What's wrong with my plants?

Floki88

I just noticed this today.. can anyone give me an idea of what's causing it? Looks like maybe a bug eating the top layer of leaves and new leaves tips are all twisted and say burnt up?

20230604_205851.jpg

20230604_205901.jpg

20230604_205912.jpg

20230604_205921.jpg

20230604_205936.jpg

definitely looks like thrips, BUT, if you dont see any, could be from extremely low humidity and extremely dry soil.

Boron deficiency,

I feed once a week the fox farm dirty dozen line up. In ff ocean forest soil. 6.4 ph. I'll take a pic this evening but looking at underside of leaves the affected spots on leaves are darker then rest of leaf when looking through it

I feed once a week the fox farm dirty dozen line up. In ff ocean forest soil. 6.4 ph. I'll take a pic this evening but looking at underside of leaves the affected spots on leaves are darker then rest of leaf when looking through it
How often do you water/feed? I think the problem to me looks like you let the pots dry out to much between waterings causing high EC spikes when it's dry or almost dry.

I think it's nute burn caused by to much drybacks. It seems to be a common theme on here. Overfeeding and letting the pots dry out to much between waterings.

I feed once a week the fox farm dirty dozen line up.
That may be part of your problem, at the stage your plants are in they need NPK and micronutrients. The crispy leaf tips look like burn from the nutes (or your lights are too close). You should be just fine with Grow Big, Big Bloom and later Tiger bloom, and a source of micros. There is absolutely no need to throw a dozen different chemical nutes at the plant, many are just different dosages of NPK, which all add up (to potential burn). Also, you're going to have to do a couple flushes (3x the volume of the pot with fresh water). FF nutes are mostly synthetic, there will be a buildup of the salt chelates, which will cause lockouts (the beginings of which you may be seeing). Keep it simple, don't drink the "more is better" kool aid.

tellin you now, there is absolutely zero reason to be adding nutes to that plant. Ocean forest has enough nutes to get you almost thru the entire grow, IF WATERED CORRECTLY.

those 3gallon fabs? 1 solo cup of soil = enough to feed for 2 weeks if watered correctly. so, you have 44 weeks worth of nutes in that pot. I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but its true. 3 gallon pot holds 11 liters ( 22 solo cups )

the great thing about fabric pots, is you can water from the bottom, or better known as "butt Chugging". When you water from the top, especially in FFOF or like soils, your basically flushing ever time. Your literally washing the nutes at the top, and those nutes go thru your entire pot to the bottom. So, in essence, your Over feeding by time your water gets to the bottom.

Make sense?

If you bottom water, the LIQUID wix up, and moisten the soil, moistens the nutes and roots. BUT, your not literally washing the top of the pot media. Your just adding moisture.

When i look at your tent, i can tell you right off the bat, your watering wrong, you have no drip catch tray, no ventilation UNDER the pot to Air prune correctly.

tellin you now, there is absolutely zero reason to be adding nutes to that plant. Ocean forest has enough nutes to get you almost thru the entire grow, IF WATERED CORRECTLY.

those 3gallon fabs? 1 solo cup of soil = enough to feed for 2 weeks if watered correctly. so, you have 44 weeks worth of nutes in that pot. I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but its true. 3 gallon pot holds 11 liters ( 22 solo cups )

the great thing about fabric pots, is you can water from the bottom, or better known as "butt Chugging". When you water from the top, especially in FFOF or like soils, your basically flushing ever time. Your literally washing the nutes at the top, and those nutes go thru your entire pot to the bottom. So, in essence, your Over feeding by time your water gets to the bottom.

Make sense?

If you bottom water, the LIQUID wix up, and moisten the soil, moistens the nutes and roots. BUT, your not literally washing the top of the pot media. Your just adding moisture.

When i look at your tent, i can tell you right off the bat, your watering wrong, you have no drip catch tray, no ventilation UNDER the pot to Air prune correctly.
I disagree about the FFOF, it's really not that hot of a soil, the nutes in it will last 2 weeks, 4 if you push it a little. I've used FFOF for many years and plant seedlings directly into it, never had an issue, but after a month it runs out of nutes. I do agree wholeheartedly that you need catch pans, and the pots need to raised up in the pans so the roots don't sit in stagnant water, just throw a couple pieces of 2x4 under the pots.

and the pots need to raised up in the pans so the roots don't sit in stagnant water, just throw a couple pieces of 2x4 under the pots.
I agree with the pots also i had a problem with a plant it was sitting on a weight and the water was getting trapped my leaves went discoloured on edges of fan leaves then browned once i placed on something else it stopped going discoloured here's a pic there is 20 days between photos im lucky i never got root rot if there not raised OP should smell pots when he feeds check for root rot
IMG_20230528_195727 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230508_191642 - Copy.jpg

I disagree about the FFOF, it's really not that hot of a soil, the nutes in it will last 2 weeks, 4 if you push it a little. I've used FFOF for many years and plant seedlings directly into it, never had an issue, but after a month it runs out of nutes. I do agree wholeheartedly that you need catch pans, and the pots need to raised up in the pans so the roots don't sit in stagnant water, just throw a couple pieces of 2x4 under the pots.
absolutely, if you top water, yes, it will run out much faster.

The problem with FFOF is inconsistency. We had a lot of problems a couple of years ago on a sister forum with people experiencing problems all of a sudden.

They started adding a lot of inerts like wood chips and bark all of a sudden, stuff you don't want to see. They seem to change their formula from time to time.

The problem with FFOF is inconsistency. We had a lot of problems a couple of years ago on a sister forum with people experiencing problems all of a sudden.

They started adding a lot of inerts like wood chips and bark all of a sudden, stuff you don't want to see. They seem to change their formula from time to time.
The original FF plant is about 4 hours hours away from me. I use it because it's great soil and I get it "dirt cheap" (LOL). I have heard that some of the satellite plants have had issues and do change their formulas because they can't get all the forest components that they get in Humboldt Co. But I've never had any issues with the stuff from HumboCo.

I think it's nute burn caused by to much drybacks. It seems to be a common theme on here. Overfeeding and letting the pots dry out to much between waterings.
Or possibly not enough water used during fertigation.

FF Happy Frog is NPK 0.30 - 0.30 - 0.05. I think similar to Ocean Forest.

Back
Top Bottom