Growing Hermie

To get true colour reduce exposure by 0.3-0.7 stops or more (looks like you're using F8-11) and use a fill-in flash at -0.3/7 compensation
For auto exposure, zoom in on a mid-range shade (18% grey is ideal) and use exposure lock - colours will render perfectly
If you can get techie, use the Custom setting in Auto White Balance options to tell the camera what to re-interpret as white
Nice looking plant :cool:
I'm taking these pics with my crappy Motorola smaaat phone. so not sure how much control the exposure.

she look a lil droopy this morning, not sure if she's just cold or thirsty. for the last few years I've lost the ability to sit on a 5gal bucket and lift the 10 gal container to check her weight. I know the top 4" are dry and when I poke a bamboo skewer into the depths the bottom 4" seem very wet, I last watered a week ago. the past few years I've been guilty of over watering.

if she's still droopy by the time I get back home I guess I'll water. thinking I'll start her on some flowering nutes today to

IMG_20220317_061316537.jpg

OK... my seeds are from old bag seed that I planted 5 year s ago that hermied. I know most don't like growing from Hermie seed. but I've done over a dozen of em and if your careful it's not a prob. I'm growing in 10 gal container with coast of Maine potting soil. For lights I have 1 HLG 100 R spec Quantum board. I have a homemade growbox made from pollyshield. For nutes I will start adding roots organic terp tea dry to the soil .
Cool ! I've been looking for someone who uses Coast of Maine so I can see how that soil does. Looking forward to the grow.

so far I see no difference thru 6weeks than when I use FF ocean forest. I got the cheapest bag it was only 12 something a bag. I didn't have all the good stuff like the 30$ bag
I see. I thought it was a Super Soil. I'm getting ready to try SoHum for the first time so trying to learn more about organic soil & how to feed it. The bag says just add water. But I see growers adding other stuff. Got me ? I've always grown in FFOF with Mega Crop for the most part.

I see. I thought it was a Super Soil. I'm getting ready to try SoHum for the first time so trying to learn more about organic soil & how to feed it. The bag says just add water. But I see growers adding other stuff. Got me ? I've always grown in FFOF with Mega Crop for the most part.
C O M have a variety of choices, I went with the bar harbor blend. my only reasoning was price, if I had more cash at the time I prolly would have just got F F O F. because I never had any issues with it... but so far this shite seems ok, aside from too many twigs an crap

120852_p01_1.jpg

from the start I've been adding hot water to warm my watering water, my cold from the tap is like it came from the fridge. my hot water heater is on the way out an the water is a bit rusty(my assmunch landlord won't replace it till it breaks) I don't think the rust is doing any harm. any thoughts on rusty water
Rusty Water must mean steel pipe so I'm guessing it would increase the iron content in the water. I'm really not sure if it could do any harm. When you consider people use Well Water,... I'd think rusty water wouldn't effect much.

Rusty Water must mean steel pipe so I'm guessing it would increase the iron content in the water. I'm really not sure if it could do any harm. When you consider people use Well Water,... I'd think rusty water wouldn't effect much.
the pipes are all copper, the cheep water heater has a metal tank ,they have a sacrificial zink that is supposed to rot before the electrolysis eats the steel tank. I've seen people use a iron nipple to connect to the tank, and I checked mine and it's a brass nipple

started watering the first 1.25 liter pissed right thru, so she must have been quiet dry I waited 15 minutes and the next 1.25 didn't flow thru. I added the cal-mag some of the leaves are developing tiger stripes . I also started a little H S T and bent an weighted them I have four branches who want be taller than the test

IMG_20220318_055109192.jpg

IMG_20220318_054809062.jpg

the pipes are all copper, the cheep water heater has a metal tank ,they have a sacrificial zink that is supposed to rot before the electrolysis eats the steel tank. I've seen people use a iron nipple to connect to the tank, and I checked mine and it's a brass nipple
Do you only get rust with Hot water or both Hot & Cold ? If it's the Hot Water Tank I would think the Cold Water would be fine after it ran a few minutes to clear the rust out of the pipes left from when you used the Hot Water. I've never seen rust come from copper pipes. It usually just gets something like a calcium build up.

started watering the first 1.25 liter pissed right thru, so she must have been quiet dry I waited 15 minutes and the next 1.25 didn't flow thru. I added the cal-mag some of the leaves are developing tiger stripes . I also started a little H S T and bent an weighted them I have four branches who want be taller than the test

IMG_20220318_055109192.jpg

IMG_20220318_054809062.jpg
Looks good. How old are they now?

Do you only get rust with Hot water or both Hot & Cold ? If it's the Hot Water Tank I would think the Cold Water would be fine after it ran a few minutes to clear the rust out of the pipes left from when you used the Hot Water. I've never seen rust come from copper pipes. It usually just gets something like a calcium build up.
yeah the cold is crystal clear just very cold. the hot is not that rusty if its in a clear glass it hard to detect but in a white bowl you can see it

Back
Top Bottom