Growing Hermie

OK, so i can't get pics to upload. it was really cold over night and my oil tank is too low to run the heat an with home heating fuel over 5$a gallon my plant will have endure a few more cold nights. She looked really droopy this morning, hopefully some real sun will warm her up

OK...So I have to do it differently now

20220329_081008.jpg

She's been 12/12 for 17 days. Her buds seem a bit small, the bio thrive I've been feeding her is a bit on the week side 2-4-4. I've been wanting keep it all organic newts this grow. But I can't afford to get the terp tea bloom I've been wanting. My only other option is some F F open sesame/ beastie bloom and cha-ching. She's going to need water and nutes by the end of the week. Can I add the open sesame to the bio-thrive mix ? or should I mix a 1/2gal of each separately and feed her that way. I was also top dressing terp tea grow dry 7-1-1 and kelp powder1-0-13 is the terp tea too much nitrogen at this point in the grow? also I've stopped declorinating my tap water, my water comes from the quabin resivuare in western Massachusetts and it's treated with chlorimein with a PH of 6.9. My last 2 grows I was adding vitamin D to neutralize the chlorimein and ran into problems around week 2 flowering, they started to yellow. I never had issues with my water before and I'm not sure why I decided to declorinate my water. But this grow is going much better than my last couple have. Just trying to stay on trac

Was 16 degrees this morning, got down to 57 in my apt. My plant is not looking very happy.
A lot of outdoor plants spend the nights in temperatures that go down into the 30s. Not much to worry about.

Lower temperatures night and day usually means the plant will grow slower.

Think positive. Think spring with warmer temperatures on the way.;)

Trying to stay positive about this, but she's not looking good... she's been closed up in the grow box since 11 this morning at 80 degrees in the box but she hasn't bounced back like she usually does. If she didn't feel so heavy I'd consider watering her

20220329_160332.jpg

20220329_160305.jpg

She's been in the sun for 30 minutes. her container temp was 62 degrees, hopefully the sun will raise her temps a bit. still feels a bit to heavy to water.i can lift her but it's not that easy, by tomorrow she should be light enough. Buds are getting hairy. I'd like to keep her all organic newts but I think a swig of some open sesame will fatten up those tiny buds

20220330_081431.jpg

20220330_083839.jpg

20220330_082428.jpg

I have developed a bad habit of defoliating, I just trimmed off a big pile of leaves an small branches 10 days ago. and I'm getting itchy scissor fingers already. does opening up the interior of the plant to let in more light to the smaller branches make up for the effort she will make growing back what I cut off ? are those smaller branches worth trying get them to grow bigger or should I just cut off the lower small branches and let her put all her effort into the top third of the big branches... I've been growing cannabis since 1985 you would think I'd have this all figured out by now

20220330_083823.jpg

I have developed a bad habit of defoliating, I just trimmed off a big pile of leaves an small branches 10 days ago. and I'm getting itchy scissor fingers already. does opening up the interior of the plant to let in more light to the smaller branches make up for the effort she will make growing back what I cut off ? are those smaller branches worth trying get them to grow bigger or should I just cut off the lower small branches and let her put all her effort into the top third of the big branches... I've been growing cannabis since 1985 you would think I'd have this all figured out by now

20220330_083823.jpg
Hey Chris great garden my friend.
If you clean out under her skirt imo that's all you need.
Let her leaves be.
They absorb energy through those fans.
That energy goes to the nearest bud , regardless if the bud gets light or not.
Buds don't absorb light fans do.
Let the fans do there job and put away your clippers away :Namaste:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Chris great garden my friend.
If you clean out under her skirt imo that's all you need.
Let her leaves be.
That energy goes to the nearest bud , regardless if the bud gets sun or not.
Let the fans do there job and put away your clippers and leave the outdoor girls to do their thing. :Namaste:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill, I made a point not cut off all her big fans this go around just the ones that were growing to Interior

Let her leaves be.
That energy goes to the nearest bud , regardless if the bud gets light or not.
Let the fans do there job and put away your clippers away
This is the basics.

The way I see it, the plant switches over to the flowering stage because of the hormones. Once that stage starts the plants slows down and eventually stops producing more leaves so it will not replace the ones that we, as the growers, have cut off.

If the plants go through the stage where the remaining leaves start to turn yellow and fall off. This is a sort of natural defoliation but we have to remember that there will be no more new fan leaves to replace those. No more even though our plants might have 2 or 3 or 4 more weeks to go.

This is the basics.

The way I see it, the plant switches over to the flowering stage because of the hormones. Once that stage starts the plants slows down and eventually stops producing more leaves so it will not replace the ones that we, as the growers, have cut off.

If the plants go through the stage where the remaining leaves start to turn yellow and fall off. This is a sort of natural defoliation but we have to remember that there will be no more new fan leaves to replace those. No more even though our plants might have 2 or 3 or 4 more weeks to go.
I tried defol years ago and found it forced her to grow more leaves thus defeating the purpose of removing them in the first place.
Then they reach a point like you say once that hormone is in them it's bud time.
Then if you have defoled her you are feked.
I trim under her skirt and that's it.
Let those big fans do their job. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Then they reach a point like you say once that hormone is in them it's bud time.
Then if you have defoled her you are feked.
Almost like there are two different plants with their own needs and requirements.

Yes, before flowering anything that gets cut off will be replaced quickly. Once flowering starts cutting those leaves off can create problems.

I do have a theory on extreme defoliation at the 21st to 28th day into flowering and how the effect on bud size and quantity but I am still kicking it around in my head.

Back
Top Bottom