When is it time to harvest?

Hobopr0

these have been in 12/12 for about 2 months now and im not sure what strain this is (bag seed)...can someone take a look and provide feedback pls? harvest time soon im assuming since the pistils colors are apprx 50/50 brown/white. also dont have magnifying glass so used my phone for these pics. was going to feed them tmrw morning but should i start flushing?? :Namaste:

20160328_134609.jpg
20160328_134345.jpg
20160328_134248.jpg

1st off I would invest the 13 to 16 bucks and buy a pocket microscope so you can get a good look at the trichomes which is the best way to tell when to harvest. The next thing I would say is.. what kind of high are you looking for? Do you want a more euphoric high or are you looking for more of a couch lock? There are articles in the FAQ section that cover what percentage of amber trichomes will get you what kind of high. Personally I like around 5 to 10% Amber trichomes before I chop but that is my personal preference. My brother on the other hand prefers a more stoney couch lock high so he lets his turn 30 to 40% amber before he chops. It really is a personal preference kind of thing.

If you are only going to go by the pistols, then I would suggest that you let them turn 80% brown before you chop but again like I said early, that is my personal preference.

1st off I would invest the 13 to 16 bucks and buy a pocket microscope so you can get a good look at the trichomes which is the best way to tell when to harvest. The next thing I would say is.. what kind of high are you looking for? Do you want a more euphoric high or are you looking for more of a couch lock? There are articles in the FAQ section that cover what percentage of amber trichomes will get you what kind of high. Personally I like around 5 to 10% Amber trichomes before I chop but that is my personal preference. My brother on the other hand prefers a more stoney couch lock high so he lets his turn 30 to 40% amber before he chops. It really is a personal preference kind of thing.

If you are only going to go by the pistols, then I would suggest that you let them turn 80% brown before you chop but again like I said early, that is my personal preference.

thank u sir...yeah been reading up on this as well. in your opinion, apprx how much longer should i expect? couple weeks or another month or so? i just dont know how i should be timing this as ive read that if i wait too long, then i lose potency? thoughts?

thank u sir...yeah been reading up on this as well. in your opinion, apprx how much longer should i expect? couple weeks or another month or so? i just dont know how i should be timing this as ive read that if i wait too long, then i lose potency? thoughts?

A lot depends on the strain. If it's an Indica it could be a few weeks, if it's a Sativa maybe a month. Since it's bagseed you'll never know. Spend the couple of bucks like OlderGrower said and you'll know for sure. The pistols are a good indication, but you really want to look at the resin glands or trichomes.

While you're buying the scope, get yourself some known seeds, you've got a nice plant, nothing better than knowing the strain you're growing. Good luck.

A lot depends on the strain. If it's an Indica it could be a few weeks, if it's a Sativa maybe a month. Since it's bagseed you'll never know. Spend the couple of bucks like OlderGrower said and you'll know for sure. The pistols are a good indication, but you really want to look at the resin glands or trichomes.

While you're buying the scope, get yourself some known seeds, you've got a nice plant, nothing better than knowing the strain you're growing. Good luck.

thanks for the encouragement....yes for sure at some point im sure to get the scope, along with some seeds, lights/hood/therm/etc. i really had no intention on growing until these seeds sprouted and kicked open the doors on this new hobby. u should check out my journal and see how all this friggin started!. baking tins and all....heh..

thanks for the encouragement....yes for sure at some point im sure to get the scope, along with some seeds, lights/hood/therm/etc. i really had no intention on growing until these seeds sprouted and kicked open the doors on this new hobby. u should check out my journal and see how all this friggin started!. baking tins and all....heh..

For me it was some bag seeds thrown on a compost pile. Then they sprouted and i was like, oh shit what to do know. ;)

That was a couple years back, enjoy the journey. :thumb:

Don't feel bad man I having the same problem because I don't know what strain she is..it's bag seed..it can take awhile all depends on how your growing and what your useing..IM almost to 11 weeks but it's getting close
20160329_030301.jpg
20160329_025332.jpg
20160329_024906.jpg
20160329_025059.jpg
20160329_024540.jpg

Don't feel bad man I having the same problem because I don't know what strain she is..it's bag seed..it can take awhile all depends on how your growing and what your useing..IM almost to 11 weeks but it's getting close
20160329_030301.jpg
20160329_025332.jpg
20160329_024906.jpg
20160329_025059.jpg
20160329_024540.jpg

yo your plants look great! wish mine looked like your's....mine look like shit and i screwed up somewhere cause i got a ton of seeds now...think they hermied and i didnt notice. gonna post it on the journal soon...

Don't fret over seeds. If you like the smoke, you can use your best seeds to keep the strain going.

Next time, watch for and isolate the balls! Even if you're not going to breed them, male plants make decent edibles. Don't just toss them in the garbage.

Don't fret over seeds. If you like the smoke, you can use your best seeds to keep the strain going.

Next time, watch for and isolate the balls! Even if you're not going to breed them, male plants make decent edibles. Don't just toss them in the garbage.

yeah i actually started w/5 plants...2 ended up showing male so i wacked those (no room) and made cannaoil using coconut oil mainly to see what the process and taste was like. check out my other thread on this...
New to edibles and about to decarb for the first time

i quite enjoyed it and cant wait to make using the fully flowered plants!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom