White growbox in flowering

Canachris

Hello all, I recently flipped my growbox walls from the silver foil side to the white side (I'll post pics) it makes for a very white Interior. my lights are 2 4000k 100 watt quantum boards and 1 100 watt R spec quantum board not sure the K on that 1. Is this going to hinder her flowering being under such high a K value. I know when I was using HPS lights they were only 27 K and my CFL lights for flowering were 27 K. I tell ya if it ain't one thing it's another

20221212_062105.jpg

20230105_054749.jpg

I recently flipped my growbox walls from the silver foil side to the white side (I'll post pics) it makes for a very white Interior.
I have seen many comments over the years that recommend using white paint on the walls for better light rather than using foil.

If it is true then I think that the more light that is reflected back on the plant is better. The plant can use it for increased photosynthesis which can mean a stronger plant which can support healthier flowers, bigger flowers, or more flowers and maybe all three.

Be interesting to see what the others have to say about the white.

I'm not an indoor grower, but I'd guess the foil reflects more light. But a more important question in this case, I think, is how far away the walls are from the plant. These walls are very close, so light from above isn't going to bounce off the walls low down, as much as it would if the walls were farther from the plant. If the walls are gonna stay in this configuration, perhaps try lollipopping.

That was my original thinking, and in veg it worked out great. Now that she's in flower is too white of a box a problem. I was under the impression that in flower they like more of a reddish light, like a 2700 K . but I'm old school and not up to date with all the new fangled LED lights an all. My LED's are 4000 K. i dunno

I have seen many comments over the years that recommend using white paint on the walls for better light rather than using foil.

Correct, flat white reflects more than foil.

Also flat white reflects more than gloss white. Gloss paint has oils in it and although it appears more reflective it has 'hot spots' and the reflection is not distributed as evenly as flat white.

Similarly foil also has hot spots.

j

Back
Top Bottom