Growing Hermie

had to open the grow box up a bit and turn the lights sideways. still running the lights at 14"above the canopy, I think it has made a difference but not sure bout that. I'm pretty sure it hasn't done her any harm... having a fan blowing on her most of the day should help to beef up her skinny branches.

IMG_20220321_110150298_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220321_110916779_HDR.jpg

had to open the grow box up a bit and turn the lights sideways. still running the lights at 14"above the canopy, I think it has made a difference but not sure bout that. I'm pretty sure it hasn't done her any harm... having a fan blowing on her most of the day should help to beef up her skinny branches.

IMG_20220321_110150298_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220321_110916779_HDR.jpg
Hey Chris good morning, hope everything is going well.
Beautiful looking lady.:welldone:
Just a thought do you use potassium silicate, it's great for spindly branches.
Makes them hard.
Increases cell strength and overall health.
I used to give all 50 girls 1/2 ml per liter once a week.
Always had healthy strong girls.
Just 2 cents.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Makes them hard.
Soooo....just on the plants, right???? :rofl: :thedoubletake: :hmmmm:

Soooo....just on the plants, right???? :rofl: :thedoubletake: :hmmmm:
Once a week after feeding I'd wait an hour or so.
Then take a pre mixed batch of just water set to 5.8 ph with 1/2 a ml per L of potassium silicate.
And go around to all the rooms and give every plant a drink.
Just in the pot on top of the coco , soaking the top thoroughly.
Not necessarily to run off especially on smaller ones but a good dose for each.
I had 2 300L and a 100L tanks.
Plus various smaller ones.
So I had it mixed ahead of time.
It takes a while to bond properly.
Never mixed it with CM or nutrients because it can cause issues.
Does that help.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Chris good morning, hope everything is going well.
Beautiful looking lady.:welldone:
Makes them hard.
Just 2 cents.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill
thanks bill, no I don't have any potassium silicate... there is potassium hydroxide in the kelp I give her. probably not the same tho. i messed up, right from the start usually have fan on my plants but because of the cold i let her go six weeks without any wind

the cold nights are back and the girl doesn't like it. but the oil tank is low and at over 5$ a gallon the heat is shut off until November. it's not easy growing on a shoestring budget, but I've been doing it for a while now.
Hey Chris good morning I know it only a few weeks before weather stays decent...but I'm always trying to help others with they're issues so I did some research for ya on cheap mini warming sources for the night time and this is what I found..... Idk if this will help but worst comes to worst save the reciept and return that baby when it gets warm out lol

Screenshot_20220322-071748.png

Hey Chris good morning I know it only a few weeks before weather stays decent...but I'm always trying to help others with they're issues so I did some research for ya on cheap mini warming sources for the night time and this is what I found..... Idk if this will help but worst comes to worst save the reciept and return that baby when it gets warm out lol

Screenshot_20220322-071748.png
hey, hap... I have a small space heater but I can't afford to use it. I'm living on the edge my friend an it wouldn't take much for me to fall of into oblivion

Ok I got ya, sorry things are so tight....only a few more weeks for steady warm :) but as for the watering you seem to be on the same routine I am...feed..let dry dry...like really dry....then water...then dry dry dry... repeat.....seems to work really well

I live in a not so good "suburb" so I can't put the plants out as riffraff will take em....and amen to that the sun is my friend....even tho I have a slight sun allergy :laugh:

having a fan blowing on her most of the day should help to beef up her skinny branches.
It works but takes a long time.

Then take a pre mixed batch of just water set to 5.8 ph with 1/2 a ml per L of potassium silicate.
Bill's suggestion will work. I have not tried this and don't know how fast it works.

Other options include mixing some Diatomaceous Earth into the soil before transplanting into larger containers. It works and is quicker than using a fan.

Calcium works quickly. I had spindly plant that looks Sativa dominant. Kept telling myself that there was no way the plant would grow properly once I put it into the flowering tent. I applied a powdered Cal-Mag to the surface as a top dressing. Every time I watered a bit more dissolved and in 10-15 days it was time to top dress again. Within 7 days I could feel that the skinny branches were already feeling stronger when I tried to bend them.

The Roots Organic CalMag product you have will be a good start if you want to 'wait and see' before buying a powdered calcium. After using the liquid stuff for awhile I broke down and bought the powdered CalMag. No looking back now. Bonus is that Calcium helps with the plant's ability to use the Phosphorous and Potassium that it takes up.

Back
Top Bottom