White Widow Fem. Perpetual

Elbee are you going to transplant the clones or finish them in the mini's?

I'm getting ready to update in just a bit, should answer your question.

she looks nice man, good luck in plant of the month comp.!!

Thanks Bro, the pics I have coming up may be some of the ones I'll enter. Please, let me know what you think.

:welcome: to my grow as well, hope you can make yourself comfortable.

Update
Alright, I plan on entering this girl in the POM contest, so please, let me know what you think and don't be shy to be critical. I don't know what I'd do if I won, I'm not in it to win anything, just for the fun of the contest. Hopefully 420 would allow me to let it roll over into the next months prize. These pics may be the ones I'll enter. I've been flushing for a week now. Today, she goes into the dark until I decide to take her.

WW FL 10-11 Mom #2
DSCN0734_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0743_1200x940_1200x940_1200x940_.jpg
DSCN0740_900x1200_900x1200_900x1200_.jpg
DSCN0754_1200x931_1200x931_1200x931_.jpg
DSCN0739_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg

Being overrun with clones is an amazing problem to have, but it's still one to deal with. Using what I had on hand, I figured just a little under of a gal. of media each, would be enough to flower the little clones the rest of the way. So I put 2 clones in each 7L can. Hopefully it works out right. It should, I mean, they're clones, it should be the same schedule for everything from feed to harvest time. Freshly transplanted at three weeks old, they should have another 5 weeks to fill out in their new home. Fingers crossed here.

WW Clones FL 11-13
DSCN0766_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0767_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg

I'm thinking about culling off the smaller half of this dozen. They're just super sickly looking, and very stunted compared to the others their same age.

WW Clones FL 11-20
DSCN0768_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0769_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg

Then these two, well, they're clones, they look the same as each other, and similar to the rest....LOL! (New strains acomin')

WW Clones FL 11-24
DSCN0770_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0771_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg

Now the real update, finally hooked up a proper ventilation system for the room. Just installed an inline 6" 400 cfm Hyrdofarm fan and run new 6" line everywhere. Kicks ass, WOW, I can lay my hand on the glass of the 1000 watter for as long as I feel like. As a matter of fact, it's just a little too much. At peak heat time today I had 68 at the canopy. I just turned the dial a little on the space heater to fix it for now, but I'll have to get a speed controller for that fan. Almost looks and works like a real room now!
DSCN0786_652x1200_652x1200_652x1200_.jpg
DSCN0787_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0788_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0796_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0795_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0797_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0789_1200x900_1200x900_1200x900_.jpg

I love Gorilla tape, it's like duct tape's big brother. I Just stapled through it, into the wood, to hold the cold air intake up higher.

DSCN0790_900x1200_900x1200_900x1200_.jpg

That's it for now(I'm beat). Thanks for coming by all. Please let me know what you think and any suggestions you have.

#

Hey there, first off, your plants look BEAUTIFUL. From your plug sockets i'm guessing you're in America? I was just wondering if all your gear created a lot of noise... i have a lovely in line fan but cant use it for the incessant whirring. And with all that heat being pushed out... Or it just occurred to me that you might be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get persecuted for growing. Great stuff anyway, Very much looking forward to how it all turns out.

All the best

Hey Elbee! Now that's an update!

Your POM entry looks great. If possible get more white light on the plant for the profile pics, they look fine from overhead. I have the same problem, the plants just absorb the light and leave it kind of dark. What kind of yield do you expect from her? Good luck!

I was thinking of doing just what you did with the flowering clones, double them up in a trash can. How big do you think they'll get? I'm going to try that too.

What's going on with that plant in the pentagonal box?

It's not almost like a real grow room buddy, it's a grow room deluxe. Love it. :thumb:

Take care!

Hey Elbee! Now that's an update!

Your POM entry looks great. If possible get more white light on the plant for the profile pics, they look fine from overhead. I have the same problem, the plants just absorb the light and leave it kind of dark. What kind of yield do you expect from her? Good luck!

I was thinking of doing just what you did with the flowering clones, double them up in a trash can. How big do you think they'll get? I'm going to try that too.

What's going on with that plant in the pentagonal box?

It's not almost like a real grow room buddy, it's a grow room deluxe. Love it. :thumb:

Take care!

The pentagonal box is my new time out room. I'm gonna try the extended dark period thing, see if it makes a difference. It's not completely dark in there, but I'd bet it's dark enough to let the plant know that it's going to die. Plus, by keeping her out of the light, I'm dropping the temps quite a bit. So hopefully that'll help flush out the OC+ a little better. I cut 2 holes and put a fan in there to circulate fresh air, I'm just worried about mold with the dark and cool temps.
As far as a yield on the girl inside the box, I'm not sure. I think I could safely say over 2 ounces, but she's one of the biggest girls I've grown so far, with only big solid buds, so I really don't know.

I have no idea how much bigger the little clones will get, but I wanted to make sure they have enough room to grow for about another 5 weeks. I'm just kinda taking a stab at it with the 2 per bucket thing.

Thanks for coming by Blue,
#

Hey there, first off, your plants look BEAUTIFUL. From your plug sockets i'm guessing you're in America? I was just wondering if all your gear created a lot of noise... i have a lovely in line fan but cant use it for the incessant whirring. And with all that heat being pushed out... Or it just occurred to me that you might be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get persecuted for growing. Great stuff anyway, Very much looking forward to how it all turns out.

All the best
:thanks: For coming by and for all of your complements.
The fan is loud, especially because I just have it plugged into the wall, running wide open. I need to get a speed controller ASAP. That being said, it's quite a bit quieter than the squirrel cage fan and AC, I just replaced with it. It does a hell of a lot better job, and uses WAY less power, I couldn't be happier

Hope you don't mind, but I'd rather not discuss location, or local legalities.

:peace:bro, and :welcome: to my grow, hope to see you around,

#

Update

Picked up an attic fan thermostat from the hardware store today(25$). Pretty basic, but I'm confident it'll get the job done. It's working great so far, I've just gotta make sure it's all dialed in and stays that way. It's like watching paint dry setting this stuff up. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one of those nice horticulture environmental controllers, it'd be so nice to be able to set everything up digitally and leave it.
DSCN0815_1050x1400_.jpg
DSCN0820_1400x1050_.jpg

Monkey could install it
DSCN0819_1050x1400_.jpg

Canopy temps. are warmer than the thermostat by about 10-15 deg. when the lights are on. So if I set my thermostat to the mid 60s, I should have day temps of 75-80, with the night being real close to 65. Hope it works that way anyway, sounds right to me.
DSCN0818_1400x1050_.jpg

Just checked the trichs again on WW Mom #2, she's showing about 30%+amber. So I'm running one last flush with distilled water through her. I'll let her sit in the dark another day, maybe two, then she's coming down.

That's it for now, later,
#

Elbee! You have a new audience member :) BlueDog sent me your way due to the similarities of our grow, and man do I appreciate it! You have a ton of fun things that I want to imitate, or at least learn from.

First off, respect for that horizontal plant. It really doesn't matter if it yields amazingly well or not - you tried something I haven't seen much before.

Secondly, congratulations on burning through your learning curve so fast! You started off with a few plants, and can now easily dial in this many plants. It's impressive.

Anyway, I have some questions for you. I'm hoping to get about 54 healthy rooted clones ready to go straight into flower by late January. I have six mothers in week 2 of flowering. Does this seem doable/easy?

Next... you seem to have a pretty huge surface area being covered by one main light. Am I wrong on that?

And finally... in respect to your clones... what sort of hour schedule do you use on them? Most people go 24 hours on clones, 24 or 18-6 on veg, and 12-12 on flower. But seeing as we're taking flowering clones... do you flip back to veg just long enough for them to stabilize and put in some new growth? Or...

Haha. Anyway, thanks for letting me pick your brain! Don't sell yourself short... this grow space is starting to look amazing, and you're sharing your experiences with the elite of 420 :)

Elbee! You have a new audience member :) BlueDog sent me your way due to the similarities of our grow, and man do I appreciate it! You have a ton of fun things that I want to imitate, or at least learn from.

First off, respect for that horizontal plant. It really doesn't matter if it yields amazingly well or not - you tried something I haven't seen much before.

Secondly, congratulations on burning through your learning curve so fast! You started off with a few plants, and can now easily dial in this many plants. It's impressive.

Anyway, I have some questions for you. I'm hoping to get about 54 healthy rooted clones ready to go straight into flower by late January. I have six mothers in week 2 of flowering. Does this seem doable/easy?

Next... you seem to have a pretty huge surface area being covered by one main light. Am I wrong on that?

And finally... in respect to your clones... what sort of hour schedule do you use on them? Most people go 24 hours on clones, 24 or 18-6 on veg, and 12-12 on flower. But seeing as we're taking flowering clones... do you flip back to veg just long enough for them to stabilize and put in some new growth? Or...

Haha. Anyway, thanks for letting me pick your brain! Don't sell yourself short... this grow space is starting to look amazing, and you're sharing your experiences with the elite of 420 :)

:welcome: and Thanks for coming by. Thanks for all your compliments, glad you like that horizontal plant, she's one of my favorites as well.

" I'm hoping to get about 54 healthy rooted clones ready to go straight into flower by late January. I have six mothers in week 2 of flowering. Does this seem doable/easy?"
Sounds doable to me, I'd start cutting now since flowing clones take longer to root, also, I'd cut more than you need, seems like I always loose more when cut from a flowering girl. Your gonna want to get in there to cut them a soon as you can too. IMO you can cut from a flowering plant, but the shorter amount of time it has been in flower the better. They're just easier, I've never had one root and live that was taken after about the 5-6 week.
When the whether was hot, I had the veg cab on 18/6 and flower on 12/12. I run my lights at night and have them off during the hot part of the day, so it's easier to keep the temp dialed in, but now that it's cold outside, it's easier for me to keep my temps right using a 24/0 in the veg cab. Seems like they grow a little faster on a 24/0, but I think they might be a little finicky on it. I'd rather grow on an 18/6, but I think it's just a matter of how your own setup works best for you.

And yeah on the clones, after they've rooted and put on new growth I'd say you could flower anytime after that.

As far as my light, it's a 1000 watter with a XL Hydrofarm air cooled reflector. The large size really spreads the light out evenly. I have very adequate light intensity for the 4x5 footprint.

Again, thanks for coming by, and please let me know if I left anything out, or if you have any more questions.

Later,
#

Well, seeing as you're an enthusiastic responder... I'll throw some more general questions your way.

First off, I've never cloned before. I topped all my girls, and topped two of them twice. It seems my plant is split into two areas - the main branches (which are quite thick), or the 'off-shoots'. These offshoots usually don't have nodes on them. They're usually just a stem and a leaf.

Should I be carving up the main branches to make my clones?
If you're flowering a plant, do you usually still get a harvest off it after performing clone surgery on her? Or do you reduce her to the point that there are no buds left?

I'm using rockwool... ever tried? I'm guessing there are a few basic tips and tricks you learn after one or two cloning rounds. I'd like to save the mistakes for other people :p

Thanks again, and +reps!

Well, seeing as you're an enthusiastic responder... I'll throw some more general questions your way.

First off, I've never cloned before. I topped all my girls, and topped two of them twice. It seems my plant is split into two areas - the main branches (which are quite thick), or the 'off-shoots'. These offshoots usually don't have nodes on them. They're usually just a stem and a leaf.

Should I be carving up the main branches to make my clones?
If you're flowering a plant, do you usually still get a harvest off it after performing clone surgery on her? Or do you reduce her to the point that there are no buds left?

I'm using rockwool... ever tried? I'm guessing there are a few basic tips and tricks you learn after one or two cloning rounds. I'd like to save the mistakes for other people :p

Thanks again, and +reps!

If you take clones from the lower part of the plant they'll root easier, also I like to do it that way and lolly-pop them, most of the lowest stuff won't make as good of buds anyways. You don't necessarily have to cut them from the main stalk, just make sure you have a growth shoot that's about 4-6" long. It's best to make a diagonal cut, through a node, while under water, but I usually cut the node on the plant and immediately dip the cutting in some cloning gel. There are threads here and other info all over the net about taking cuttings, especially cannabis cuttings. I'd suggest spending some time reading and watching videos before you dive in, but cloning is very doable. Plan on losing more than average at first, but after a learning curve you'll do fine.

When I clone while in flower, I usually only cut the parts I'm lolly-popping. If you plan on taking 54 clones off of yours while they're in flower, you'll definitely loose a lot of your flower sites and yield. Might be worth it to have 54 plants, but that's your call/gamble. If it were me, I'd only cut the pop corn bud branches.

Good luck bro,
#

Back
Top Bottom