When to flip outdoors: advice please

I actually don't know, so ignored the second set of numbers. ;)

I'd say that's way too high in nitrogen.

It turns out cannabis plants use a lot less phosphorus than the nute sellers are selling us on.

This is a pdf with plant analysis charts and graphs (with full detailed lab analysis) done on the macro and micronutrients found in three different strains of cannabis plant during veg and flower. It goes along with two videos that @farside05 posted on page 1 of his journal, where the information is explained.

The strains and analysis are from 2003, but I don't think we have modified the plant in the last 17 years to the extent that the nutrient results would vary that greatly today. Here are screenshots of the first three graphs:

white rhino plant analysis.JPG

hash bud plant analysis.JPG

berlin plant analysis.JPG

What is most interesting, besides the continued need for nitrogen in flower, is how little phosphorus the plants are using compared to nitrogen and potassium.

Isn't that just showing that there is a much greater amount of N and K accumulated in the plants being sampled than there is of P? I keep reading that cannabis is a great accumulator, that it can even remove some heavy metals from the soil. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, and a plant accumulates a relatively high amount of Pb from lead-contaminated soil... then an analysis that showed this wouldn't say anything about whether that plant was using a lot of lead.

If you're using a lot of calories, lol, the meals you eat don't accumulate. If you don't, but you keep eating the same amounts, you tend to get fat. I don't know if this translates to the plant kingdom. Come to think of it... Fat Buds Я Good?

Isn't that just showing that there is a much greater amount of N and K accumulated in the plants being sampled than there is of P? I keep reading that cannabis is a great accumulator, that it can even remove some heavy metals from the soil. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, and a plant accumulates a relatively high amount of Pb from lead-contaminated soil... then an analysis that showed this wouldn't say anything about whether that plant was using a lot of lead.

If you're using a lot of calories, lol, the meals you eat don't accumulate. If you don't, but you keep eating the same amounts, you tend to get fat. I don't know if this translates to the plant kingdom. Come to think of it... Fat Buds Я Good?

The theory behind the tissue samples is to sample the newest growth. That should capture the results of not only what is being supplied via fertilizer, but also any mobile elements that are being translocated to support that new growth.

What’s the difference between W/V and W/W?
Pretty sure that the difference is how the ratio is calculated, by Weight or by Volume. I'm not sure if this information is of any real use to us though.
It turns out cannabis plants use a lot less phosphorus than the nute sellers are selling us on.
I am considering a change to GH nutrients, just for flowering. For years I've been using high concentration NPK during vegitative growth with excellent results, then 1:winkyface:1 during flower. It is regarded as taboo, likely propagated by the industry to promote sales, but also growers need to use it properly or you will certainly cause damage. I've always given pretty healthy doses of (N) during flowering, but in gradually deminishing proportion as harvest approaches.

@InTheShed Interesting charts. Sifting out speculation and commercial propaganda can be difficult when there is little real data. A lot of data is proprietary as it is developing out of a new industry.

@Trustyrusty Keep your plants in the shade for a couple days after transplanting. Perhaps you are :thumb:

What's the theory behind it?
Transplanting any time can cause a bit of root shock, just damage to the tiny root hairs. It's a stress to the plant that can sometimes cause poor water uptake for a short period. Putting the plant in direct hot sun runs the top of the plant at full capacity while the roots may be compromised. Plants in general do not transplant well during flowering. Keeping them in the shade for a couple days, like under a big shade tree or behind some screening is insurance and gives the roots time to recover.

@Trustyrusty Keep your plants in the shade for a couple days after transplanting. Perhaps you are :thumb:
They transplanted so well using the inverted pot method recommended that I just kept them in semi-shade for one day. But your advice is gold standard for repotting plants.
Girls are looking great after a few days but shock could still set in. Think they’ll be okay though. 10 litres of of half strength nutrients each so they might not need re-watering for a week! Nice and warm and sunny here so hopefully photos of thriving plants posted in a few days.
Thanks everyone for the helpful advice and encouragement.

Two weeks later and I couldn’t be happier, thanks to the good advice I’ve received here. More interest than concern is with the strange pimples on the leaves on one of the plants (2nd & 3rd photos). Sorry for the poorly focused photos - I’m using my phone.

And they are both a bit dark green I think - so I’m taking it easy on the fertiliser, especially nitrogen.

Any comments or advice very welcome - I’ll be asking when to harvest in coming weeks I suppose.

Thankfully Skippy is sticking with his normal grass.

50686992-8E11-406F-A0DE-D292527FCB68.jpeg
612CD302-E1C8-4B6C-8D3A-09DF286D45A3.jpeg
BB3AFCB2-A8C7-4F42-B518-676615DDE77A.jpeg
08853F64-A2A1-415D-9C0C-F84106AAC705.jpeg
A66C12AF-FFAC-4800-9209-21C0C6EC0772.jpeg
01BA7199-8FED-4918-827E-3CF506E0D016.jpeg
B33A7A69-029A-4118-905B-F0D45D13E004.jpeg

The up-potting didn't seem to slow them down at all. Well into flower and growing nicely. While it is true that your plants will be using less nitrogen then when in veg, they still need a fair amount during flower, depending on their size Back off to far and they will start to slow growth and show a deficiency. All looking good there Trustyrusty. By the way , the pimples you are referring to are trichomes starting to form so all is as should be. :Rasta:

Two weeks later and I couldn’t be happier, thanks to the good advice I’ve received here. More interest than concern is with the strange pimples on the leaves on one of the plants (2nd & 3rd photos). Sorry for the poorly focused photos - I’m using my phone.

And they are both a bit dark green I think - so I’m taking it easy on the fertiliser, especially nitrogen.

Any comments or advice very welcome - I’ll be asking when to harvest in coming weeks I suppose.

Thankfully Skippy is sticking with his normal grass.

50686992-8E11-406F-A0DE-D292527FCB68.jpeg
612CD302-E1C8-4B6C-8D3A-09DF286D45A3.jpeg
BB3AFCB2-A8C7-4F42-B518-676615DDE77A.jpeg
08853F64-A2A1-415D-9C0C-F84106AAC705.jpeg
A66C12AF-FFAC-4800-9209-21C0C6EC0772.jpeg
01BA7199-8FED-4918-827E-3CF506E0D016.jpeg
B33A7A69-029A-4118-905B-F0D45D13E004.jpeg
Beautiful girls my friend. :thumb: Love the roo. Hehe

The up-potting didn't seem to slow them down at all. Well into flower and growing nicely. While it is true that your plants will be using less nitrogen then when in veg, they still need a fair amount during flower, depending on their size Back off to far and they will start to slow growth and show a deficiency. All looking good there Trustyrusty. By the way , the pimples you are referring to are trichomes starting to form so all is as should be. :Rasta:
Ok, I will keep the nitrogen coming.

So pimples = trichomes = good....excellent news!:yummy:

Looking better by the day...

Sorry, may be same photos. Anyway, harvest will probably be within a week I‘m guessing.

5731DD37-3107-4742-8687-35F57B9C5E71.jpeg
63D84E1C-ADF0-475B-A231-FDC81492B575.jpeg
010D9378-70A0-42C2-993A-05803AEA7ED0.jpeg
Ahhh, you've reached the hard part. Trying to stop yourself from harvesting too early. Yeah, we all go through it.
I hate the wait too. I've been checking my Peyote Wi Fi every 3 days for the past 2 weeks hoping she's ready. It's an 8 week flower strain & I'm on day 49 so I'm close. Still have a small amount of clear Trichs though so give her another week.

Ok guys, I hear what you say. Yes I’ve been looking through a jewellers loop and trichomes are all still crystal clear. I won’t mind a couple of weeks delay - more time for growth.

Will post a few more photos tomorrow, girls have advanced a bit from photos above (taken 5 days ago)

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. First time grower here

Back
Top Bottom