When, or how, do I begin LST?

EDIT: Er... Never mind ;).

So this info is really late and you have a lot of answers here BUT I wanted to share this thread in case you want to train next grow or for ideas down the road for this one.

Hey @bobj, I like to just let my plants do their natural thing... no LST for me. The most radical thing I might do is top a plant once, to help it bush out, but I normally don't even do that. I also do some pruning while they are in flower.

Here are a few more screens shots of the plant I was telling you about. Maybe it can help you kinda gage how resilient the plant really are. These plants are topped and trained.

Screenshot_20220713-184522_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-184714_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-184834_Chrome.jpg
Just a tip, keep an eye on that zip tie, I did something similar once when I performed LST on a plant (with string), I forgot about the string, and one day, a few weeks later, I noticed that a branch was drooping, like lack of water. I then saw that the plant had grown so much the string was cutting off the circulation to the branch.

Here's some pics of my latest grow and the LST. Pretty easy to do, top once at about the 4th or 5th node. I simply pinch off the growth tip when it's still very small, so minimal auxin disruption. The day before topping:
IMG_0046.jpg

A few days after topping:
IMG_0019 (1).jpg

About 14 days after topping, with LST:

IMG_0061.jpg

I recently strung a wire fence and and some top wire left over and made these, you can adjust the length to suit your container:
IMG_0062.jpg

Back
Top Bottom