Growing Hermie

Canachris

OK... my seeds are from old bag seed that I planted 5 year s ago that hermied. I know most don't like growing from Hermie seed. but I've done over a dozen of em and if your careful it's not a prob. I'm growing in 10 gal container with coast of Maine potting soil. For lights I have 1 HLG 100 R spec Quantum board. I have a homemade growbox made from pollyshield. For nutes I will start adding roots organic terp tea dry to the soil .

I'm starting this journal at week 6. it's been a tough start. I. have to do this on the cheep so the plant has to deal with temps that may be too cold for her liking.it took a week to get a seed to sprout and another 2 before she took off an actually grew. I'll post pics from the start and get y'all caught up. this pis is 3weeks after sprouting

IMG_20220205_102434439_HDR.jpg

here she is week 3-5. she really started to take off. I've topped her and there are 6 branches. I started tieing her down and she split at the top two branches, hasn't affected her at all. week four she got her first taste of terp tea, I worked in 5 tbs then watered. it made her very happy.

IMG_20220313_084145558_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220313_084138599_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220313_084131127.jpg

IMG_20220308_073437268.jpg

March 15th, my last three grows started going south at this point in the grow.i was wracking my brain to figure it out,I was certain it was all weather related... too hot, too cold, too humid, too dry. this grow started February 1, she has had to deal with temps in the low 50s overnight with no complaints. the only difference is instead of following mfg suggest hight of 18" above the canopy. this grow i lowered it to 14". the past 3 grows at wewks 5-6 they started yellowing, like a lack of nitrogen or not enough sun. in the past I grew under 250 MH veggin and 400HPS. flowering so I was always cautious not have the lights too close,we all know how hot they get and it's not hard to cook ur plants. so far things looking really good, knock on wood. today's pic

IMG_20220315_073804044.jpg

IMG_20220315_073747411.jpg

three days of 12/12 lots of preflowers, she hasn't started to stretch yet. I can't really smell her? usually they get stinky by week four veg, could be I'm nose blind. she looked happy this morning . I've been messin with my camera but I can't get photos that show her real color they are either too yellow or too blue. here's today's pic

IMG_20220316_053746191.jpg

IMG_20220316_053818812.jpg

having spent summers as a kid on my grandparents farm and growing a backyard garden in my twenties I got the mindset that more fertilizer was better. when I grew cannabis in amongst my tomato's they got heavy a dose of 10/10/10 along with sea kelp tea and miracle grow. so being an old dog new tricks haff to be beaten into me. this grow has been weak soil weak nutes. after six weeks she's one of the healthiest plants I've grown . I haven't started any flowering nutes yet and because she's my only plant this grow i really need her to produce at least six ounces. my last girl got all organic newtz and the difference in taste was so much better than with the high powered fox farms I usually use. the trade off was weight, instead of monster buds I got average buds. there is no money in the budget for nutes. I have plenty of the general organics bio thrive bloom 2/4/4 and some key to kelp plant food supplement 1/0/13 that used on my last grow. I've been growing indoors now for over ten years and I feel like I have no clue as to what I'm doing. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have started using some of the fertilizers from the Roots Organic line of products.

Which of the Terp Tea blends are you planning on top dressing with?
I have a 9lb bag of roots organics terp tea grow 7-1-1. when I purchased it last year they only had 9 lb bags of the grow and bloom. I wasn't sure how it would be so I got just the grow, so far I really like it. two weeks ago I top dressed my ten gallon container with 5tbs and raked it into the loose top soil before watering. my understanding is that it takes a week-10 days to be available to the plant. trying to avoid making the same mistakes over an over.in the past I think I was too heavy handed with the nutes. I'm thinking less nutes is better, an if she looks like she need more that's an easy fix. so far I'm really liking it. I've been growing indoors for over ten years now and my last grow was all organic newts and even tho the buds were smaller the difference in taste was amazing.

I wasn't sure how it would be so I got just the grow, so far I really like it. two weeks ago I top dressed my ten gallon container with 5tbs and raked it into the loose top soil before watering.
I have started to experiment with some of the Roots Organic line, the dry powder and the liquid types, and like you I have been happy so far.

three days of 12/12 lots of preflowers, she hasn't started to stretch yet. I can't really smell her? usually they get stinky by week four veg, could be I'm nose blind. she looked happy this morning . I've been messin with my camera but I can't get photos that show her real color they are either too yellow or too blue. here's today's pic

IMG_20220316_053746191.jpg

IMG_20220316_053818812.jpg
To get true colour reduce exposure by 0.3-0.7 stops or more (looks like you're using F8-11) and use a fill-in flash at -0.3/7 compensation
For auto exposure, zoom in on a mid-range shade (18% grey is ideal) and use exposure lock - colours will render perfectly
If you can get techie, use the Custom setting in Auto White Balance options to tell the camera what to re-interpret as white
Nice looking plant :cool:

Back
Top Bottom