What are people putting between large 100+ gallon geo pots and the tent floor?

triangle

I have a 150 gallon geo pot with living soil liner, been tempted to abandon the idea a bunch of times in lieu of 15 gallon containers, but I feel like I should be true to what I wanted and give it a shot.

My question is in regards to raising the fabric off the direct floor? The thing is gonna weigh hundreds and hundreds of pounds so something as simple as a "pot riser" doesn't exist, that I've seen. I thought of trying to find some kind of heavy duty metal rack or something. Someone else mentioned using a flood tray and a special kind of gravel?

Putting it on a raised square grid with castors won't be possible as it's inside a tent and won't be mobile

Would love to hear or see what anybody growing in 100+ gallon pots that don't move are doing

Cheers!

How bout laying down hard insulation and put a piece of plywood on top if you're worried about temps at the root zone. If you want something to keep the floor clean add a flood tray on top of insulation board.

Lots of guys I know that run big containers like that build wooden racks basically wooden bins that hold the bag of soil. They aren't moveable really.

How bout laying down hard insulation and put a piece of plywood on top if you're worried about temps at the root zone. If you want something to keep the floor clean add a flood tray on top of insulation board.

Lots of guys I know that run big containers like that build wooden racks basically wooden bins that hold the bag of soil. They aren't moveable really.

sweet! i like the idea of the insulation board on the bottom to keep off the concrete floor for sure. Just had heard some people mention things like pea gravel bedding and was unsure if this goes in the bottom of the geopot itself, or outside of the pot and the pot rests on top of it?

cool, thanks, looks confusing
20200202_140959.jpg

Back
Top Bottom