White Widow Fem. Perpetual

First in the veg cab is topped and lolly-popped WW Mom #3. She will become WW FL 10-18 # 3 Mom(moved to flower). Just 4 maybe 5 tops on this one but still a nice healthy plant none the less.

03162.JPG
03355.JPG
03256.JPG

And now, what could very well be my favorite plant, meet WW Mom #1. She will be the last one of the moms, to go into flower. Hopefully over the next 2/3 weeks she produces *Many main tops.

02675.JPG
02885.JPG
02779.JPG
03061.JPG
02971.JPG

Last, but hopefully not least, is a WW #1 clone. She was taken 9-24 and has been growing, in the veg cab, without the dome for a little over a week now.
I try not to name, or count on clones until they can stand 24 hours without the dome.

WW_1_Clone_1024x768_1.jpg

Clones up soon!

Now we have the clones in mini-hempys. They might not all live but they're all rooting. This batch is a mix of #1 mom and #2 moms. I don't know which are which, my plan is to grow all the clones out together in the veg cab. I'll put some into flower once a week, until I end up with my favorite WW pheno to be the main WW mom. This may take awhile and will include clone-ability, vegetative growth/flowering characteristics, and smoke reports to determine.

They have the clone from the veg cab in pics with them
03450.JPG
03552.JPG
03644.JPG

WW mom #3 and #2 cuts are in the redneck cloner, this thing works surprisingly well. The biggest draw back is that mold will destroy any dead leaves/clones, so you have to keep a close eye on them and keep any dieing/severely wilted foliage trimmed up.

The last pic, is of the roots growing growing out of the stem above the mix(50/50 perlite/vermiculite). If you can keep mold out cuttings WILL grow roots. They are 8 days from cut in the pics.

03744.JPG
03953.JPG
04034.JPG

That's all the girls, I'll try to get set up photos and specific grow information organized and posted by tonight.

Q's, and comments are welcome/appreciated

hey nice growing El, whos ww is it(breeder) and do you usually go 8-9 weeks with them? might have mentioned it but what lights are they under?

thanks and gluck!

Ansers to these Q's and all others (hopefully), that are pertaining to the set-up/method/environment should be up tonight. Everyone please say if I neglect to cover something and just ask if you any Qs after I go over it.

Quick ansers to though,

They are Nirvana WW Fem.

The only 1 harvested so far, was done so at 8/w on the mark with about 25% amber

Air-cooled 1000W HPS for flower room

Thanks for stopping by Vaporeyes, and for the compliment

#

This sensitive runt has been a pain in my ass the whole grow. Exact same environment as all the others, but shes finicky her with nutes.

Although now she looks nice, all fattened up. It just sucks, when they all share the same feeding schedule/environment, but one just doesn't cooperate.
I know its a phosphorus diff-, but more than likely the nutes are there, but not available. The PH of run off is 6.1 and the get fed 5.8-6.2.
Her life will end soon enough and I just hope she ends up being good the jar.
:oops:

I think I would give the Runt pH'd water only (pH of 7), no cal mag or anything until she's harvested, just do a flush on her. If anyone out there disagrees, please advise Elbee, I am no expert by any means!
Thank you for the compliments and reps Woodsman! That means alot to me coming from a great grower like yourself.

Consider yourself welcome at this grow, pull up a chair and get comfortable any time you'd like.

Thanks for the link as well.
Thanks for the kind welcome Elbee, but I am not a 'great grower' as I mentioned above, I am no expert, I'm a beginner with some experience. I grew the stuff for many years, but now that I'm here and learned (still learning) I realized most everything I did was wrong before.

"I think I would give the Runt pH'd water only (pH of 7), no cal mag or anything until she's harvested, just do a flush on her. If anyone out there disagrees, please advise Elbee, I am no expert by any means!"

I would agree with you, on the PH, if I was growing in soil. The hempy in a form of hydro(run to waste, passive hydro 'i think") and it would not respond well to a PH 6.2-6.4 or higher, I try to shot for 6.0 but if its off +/- .2 or less I'll leave it. I'm no expert either, I know a little about plants(in-general), that helps alot with "reading" the plants and I'm well read on the grow forums here on 420. Without the knowledgeable people here, that share their knowledge selflessly, this grow wouldn't do half as well(or be as enjoyable).

Clone update pictorial

I. Check PPM
100_1524.JPG

II. Check PH
100_1525.JPG

III. Add 1 ml/gal superthrive, Then, PH to 6.0
100_1526.JPG

IV.Set up everything needed.
a. black 16oz cups
b. drill or something to make a pencil sized hole in the cups
c. perlite, most people recommend using the coarse #4 horticultural type but I have always used the Wal-mart's Miracle Grow stuff, without problems. It does have trace MG ferts, but I think they are leached out within the first few waterings.
d. Osmacote Plus, if its not plus, it will need supplemental micro elements
e. Measuring scoop
f. PHed water with superthrive added(for a B vitamin)
g. A glass full, of above water
h. 90% or higher alcohol and a rag, to sterilize the razor and scissors with.
i. Razor
j. Scissors(mine are not pictured)
k. Rooting hormone, there are many to choose from, I prefer the gel type
l. 14oz clear cups
m. Moms (< That just worked out, it wasn't even on purpose)
100_15271.JPG

V. Drill holes in the cup, about 1 to1 1/2" high, make sure to pick a spot and stay with it on the rest of the cups.
100_1528.JPG

VI. Fill the cups to slightly above the hole, with perlite. Then sprinkle .5 tbls of OC+ evenly on top
100_1530.JPG

100_15291.JPG

VII. Top off with perlite
100_1531.JPG

VIII. Cut healthy, lower branches, with at least 4" long stems. Then clean them up and put them in a glass of the water
100_15321.JPG
100_15332.JPG

IX. Cut a wide angled tip on or just below a node and dip in rooting gel. Plant cutting deep in the hempy, but keep it above the res. This way it takes less time for the roots hit the bottom but they still get air roots up the stem. If you go to deep the cutting will drown or rot before it grows roots.
100_1535.JPG

100_1536.JPG

X. Label then stick in the nursery
100_1538.JPG

Here is the clones that were in the nursery, getting comfy for a few days in their new home, before the domes come off.
100_1539.JPG
100_15421.JPG

WW FL 10-11 mom # 2 transplant update pictorial

Fill a bucket to the hole w/perlite and spread 7.5 tbls of OC+
100_15432.JPG

True up plant height, while still in bucket
100_15443.JPG

Loosen up the root ball and remove the supports. Support the stem with your hand until new supports are in. Do not pull the stem! Turn the bucket upside down, and use the root ball's weight to remove the bucket. Then carefully place it in the 5gal container.
100_15462.JPG

If you break this stem base, your plant will die.
100_1546_-_Copy.JPG

Support base securely and water with 6.0 with 1 ml/gal superthrive
100_15481.JPG

Stick her back in her room:smokin:
100_1549.JPG

I hope no one minds if I abuse the pics, but I think they tell a story better than I can.

GROW ROOM TOUR

This room has been slowly coming together since April, usually being held up by lack of funds. For this reason, their is alot of things"rigged up" to provide the environment I need. I have plans to upgrade several things, over the next couple of months but for now, redneck ingenuity, will have to get me through.

Flower room light
100_1483.JPG
100_1484.JPG

Air cooled Hydrofarm hood
100_14871.JPG

bulb stays 12 to 18" above canopy
100_1489.JPG

I use a redneck yard stick to check
100_14881.JPG

and prop containers up accordingly.
100_1490.JPG

Squirrel cage fan to light
100_14922.JPG

I'm sucking heat from the ballast,
100_14932.JPG
with the lights in take port

Active air intake with another squirrel cage fan outside of the room
100_14941.JPG

Air conditioner vent and oscillating fan
100_1501.JPG

Air conditioner. The plastic keeps the exhaust heat contained and a box fan inside pushes it into the attic
100_14962.JPG
100_14951.JPG

Timers for lights
100_1500.JPG

Passive air in take for AC and AC in for the veg cab
100_14992.JPG

Panda plastic w/ Velcro for the door
100_1498.JPG

Veg cab exhaust
100_14972.JPG

drying box on a stand, made from a plastic shelf propped on paint cans
100_15091.JPG

Tub lid on top, to block light
100_15101.JPG

1/8" welding wire instead of strings, small fan zip tied to one side, a hygrometer/thermometer, and vent on the other side, cut at an angle to block light
100_1511.JPG
100_1512.JPG

The vent, also works well, to dry the shake bag
100_1513.JPG

Medicine cabnit above the box
100_1515.JPG

4 jars of bagseed curing, and 1 WW(first seedling harvested 9-25"i think".
paper bags for cureing in between the box and the jar.
lighted magnifying glass and a radio shack mini-microscope.
baby food jar for bud shake, 2 pill bottles with crappy bag seeds in them
bread ties
batteries
masking tape and a marker(for labels)
100_1516.JPG

Might as well fluff the jars

WW
100_15171.JPG

bagseed
100_1518.JPG

Shake
100_15193.JPG
100_15201.JPG

Veg cab/nursery

top shelf/ storage and an exhaust fan
100_15021.JPG

Nursery. 18'x 36" , 2 10w aquarium cfls. The heat from the veg light keeps the root zone warm.
100_1503.JPG

homemade, 312 actual watt, cfl lamp, that fits perfectly in the room
100_1504.JPG

100_1505.JPG

I have high light penetration all the way down to the shelf(30") with a chepo light meter. I can veg them 18" tall in the 12" buckets, without moving the light.
100_1506.JPG

The AC in, goes into the back of a humidifier, which blows up to the oscillating fan. cooling the room to the low 80s while keeping RH 50-60
You can also see the active intake line in the back of the pic. It's wrapped in black plastic to be light proof
100_15082.JPG
100_1507.JPG

In an effort to cover everything, I'll complete the sticky How to make a Grow Journal thread

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

"Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Grows tall with delicate arms
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : September/October
Height : Medium
THC Level : High
Characteristics : The buzz is powerful yet energetic and very social

Nirvana Seeds White Widow original seeds are (60%/40%) indica/sativa cross-strain and is best suited to indoor cannabis cultivation. Cannabis seeds grow as high as 35-80 cm with the yield up to 450 gr per m2. It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all.
Our White Widow original seeds produce plants that give you the taste of freshness laced with many fruits, because of the strength of the cannabis crystals - the only real taste goes hand in hand with the expectorant effects of the THC. You better try it for yourself. The smell is strong pungency. It first hits you, then follows a sour sweetness with the final whiff ... turning sweet. If a plant could have a strong body odour then the White Widow needs a deodorant.
Cannabis smokers adore its sweet, thick, acrid smoke that imparts a hammering stone. Extremely powerful. Experienced smokers only.
White Widow is the backbone of the Nirvana Seeds industry and is one of the most famous marijuana strains in modern growing.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

Variable stages from cutting to harvest.

If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?

N/A

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor

Soil or Hydro?

Passive hydro

Size of light?

1000W HPS, 312W CFL, and 20W CFL

Is it aircooled?

Only the HPS.

Temp of Room/cab?

FL=H.82 L.65/ Veg= Low 80s/ Nursery= 85ish

RH of Room/cab?

FL= 35-50%/ Veg= 50-60%/ Nursery= 30-40%(without dome)

PH of media or res?

5.8-6.2

Any Pests ?

Nothing the spiders haven't handled!

How often are you watering?

Twice/week, whether they like or not. When the lights come on Wens. and Sat. If they need watered more often than that, I transplant into a larger container

Type and strength of ferts used?

OC+ 1.5 tbs/gal
Cal/Mag + 1ml/gal when needed
1/2 strength or less, GH Bloom(0-5-4), sometimes needed in flower.
1ml/gal super-thrive, only when transplanting.

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

"It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all"- Attitude/Nirvana

I have not tried this. Does anyone know if it's true?

Back
Top Bottom