What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Jim, how you going, how's things?

Putting a convertible top on my little car has taken a bit of my time. So just been battling the heat here on the east coast, fighting mosquitoes and tiny, hard to hold screws. So the top is basically on with just a little trim and molding retainers to put on now. There's one retainer that I'll have a hard time with but who knows? It might just go smoothly. I do have to make two shims as I dropped them on removal. It really was a bad German engineering I think.

:rofl:

Then more trim and the handle to the locking mechanism and I'll be done.

Plants....suffering a little heat in the tent. Up to 88o F and wanting water more frequently. I was going to flip on Monday but missed it. I'll try to get them flipped to 12/12 tomorrow.

Haven't taken any recent pictures but they're all looking fairly good.

The Convertible Top is complete and Tent is flipped to Bloom

and there's hurricane Irma which is a huge bag of wind with storm surge to 20 ft looking like it'll take out the Florida keys and then ...oh who knows? She's just a bad girl and they're all trouble for the east coast.

So about the top....it looks good. The fit is tight and I found out that my air conditioner needs a charge of refrigerant. Oh well...life happens.

The Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley now have their LED set to full spectrum and is on a 12/12 schedule. Jack Herer went into the overflow tent for additional time. She needs at least one more topping of her branches and some more time in veg. Ready or not the BDs in hempy pots remain and I'm interested in their stretch from such little things.

Team

DSC_030720.JPG

Blue Dream

DSC_030930.JPG

Blue Dream

DSC_032023.JPG

Pakistan Valley

DSC_032221.JPG

Jack Herer

DSC_031134.JPG

I took some pics with the LED on to see if I could capture the difference of the variegation .... sorry, it's just hard to duplicate what I was seeing.

DSC_030623.JPG

Blue Dreams

The largest hempy is showing some type of issue. I haven't had time to even look at it closely and I'm committed to Osmocote plus anyway. I'm not using cal mag and haven't used it in my tent for a few grows now.

DSC_031822.JPG

DSC_031526.JPG

DSC_031431.JPG

DSC_031331.JPG

DSC_031229.JPG

OK....tomorrow morning early I go have this cancer on my leg remove. It's going to be interesting.

Have a great day folks. :love: :thanks: for stopping by.

Hang some ornaments and that Blue Dream is a Christmas tree. Beautiful.

Cheers.

and I meant to comment about that shape and structure. The other two S1 seeds that I'm growing out were topped only once. These are the ones in the largest hempy container and the 1 gal plastic pot.

But that one growing in tree form is surely showing her stuff. I might look for those ornaments. Cheers :xmas:

I'm with Ditch on the decorations Jim. There's your Christmas card all ready to go. :battingeyelashes:

The Pakistan Valley Jim....... *swoon*

You'll have a great supply of Blue Dream when this batch is all in. I've heard more than one member comment that it instantly became their favorite smoke. Can't wait to give it a try. Do you find it better day or evening smoke?

I'm with Ditch on the decorations Jim. There's your Christmas card all ready to go. :battingeyelashes:

You'll have a great supply of Blue Dream when this batch is all in. I've heard more than one member comment that it instantly became their favorite smoke. Can't wait to give it a try. Do you find it better day or evening smoke?
Pretty much the reason for me purchasing some blue dream seeds and making them a part of my first grow. If that many people love it, that swear by it, and that grow it...then I gotta check it out.

The Convertible Top is complete and Tent is flipped to Bloom

and there's hurricane Irma which is a huge bag of wind with storm surge to 20 ft looking like it'll take out the Florida keys and then ...oh who knows? She's just a bad girl and they're all trouble for the east coast.

So about the top....it looks good. The fit is tight and I found out that my air conditioner needs a charge of refrigerant. Oh well...life happens.

The Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley now have their LED set to full spectrum and is on a 12/12 schedule. Jack Herer went into the overflow tent for additional time. She needs at least one more topping of her branches and some more time in veg. Ready or not the BDs in hempy pots remain and I'm interested in their stretch from such little things.

Team

DSC_030720.JPG

Blue Dream

DSC_030930.JPG

Blue Dream

DSC_032023.JPG

Pakistan Valley

DSC_032221.JPG

Jack Herer

DSC_031134.JPG

I took some pics with the LED on to see if I could capture the difference of the variegation .... sorry, it's just hard to duplicate what I was seeing.

DSC_030623.JPG

Blue Dreams

The largest hempy is showing some type of issue. I haven't had time to even look at it closely and I'm committed to Osmocote plus anyway. I'm not using cal mag and haven't used it in my tent for a few grows now.

DSC_031822.JPG

DSC_031526.JPG

DSC_031431.JPG

DSC_031331.JPG

DSC_031229.JPG

OK....tomorrow morning early I go have this cancer on my leg remove. It's going to be interesting.

Have a great day folks. :love: :thanks: for stopping by.

I heard about the hurricane Irma, hope you are OK
Plants are nice

Do we get a pic of the convertible once complete? Glad it's all going smoothly for you :rofl: sounds like you got it mate :thumb:

Well Jim I had planted a few seeds directly into my soil without pre-loading the soil with a compost tea. The soil was moist and my thought process was that the seedlings would send out roots looking for water. I was going to add the tea for their first watering. They were growing, albeit a bit slow.

Fast forward a few days and bobrown14 mentioned in the organic soil thread that I should feed the soil before planting to encourage the organisms to get established. I immediately brewed up a batch. Meanwhile I had dropped a few more beans to germinate as 1 of the originals failed to launch.

Long story shorter, the newly cracked seeds were planted into a fresh pot of soil, and fed the compost tea along with the established seeds. I went to work today with just the cotyledons stretching out of the soil on a Blue Dream. Just checked on it after getting home from work and the cotyledons opened and their their is a fresh set of actual leaves coming out. Much faster than the seedlings that were planted without the tea. The established seedlings seemed to get a bit of boost too.

Now that may not mean much, I am not recording any data, but it surprised the hell out of me visually based on the day to day growth I was seeing before feeding the soil. I take that one of two ways; A) I should have watered the soil initially or B) The compost tea worked as intended. I dunno, the important part is my plants have responded. I am curious to see how your plants respond.

High Sue....I've found the BD to be an excellent head first thing in the morning. The parent was more sativa leaning with just the right amount of indica. I'm just hoping the S1 seeds produce the same affect.

Pretty much the reason for me purchasing some blue dream seeds and making them a part of my first grow. If that many people love it, that swear by it, and that grow it...then I gotta check it out.

I ran it for the same reason. Jack Herer was my original favorite but Blue Dream now tops it. I like my Chem Dawg just a tad bit better but I now understand why BD is so popular in legal states dispensaries.

I heard about the hurricane Irma, hope you are OK
Plants are nice

So good to see you Sara. Lamps still doing their job.

Do we get a pic of the convertible once complete? Glad it's all going smoothly for you :rofl: sounds like you got it mate :thumb:

Going to put a wash on it later today and pics coming up. :high-five:

Well Jim I had planted a few seeds directly into my soil without pre-loading the soil with a compost tea. The soil was moist and my thought process was that the seedlings would send out roots looking for water. I was going to add the tea for their first watering. They were growing, albeit a bit slow.

Fast forward a few days and bobrown14 mentioned in the organic soil thread that I should feed the soil before planting to encourage the organisms to get established. I immediately brewed up a batch. Meanwhile I had dropped a few more beans to germinate as 1 of the originals failed to launch.

Long story shorter, the newly cracked seeds were planted into a fresh pot of soil, and fed the compost tea along with the established seeds. I went to work today with just the cotyledons stretching out of the soil on a Blue Dream. Just checked on it after getting home from work and the cotyledons opened and their their is a fresh set of actual leaves coming out. Much faster than the seedlings that were planted without the tea. The established seedlings seemed to get a bit of boost too.

Now that may not mean much, I am not recording any data, but it surprised the hell out of me visually based on the day to day growth I was seeing before feeding the soil. I take that one of two ways; A) I should have watered the soil initially or B) The compost tea worked as intended. I dunno, the important part is my plants have responded. I am curious to see how your plants respond.

I'm still on the fence here about the benefit of the micro-organisms. Right now plants in the bloom tent are suffering from heat exhaustion.

I was curious about the white stuff you have on top of the soil ... what is it ... and what does it do or the benefit of it.

That white stuff is perlite. It's added to soil for aeration and drainage. I do have 3 plants growing totally in perlite and these are called hempy pots. Here's one:

DSC_027225.JPG

For my friend Grizzwald...I grabbed a clone so my pics would be legal. There's a park nearby with 2 ball fields and some grass fields and I thought that would be easy and quick for me to take a few photographs with my not-so-legal friend. As I was taking her out some dude and his son drove up and almost parked on top of me. Screw that.

I drove to one of my favorite spots....the boat landing. So here's the pics of my new rag top on the roadster:

IMG_505711.JPG

IMG_505618.JPG

IMG_505410.JPG

IMG_505313.JPG

IMG_505216.JPG

and one to show you that it is functional :high-five: Pakistan Valley snuggled between the roll bars.

IMG_505813.JPG

That's nice Jim. What an Audiluscious day.. wasn't expecting you to put your freedom at risk for a photo but I appreciate the extra length to stay on topic and well, it looks freaking awesome. I alsways like seeing boobs draped over a hood or some double bonnet action but that plant, that's new school advertising right there. I can see that selling cars. :passitleft: thanks mate and well done :passitleft:

Morning MJ, Nice lookn' sled your driving...... you must keep her under cover.... Oh and I liked the shrubs decor...
Watching this storm coming at us, just moved some to the west and still coming. I'm headed to Texas in the morning for a week to prepare for the crews to head that way in the up coming future. Now we have Irma coming up and lord knows what she will do. Lets keep all these folks in our thoughts and prayers. Those fleeing are under so much stress.....
:peace:

Morning MJ, Nice lookn' sled your driving...... you must keep her under cover.... Oh and I liked the shrubs decor...
Watching this storm coming at us, just moved some to the west and still coming. I'm headed to Texas in the morning for a week to prepare for the crews to head that way in the up coming future. Now we have Irma coming up and lord knows what she will do. Lets keep all these folks in our thoughts and prayers. Those fleeing are under so much stress.....
:peace:

Thank you Rooster1. Been sending prayers up for hurricane victims for a couple weeks now. Seen them all that have hit the Mid-Atlantic since Hurricane Hazel way back in '54. I'm still glad I never lived at the beach.

Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom