What's a decent harvest from an auto?

That should given you around 35g, depending on the strain, probably not bad.

Autos can become monsters (for an auto) if everything goes perfectly, but seem to be hit-or-miss for the most part, most seem to come in between 30-100g dry weight per plant.
This was the biggest one I grew so far, looking super healthy, its a fast growing one so harvests will be lower

Honestly I started hating autos since I signed up. On this forum.

This are cool, but too much shit can go wrong. I just grow. Em as "side buds" while. I wait for. My fems hahaha

:thumb:

P1080194 (1).jpg

I grew two free Strawberry Cheesecake autos for my first auto try. Outdoors, into 2 gallon pots 4 weeks before the solstice so they would get max daylight. Got over 3 ozs dry from each plant. With bigger pots and 18 hrs of light indoors, probably can do better.

I dont like autos, too much of a wild card for me. The ruderalis in them can f you over in a couple of ways. Decreased potency or too early flowering.
The potency thing isn’t really an issue anymore, most people can’t even tell the difference. The flowering time will always be more touchy but you just have to find the right strain. I am averaging about 900 g wet from mine indoors, using cheap nutes and a cheap light-
5E9FCD31-9223-4A19-BD2D-2D272B9ECB81.jpeg

6F2EF5CF-A8D4-432B-9120-813026548110.jpeg
8C97A15B-A70B-4FD0-8309-C21AECA20B87.jpeg

As Forest Gump would say autos are like a box of chocolate you never know what you're going to get.
Sorry but its kind of true , I grow all autos indoors and the biggest I've had is 12oz and the smallest 1.5oz.
I'm happy if I get 4oz plants if I can harvest 4 plants per month that's 1 pound per month a a real decent harvest

The potency thing isn’t really an issue anymore, most people can’t even tell the difference. The flowering time will always be more touchy but you just have to find the right strain. I am averaging about 900 g wet from mine indoors, using cheap nutes and a cheap light-
5E9FCD31-9223-4A19-BD2D-2D272B9ECB81.jpeg

6F2EF5CF-A8D4-432B-9120-813026548110.jpeg
8C97A15B-A70B-4FD0-8309-C21AECA20B87.jpeg
That's outstanding. Can you walk me though your ways? I'd like to do what you do!

Maybe the trick is to grow many autos in small containers rather than few in big ones?

Well, if you don't mind the cost of seeds that is, i do!! Still tho. Its kinda sad that you never know what's gonna happen

That's outstanding. Can you walk me though your ways? I'd like to do what you do!
My journals are packed with good stuff ;) But really I feel like MegaCrop does a lot of the work.
I have done a regular topped only plant, a quad line, and even a hexline and still got around the same yields with 3 different varieties. Still trying to break that 1000g mark.
Some good easy tips- Get a Lux meter. Use @Emilya watering technique. Don’t let your pH fluctuate or you’ll lose days (might as well be weeks with autos) and personally I skip the paper towel sprouting method and go straight into soil in the final pot (after float). A lot of it is up to the grower. I’ve been doing this a long time, so much of it is a feeling that the plants are happy or not, then adjusting accordingly. They will practically shout at you when their needs aren’t being met, and if you miss the cry for help, a door closes that can sometimes not be re-opened.

My journals are packed with good stuff ;) But really I feel like MegaCrop does a lot of the work.
I have done a regular topped only plant, a quad line, and even a hexline and still got around the same yields with 3 different varieties. Still trying to break that 1000g mark.
Some good easy tips- Get a Lux meter. Use @Emilya watering technique. Don’t let your pH fluctuate or you’ll lose days (might as well be weeks with autos) and personally I skip the paper towel sprouting method and go straight into soil in the final pot (after float). A lot of it is up to the grower. I’ve been doing this a long time, so much of it is a feeling that the plants are happy or not, then adjusting accordingly. They will practically shout at you when their needs aren’t being met, and if you miss the cry for help, a door closes that can sometimes not be re-opened.
Personally I've been feeding so much terra canna fetilizer and I didn't even get nutrient burn, they are soo damn hungry, terra calls for 5ml/l max, I use even 7ml/l and they don't get burned. And I ferilize every watering too

Maybe the trick is to grow many autos in small containers rather than few in big ones?

Well, if you don't mind the cost of seeds that is, i do!! Still tho. Its kinda sad that you never know what's gonna happen

This will work. Run 20 plants in #3 pots on a 3x5 table and you get 25-30 zips in the can. Thats not a bad haul.

Back
Top Bottom