On the broken branch?

Can you get a pic of where the stem of the dying branch grows out of the branch it comes from?
Only thing i can really think of is maybe since we havent really had any bad frost. I fed the west coasts around 9pm so temp was dropping to around 10c,

i also noticed the water jugs i had pre filled and the water was very cold that i mixed with nutrients. Would the temp of my water that i used possibly cause them to go into shock or possibly something else?

10ºc is getting down into the temps where nutrient uptake stops, and very cold water can shock the plant as well since soil temps are usually higher than air temps.

What are your overnight temps? Also, is the connection at the bottom of the stem loose or black at the join?
Ok so should i be done feeding them or if i do in the afternoon for warmest temps possible?

The past week 7-13c might even be 8-9 at the low end.

First connection looks clean but the second looks like it could be fusarium wilt. The problem with that theory is that it lives in the soil at much higher temps. Let's hope that's not it!
Ok so should i be done feeding them or if i do in the afternoon for warmest temps possible?
You should keep your nute water indoors!
The past week 7-13c might even be 8-9 at the low end.
7º is too cold for cannabis! That's still better than fusarium. :)

"Cannabis varieties react differently to cold, although below a median temperature of 12ºC they are universally at risk of death. As with water, which at higher temperature contains a lower concentration of dissolved oxygen, once the air cools to below 18-20ºC the plant's metabolism will slow down gradually and hinder or halt development."

First connection looks clean but the second looks like it could be fusarium wilt. The problem with that theory is that it lives in the soil at much higher temps. Let's hope that's not it!

You should keep your nute water indoors!

7º is too cold for cannabis! That's still better than fusarium. :)

"Cannabis varieties react differently to cold, although below a median temperature of 12ºC they are universally at risk of death. As with water, which at higher temperature contains a lower concentration of dissolved oxygen, once the air cools to below 18-20ºC the plant's metabolism will slow down gradually and hinder or halt development."

I quicky read that pinned article
For the fusarium should i cut open my branch open and see if its similar brown colour as the photos listed?

Is my overnight temps something to worry about? Even though its only for overnight temps?

Overnight is now longer than "overday" so it's definitely a concern. The article says "below a median temperature of 12ºC they are universally at risk of death."

I don't think you should take off that branch yet since there's nothing you can do about it if it is fusarium other than toss the whole plant. I don't think it is based on the soil temps, but cold could definitely be an issue here.

Overnight is now longer than "overday" so it's definitely a concern. The article says "below a median temperature of 12ºC they are universally at risk of death."

I don't think you should take off that branch yet since there's nothing you can do about it if it is fusarium other than toss the whole plant. I don't think it is based on the soil temps, but cold could definitely be an issue here.
Yea thats true. Didnt account for how much daylight we’re actually getting.

I ended up cutting it since the branch had a crack in it already and wasn’t yielding much anyways.

I noticed when reading the article it also mentions the diease sprouts and germinate in dry soil?

Would definitely be a shame to have to cut the whole plant😓

Like I mentioned, I don't think it's fusarium because of the cold soil temps, but you may be reaching the end of your outdoor growing season because of the weather.

Short-flowering indicas that come down by the end of September would seem to be your best bet. They'd be done by now.

Did the inside of the branch look okay?
yup just going down the rabit hole thats all lol. I know that we dont think it is, hopefully i do get couple more weeks before harvest want these girls to mature but deff dont want them to suffer either.

Definitely going down the shoet flowering indica route next year gotta research some high yielding strains though always love growing the biggest plants i can😂.

Branch didnt appear to have any discolouration inside 👍

A5C849B5-B2B0-474A-848D-893FF6CB0606.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom