White Widow Fem. Perpetual

Wow Elbee they look great! I think your pics are fine. How many clones do you have altogether? It looks like about 40!

52 as of today, but that number is subject to change. Inevitably some will die, and I usually "weed out" some weaker ones as well.
Just a note, so far, my best success rate with cloning is with coco plugs. I just put them right into mini-hempys after they are rooted, works really well.

lb.
youre doing a great job...love that circular plant and the way you tie them down and shape them....terrific....the whole thing is great, and your clones look way better than mine...great show ....take care, L:cheer::cheer:

:oops:I was messing with the timer/power strip last night(stoned), and switched the timer to straight on. Bet you know where this is going.... So I went to the room about 15 min early to check them out while they are sleeping, then immediately started kicking my self in the ass. I forgot to switch the timer back on and left the light on, through the dark cycle. Hopefully it doesn't screw with them too much.

:oops:I was messing with the timer/power strip last night(stoned), and switched the timer to straight on. Bet you know where this is going.... So I went to the room about 15 min early to check them out while they are sleeping, then immediately started kicking my self in the ass. I forgot to switch the timer back on and left the light on, through the dark cycle. Hopefully it doesn't screw with them too much.

I did that about twice in my first grow, it didn't seem to bother them at all. Hopefully everything will be fine. Take care!

Update

WW Mom #2 FL 10-11, she's just a month into flower and she's already beefing up. Starting to get frosty too, even a lot on the bigger leaves
DSCF1058_375x500_.jpg
DSCF1059_500x355_.jpg
DSCF1060_354x500_.jpg

WW Mom #3 FL 10-17, she's doing great as well, there's no way I could pick a favorite out of these girls. She only gets light on one side, check out how trim she's staying
DSCF1064_342x500_.jpg

Making some nice colas too
DSCF1065_500x369_.jpg
DSCF1066_500x362_.jpg

WW Mom #1 FL 10-17,I love this plant! Can't wait to see what she looks like around harvest time.
DSCF1068_500x375_.jpg
DSCF1069_500x340_.jpg
DSCF1072_354x500_.jpg

Flower room update, I moved 17 rooted clones in from the veg cab. Here is some before and after pics.
Before
DSCF1029_500x374_.jpg

I have been moving this flat of clones to the flower room every day during the day cycle, then back to the veg cab so its still on a 18/6 schedule. I've been doing that all week, hopefully they'll already be used to the big light.
DSCF1031_500x374_.jpg

Veg cab with and without the moved clones
DSCF1030_500x375_.jpg
DSCF1032_500x370_.jpg

They were flowering clones, so it took about a month to root, but the have all started re-vegging and are finally well rooted
DSCF1040_500x367_.jpg
DSCF1073_351x500_.jpg

They've all been transplanted into mini-hempys. I had to rearranged the flowering girls to make room. Lets see how they do with a 12/12 grow from root.
DSCF1078_359x500_.jpg
DSCF1079_500x375_.jpg

Mini-hempys in the veg cab are starting to pick it up, some of them are already ready to be trans planted. The biggest one drys out in a day sometimes. They grow great like that for a while, but I cannot keep up with a watering schedule that has me watering more than once a day.

Mostly in order from largest to smallest, with the three main clone moms first
WW Mom #1 clone
DSCF1042_358x500_.jpg
DSCF1043_500x367_.jpg

WW Mom #2 clone
DSCF1044_352x500_.jpg

DSCF1045_500x374_.jpg

WW Mom #3 clone
DSCF1046_369x500_.jpg
DSCF1049_500x370_.jpg

The rest of the mini hempy clones are stoner clones. They're either un-marked, or marked in a way that I cannot tell WTF they are. All of them are WW though, and I'm just going to flower them so it doesn't really matter which mom they came from.
DSCF1048_369x500_.jpg
DSCF1047_500x365_.jpg
DSCF1050_375x500_.jpg
DSCF1051_500x372_.jpg
DSCF1052_363x500_.jpg
DSCF1053_500x369_.jpg
DSCF1054_374x500_.jpg
DSCF1055_500x370_.jpg

I know this one is sad looking , but it does have new growth. I think it'll make it.
DSCF1056_375x500_.jpg
DSCF1057_500x375_.jpg

Last but not least, these flowering clones are still rooting but doing well. I've had the dome off all week and they seem to be able to hold their own. I'm pretty sure sure that all the ones left will make it, note that I've had much higher success rates using coco starter plugs(over 95%), than with any other method so far. I'm not saying I'll never try any other cloning medium, but they seem to be a keeper for sure.
DSCF1036_500x306_.jpg
DSCF1034_500x363_.jpg

:peace::rollit:
#

Stoner clones I love it lol! Looking really good buddy. I just took some clones yesterday, I'll be watching your results. I want to kick mine into 12/12 asap, I don't even have a veg chamber so far. Good luck!

Update
WW FL 10-11 Mom #2, swelling up and getting stinky.
DSCF1135_445x500_.jpg
DSCF1137_500x439_.jpg
DSCF1141_336x500_.jpg

WW FL 10-17 Mom #3
DSCF1161_500x462_.jpg
DSCF1164_500x388_.jpg
DSCF1168_375x500_.jpg

WW FL 10-17 Mom #1, man she's a cool looking plant
DSCF1172_500x495_.jpg
DSCF1176_500x375_.jpg

I had to cull two, out of the 17 clones I transplanted and put into flower last week. All the rest of them look great though, I think most of them have already hit their res. I also took the two smallest mini-hempys out of the veg cab to fill the spots.
DSCF1133_500x252_.jpg

These 9 are additions to the flower room as of yeterday. I transplanted the rest of my clones into mini-hempys, these wouldn't fit in the veg cab anymore. The coco plugs were amazing, they were all well rooted and so easy to transplant, I'm definitely going to continue to use them.
All the roots looked at least this good
DSCF1117_500x375_.jpg

25 in all, but these 9 are in the flower room now.
DSCF1130_500x463_.jpg

Starting to fill up nicely
DSCF1230_500x371_.jpg

VEG

I really need to transplant these next 6, the biggest one has been wilting in only 24hr in between waterings, looks like I'll be doing it morning and nite for a while though, but as soon as I can get my hands on some perlite they're going in 2gal cans.

WW Mom #1 clone
DSCF1182_374x500_.jpg
DSCF1185_500x374_.jpg

WW Mom #2 clone
DSCF1193_375x500_.jpg
DSCF1195_500x419_.jpg

WW Mom#3 clone
DSCF1198_375x500_.jpg
DSCF1201_500x370_.jpg

Stoner clones
DSCF1200_366x500_.jpg
DSCF1199_500x370_.jpg
DSCF1202_374x500_.jpg
DSCF1203_500x375_.jpg
DSCF1204_374x500_.jpg
DSCF1205_500x373_.jpg

These are the rest of the transplants. 16 still in veg, 9 in flower
DSCF1207_500x364_.jpg
DSCF1208_500x375_.jpg

It's pretty packed in there, probally have to make more room in FL room next week.
DSCF1214_375x500_.jpg

Getting busy around here now, about three more weeks until the next harvest, then plenty coming up behind it, should stay pretty steady for a while after it starts.

Let me know what you guys think, any thoughts or suggestions?

:peace:
#

Thanks bro, that's awesome coming from you, especially because you've wrote a few hempy "text books".
Your more than welcome here anytime, and please let me know if you have any Qs and call me out if something doesn't seem right. Seeing as how I've learned almost all I know about hempys from reading forums, yours in particular, any criticism is welcome as well.

Thanks for stopping by.

wow lb...
that is terrific, not only did you take the art of growing to a healthy place, but you added art and creativity to it....i just love the way you stake and tie, and prune....that is just sooooo cool...and those clones look so terrific...what kind of grow plugs do you use, and where? i need all the help i can get....got some willow water to try to take clones with....im getting desparate to figure out why .... great job...really....all of it...congrats on doing a great job....too bad that one long ww mom1 isnt 3ft long, you would have a yard full of mmj...thats a beauty, that and the circle...my favs...later, L

Hey Elbee looking great as ever. I love seeing the WW's bud out.

Since you are obviously a master, help me out with the cloning. I have 3 that are now 10 days old. They look fine but they haven't changed a bit since I took them. What am I looking for? How will I know when they're rooted and ready for transplanting? Thanks my friend.

wow lb...
that is terrific, not only did you take the art of growing to a healthy place, but you added art and creativity to it....i just love the way you stake and tie, and prune....that is just sooooo cool...and those clones look so terrific...what kind of grow plugs do you use, and where? i need all the help i can get....got some willow water to try to take clones with....im getting desparate to figure out why .... great job...really....all of it...congrats on doing a great job....too bad that one long ww mom1 isnt 3ft long, you would have a yard full of mmj...thats a beauty, that and the circle...my favs...later, L

I've been using the coco plugs that came with my prop tray(it came with 72), but I just looked on amazon the other day and the sell the same ones for 8$(I think) a 24 pack of plugs. They're just coco though, so I think it will be alot cheaper to just buy a brick of it and fill the plug holes with it, same thing. The coco is completely inert, so I've been running 1/4 strengh GH three part with it on the clones. Since I've been doing it this way, I've had probably something like a 95% success rate. Alot better than any other way I've tried so far. They transplant right into the mini hempys after they root, no problem. I haven't tried them in soil, but I'm sure they'd be fine.

Thanks for all the comments and compliments

#

Hey Elbee looking great as ever. I love seeing the WW's bud out.

Since you are obviously a master, help me out with the cloning. I have 3 that are now 10 days old. They look fine but they haven't changed a bit since I took them. What am I looking for? How will I know when they're rooted and ready for transplanting? Thanks my friend.

I appreciate your flattery, but the master statement is inaccurate, I'm still very much a newbie to growing cannabis. I accredit these forums/growers here and knowledge about plants, for any of my successes. Not that I haven't put in a lot of work, but nature has already done the hard part, and places like this make it easy to learn and share knowledge.

As far as your clones go, I just wrote to L about the coco and such. If they still look fine at ten days your doing good, you'll know when they've started rooting when you see some new growth, it'll probably be a little on the light green side. Also some of the bigger or lowest leaves, may yellow as the clone eats them for nutes. Mine took just over a month, but that was because they're flowering clones. With clones from veg it'll probably more like 2-3 weeks, but I've heard that's strain dependent(have also read some strains just don't clone). As far as when to transplant, I don't necessarily have a time, just when ever the plug, or whatever I'm rooting them in is full of roots( I just kinda squeeze the sides of my containers from time to time, when they get pretty firm, or when I have to water too often, I transplant. That's pretty much the deal with everything from clones to flowering girls)

I appreciate your flattery, but the master statement is inaccurate, I'm still very much a newbie to growing cannabis. I accredit these forums/growers here and knowledge about plants, for any of my successes. Not that I haven't put in a lot of work, but nature has already done the hard part, and places like this make it easy to learn and share knowledge.

As far as your clones go, I just wrote to L about the coco and such. If they still look fine at ten days your doing good, you'll know when they've started rooting when you see some new growth, it'll probably be a little on the light green side. Also some of the bigger or lowest leaves, may yellow as the clone eats them for nutes. Mine took just over a month, but that was because they're flowering clones. With clones from veg it'll probably more like 2-3 weeks, but I've heard that's strain dependent(have also read some strains just don't clone). As far as when to transplant, I don't necessarily have a time, just when ever the plug, or whatever I'm rooting them in is full of roots( I just kinda squeeze the sides of my containers from time to time, when they get pretty firm, or when I have to water too often, I transplant. That's pretty much the deal with everything from clones to flowering girls)

Compared to me you're a master for sure. Thanks for the info. I don't think they've rooted yet, I'll just be patient. I have them about 4-5" from the lights on 18/6... sound about right? Thanks again!

Compared to me you're a master for sure. Thanks for the info. I don't think they've rooted yet, I'll just be patient. I have them about 4-5" from the lights on 18/6... sound about right? Thanks again!
Yeah, that sounds good for where there at right now. I was just over at your place, they all look like they're doing good, all but one, the one in the top right looks super wilted, but I bet you know that. I just try to keep them alive long enough to grow roots, if you can do that, then you have plants and I've seen that you know how to grow plants.
By the way, I noticed you are rooting directly in the mini-hempys, I do not recommend this!, even though I was doing it earlier on in my journal. Most of what I was doing then was experimenting to find the most successful method, that I liked and had the material for. I probably only had like a 60% success rate with them directly in the mini-hempys. The coco though, has been around 95% and I'm not sure the ones I lost wasn't from an error on my part. Sorry I haven't made that clear in my journal before. I hope I haven't influenced you to make any of the mistakes I've made, that would totally contradict my intentions of writing a journal and experimenting.

:peace:bro, thanks for coming by

wow, Looks nice. That 1000 really does wonders.

:thanks: and :welcome: ChicagoJoe

Yeah, that light really does the trick. Definitely worth the $(about 6 bills) if you ask me. The only thing I would say about it though, is Plan to cool that hot bastard. That has been, and still is my biggest issue with it. I have been able to keep to temps within range (65-85), but it has taken quite a bit of "redneck engineering". Hopefully, I'll soon have a 6" inline just for that light, that's the goal anyway.

Yeah, that sounds good for where there at right now. I was just over at your place, they all look like they're doing good, all but one, the one in the top right looks super wilted, but I bet you know that. I just try to keep them alive long enough to grow roots, if you can do that, then you have plants and I've seen that you know how to grow plants.
By the way, I noticed you are rooting directly in the mini-hempys, I do not recommend this!, even though I was doing it earlier on in my journal. Most of what I was doing then was experimenting to find the most successful method, that I liked and had the material for. I probably only had like a 60% success rate with them directly in the mini-hempys. The coco though, has been around 95% and I'm not sure the ones I lost wasn't from an error on my part. Sorry I haven't made that clear in my journal before. I hope I haven't influenced you to make any of the mistakes I've made, that would totally contradict my intentions of writing a journal and experimenting.

:peace:bro, thanks for coming by

Thanks for checking them out Elbee. It's hard to see but they're in 'root shooter' plugs which are in mini-hempies. Is this ok?

That one has been droopy, not sure why. Having trouble keeping RH over 40 in their clone house so I've been misting them a few times a day.

Back
Top Bottom