Which seedbank has the best Jack Herer?

Try using the search function on Sensi Seeds' main website and typing "Jack Herer" into the box. You'll see a number of articles about the man, but there are some about the strain, too, with more information than the strain's item sales page has.

I loved Nevil's Haze - for years - before I stupidly lost mine. RiP, Nevil Martin Schoenmakers (February 2, 1956 - March 30, 2019). Thanks for your contributions to the cannabis world. You will be missed. . . .

Thanks TorturedSoul. Here's a good one Cannabis strain focus: Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds

No I haven't run them yet....I have a full plate right now! Gonna probably wait a few months. I have about 20 different strains going right now.
Is that all? :)

Well hopefully I’ll get a couple different phenos out of these seeds and let you know my initial reaction once they get going. I grabbed the 3 pack fem and was excited to get these going, but in reading this thread I saw a comment that they lost original genetic stock which I didn’t know...has me concerned it won’t be the Jack I was hoping for, but time will tell.

Here's another one that may be more helpful, as it goes into more depth about the four phenotypes:
Sensi Seeds said:
Phenotypes
The most obvious distinction between Jack Herer’s phenotypes is whether their growth pattern is influenced more by Indica or by Sativa.
Beyond this, individual Jack Herer plants can be grouped into four main phenotypes. For easy reference, we’ll call them A, B, C and D. Each of the phenotypes displays highly desirable traits.

Phenotype-A (a personal favourite) displays strong Sativa characteristics in its growth and a sublime mix of running Sativa and fat-calyxed Skunk in its bud formation.

The buds of pheno-A take the form of long strings of inflated, highly resinous calyxes, very much like the Jack Herer pictured in the Sensi catalogue.
The strings of calyxes wrap around each other, snaking upwards, usually covering the top 50% of stem and branches by the end of flowering. Buds have a chunky, irregular form, with top colas ending in multi-crowned peaks.

Measure for measure, this is arguably the most potent of Jack Herer’s phenotypes, imparting an extremely powerful stone and high with immediate effect. The thick resin coating often gives it a sharp, almost menthol flavour.
If potency is the main aim, growers should select this phenotype, which can be reliably identified by its oversized calyxes.

Pheno-A requires the full 70 days to finish and can multiply its height by a factor of five or more – so it should be flowered very small (10-15cm), unless a large plant is desired.
Indoors, this pheno produces limited outward branching and can be a very efficient producer at a final height of 80-180cm.

Phenotype-B is the most Indica-influenced. It is very compact when compared to other Jack Herer phenotypes, though significantly taller than a pure Indica.
It adds about 100-200% to its vegetated height in flowering and finishes in under 60 days.

Growers who have a particular interest in speed, weight and compact growth pattern should select Jack Herer’s pheno-B as a mother.

Buds mainly cluster around nodes, but ‘run’ enough to cover a large portion of the (shorter) stem and branches. Flower formation is dense and regular, forming angular knots with blunt peaks.
Upper branches often combine with the main stem to forma large central cola. Calyxes are large, but not oversized, pistils are relatively short;.
Indoors, this pheno produces most efficiently at a height of 50-100cm.

Pheno-B has a strong Indica effect, which may be the first noticeable result of consumption , but it does not overpower the cerebral Sativa effect which should creep up soon afterwards.

Pheno-B usually has a distinct aroma – citrus-sweet with piney undertones.

Phenotype-C is also heavily Sativa-influenced, and some growers might consider it to be the same as pheno-A, with which it shares many growing characteristics such as flowering time (70 days) and height gain (300%+ of vegetated height).

There are a few differences that allow C to be considered a separate phenotype. It produces swollen calyxes, but they are significantly smaller than those of pheno-A.
These calyxes also grow in strings –outwards as well as upwards – and produce long pairs of pistils, which give the buds of pheno-C a spiky appearance.

The budding pattern of pheno-C has plenty of Sativa ‘run’ to it, and the fact that the buds also develop outwards means that C will generally produce the largest buds the four phenotypes. This extra size may not greatly increase the overall yield, as these flower clusters are a little less dense than the others.

All in all, pheno-C most resembles NL#5xHaze in formation, flavour and effect. It has voluminous, fuzzy buds with a sparkling coat of resin, a delicate aroma that’s spicy-sweet, acerbic yet almost creamy, and the most energetic ‘up’ high of Jack Herer’s variations.

Phenotype-D (another personal favourite) might be regarded by commercial growers as the least desirable in terms of its growth pattern. Like an Indica it produces dense knots of bud of at each node and like a Sativa it gains quite a lot of height during flowering. This often results in gaps between nodes below the top colas.

The main advantage of this phenotype is that it produces truly spectacular amounts of resin – enough to give the buds an obvious silver colouring after the mid-point of flowering. In terms of weight of bud/plant matter vs weight of resin (as extracted with the water-hash method), examples of pheno-D are some of the most resinous plants we’ve ever seen.

Despite its lower yield, many growers will choose to reserve a corner of their space for the growing of Jack Herer’s pheno-D purely for its resin content.

Pheno-D tends to produce very limited branching and clones can be grown close together without interfering with each other. Indoors, it is most efficient when kept to a size of 30-80cm. Flowering time is comparatively fast – usually 60 days or less.

Jack Herer’s phenotype-D has a sharp, rich flavour, similar to fresh hashish. It’s generally the pheno with the most obvious physical ‘stone’ effect.

Is that all? :)

Well hopefully I’ll get a couple different phenos out of these seeds and let you know my initial reaction once they get going. I grabbed the 3 pack fem and was excited to get these going, but in reading this thread I saw a comment that they lost original genetic stock which I didn’t know...has me concerned it won’t be the Jack I was hoping for, but time will tell.

So... do you mean Sensi Seeds lost the Jack Herer genetic stock? Where was that mentioned?

So... do you mean Sensi Seeds lost the Jack Herer genetic stock? Where was that mentioned?
Short answer: I don’t know if this is factual or not, only came across it during my historical reading on the site earlier today. But, I recently learned that DJ Short lost genetic stock after someone said DJ Shorts Blueberry is bullshit. Having smoked some incredible
DJ Short Blueberry in my day, my initial reaction to that comment was I couldn’t even wrap my head around the comment and thought WTF is this person smoking (maybe too much blueberry), but then to my surprise I learned they had actually lost genetics. So that being said... if it could happen to him, perhaps it could happen to Sensi too (they’re a sponsor, perhaps the care to chime in and set the record striaght). Take all this with a grain of salt, I didn’t write that original comment t and until I smoke the harvest from these seeds I can’t tell you how good or lacking it is. Some of the best weed (top 5 I’ve ever smoked) was original Jack Herer from Cannabis Cup winners, so I definitely have a good baseline for what this strain can be.

On this thread at 420 mag:
This comment was posted:
Sounds nice... Jack Herer went down the road though, sice Sensi lost its original parent plants... aka C5 x Skunk/HazeC by Nevil.

I got two different expressions from Seedsman seeds and both yielded excellent smoke even as finicky as they were.

The fast flowering one has just started curing, but already gets me high beautifully. It’s a great trip down the memory lane too as I smoked quite a bit of JH in the 90’s.

All in all they used legit genetics for this feminised line and if Sensi lost the original parents that’s as good alternative as it gets imo.

It appears they have risen...and on Easter.
0D42091B-F30F-4CD6-8F33-E296D5CF70E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom