West Coast Diesel: First Grow Journal - Would Love Some Insight

Hey everyone was out again at the plants to re support the peanutbutter haze and went back and looked at that plant and noticed soke browning of the branch about haft way up the branch that connects to the main cola.

Going to monitor that branch some more in the coming days

803A2E89-C48B-4814-B6B4-313805C00C5C.jpeg

E1BB0BA0-E28B-4E77-A3A1-5878DCDD6602.jpeg

CD41B287-4A23-479C-999C-7AD31C6184C2.jpeg

I cut nitrogen only pretty much but continue everything else. I have been on the hunt for a nitrogen free calmag for this reason.

Cheers shed unfortunately it's not available over here 😞 I'm pretty sure that's the only one too.
You can make a calcium supplement from eggshells (basic recipe here before the add-ons):

and magnesium is one of the two ingredients in epsom salts.

Not as easy as from a bottle though, that's for sure!

You can make a calcium supplement from eggshells (basic recipe here before the add-ons):

and magnesium is one of the two ingredients in epsom salts.

Not as easy as from a bottle though, that's for sure!
Much appreciated brother 🙏 I'll check this out! I was thinking to see if I can get a buddy to buy and ship it.. it will be extra but it will only be used in flower so last alot longer.

Good afternoon fellow 420ers got some beautiful weather this past week going into the weekend. Wish i had some better news upon watering the plants today i found some bud rot on one of my west coasts turned out to be one of the lower colas which is better than the the top, nevertheless still one of the worst things to come out and notice on one of your plant.

Ended up cutting the whole branch to be safe and inspected the rest of the plant and didnt notice any more at the moment. Will be keeping on it every day and now i am thinking wouldnt be the worst idea to chop it down in the next couple of days since its the most matured out of the west coasts.

6B85A6B9-FA4E-49E9-915C-F69A8D013C9A.jpeg

C1D92CE3-627B-47EC-A658-E7F59C57FF72.jpeg

Will take a read shed thanks 👍
I agree with the reading Newb. In my opinion the flush is to remove any built up salts an inorganic grow may have to allow the plant to feed better.
TPS makes a calmag that's 0-0-0:
That's the one I've been adding to my SIP's!
Good afternoon fellow 420ers got some beautiful weather this past week going into the weekend. Wish i had some better news upon watering the plants today i found some bud rot on one of my west coasts turned out to be one of the lower colas which is better than the the top, nevertheless still one of the worst things to come out and notice on one of your plant.

Ended up cutting the whole branch to be safe and inspected the rest of the plant and didnt notice any more at the moment. Will be keeping on it every day and now i am thinking wouldnt be the worst idea to chop it down in the next couple of days since its the most matured out of the west coasts.

6B85A6B9-FA4E-49E9-915C-F69A8D013C9A.jpeg

C1D92CE3-627B-47EC-A658-E7F59C57FF72.jpeg
Yes it's good to get it early! The whole branch mat have been overkill. I take my trimming scissors and snip the rot out saving what bud I can. If it looks clean I save it.

I agree with the reading Newb. In my opinion the flush is to remove any built up salts an inorganic grow may have to allow the plant to feed better.

That's the one I've been adding to my SIP's!

Yes it's good to get it early! The whole branch mat have been overkill. I take my trimming scissors and snip the rot out saving what bud I can. If it looks clean I save it.
Yea i can totally get behind that when talking about using liquid nutrients that make have salts. This my first year being organic, in the past i have grown using inorganic nutes so its always been imprinted in me to flush for the last two weeks.

In the past ive lost complete plants to budrot so i dont really like taking any chances i ended up cutting the whole branch and stuck the non contaminated parts of the branches that been removed and just started drying them.

Im thinking im just gonna chop the plant down branch by branch in the next couple of days.

As Stone said take only the rotted part of the bud. I have been doing this and the good part of the bud has been ok I was cutting the whole bud but found it not necessary and the good bud keeps growing. Good luck brother bud rot sucks.
Hey keith yea it may be overkill, if it was any of the other plants i wouldnt be so worried but for the past few weeks ive been trying to treat it for something. Whatever outbreak it was still hasnt fully stopped and now im seeing bud rot, i feel that the plant isnt fully healthy anymore and i may need to think about harvesting it ealier than expected.

Also with the budrot at least it will be drying by it self and have less of a chance of spreading to the other plants in the drying room.

Hey keith yea it may be overkill, if it was any of the other plants i wouldnt be so worried but for the past few weeks ive been trying to treat it for something. Whatever outbreak it was still hasnt fully stopped and now im seeing bud rot, i feel that the plant isnt fully healthy anymore and i may need to think about harvesting it ealier than expected.

Also with the budrot at least it will be drying by it self and have less of a chance of spreading to the other plants in the drying room.
I agree with you and may have to do the same thing. My plants do not look healthy anymore. So I know what you are feeling.

Yea i can totally get behind that when talking about using liquid nutrients that make have salts. This my first year being organic, in the past i have grown using inorganic nutes so its always been imprinted in me to flush for the last two weeks.

In the past ive lost complete plants to budrot so i dont really like taking any chances i ended up cutting the whole branch and stuck the non contaminated parts of the branches that been removed and just started drying them.

Im thinking im just gonna chop the plant down branch by branch in the next couple of days.
I just answered a question from another who asked when I take them outdoors. I said when I can't accept another day of rot trimming I take the plant. It's a line we have to draw. You yours and me mine. It'll be a good day!

Back
Top Bottom