White Widow Fem. Perpetual

Thanks for checking them out Elbee. It's hard to see but they're in 'root shooter' plugs which are in mini-hempies. Is this ok?

That one has been droopy, not sure why. Having trouble keeping RH over 40 in their clone house so I've been misting them a few times a day.

I haven't tried it before, but that does sound better than just putting them straight in the mini-hempys. Thinking about it, your 'root shooters' should work the same way as they would in a prop. tray, you just won't have to transplant them for awhile after they're rooted, might be the best of both worlds. Sometimes, a few of my clones just wilt shortly after I take them and never perk back up. I think when that happens, It is probably something I did wrong, I suspect an embolism(air bubble in the stem), but I'm not sure.
The only other thing I would say is to not spray them too much/long. If they don't wilt if you leave them alone, then you should probably leave them alone. After I can take the humidity dome off of mine, I don't spray them at all, I just water/very light feed them, when they're feeling lite. It seems like they root faster when you make what roots it does have, search for enough food and water to support the plant on their own. Just a thought, you do whatever it is you need to do, to keep those plants growing strong.

I haven't tried it before, but that does sound better than just putting them straight in the mini-hempys. Thinking about it, your 'root shooters' should work the same way as they would in a prop. tray, you just won't have to transplant them for awhile after they're rooted, might be the best of both worlds. Sometimes, a few of my clones just wilt shortly after I take them and never perk back up. I think when that happens, It is probably something I did wrong, I suspect an embolism(air bubble in the stem), but I'm not sure.
The only other thing I would say is to not spray them too much/long. If they don't wilt if you leave them alone, then you should probably leave them alone. After I can take the humidity dome off of mine, I don't spray them at all, I just water/very light feed them, when they're feeling lite. It seems like they root faster when you make what roots it does have, search for enough food and water to support the plant on their own. Just a thought, you do whatever it is you need to do, to keep those plants growing strong.

Ok thanks I'll stop misting them and see how they do, wish I'd read this 5 mins ago lol. I never mist my regular plants. I think it just invites mold.

I put some oc+ prills in the perlite, they're going to have to work for their food. As a lark I took some clones last summer, I just put them in dixie cups and floated them in water. They were doing fine, when I saw some roots I gave them the tiniest shot of nutes in the water. That pretty much killed them almost immediately.

Take care my friend.

Update

I finally came up with the coin to get some bulk perlite. I'm a 'go to town once a month' kinda guy, plus, I think it's always smarter to buy in bulk to save money. I picked up 5, 4 cu.
ft. bags for 13 bucks apiece(plus tax)
DSCF1235_416x500_.jpg

:yahoo::slide:Finally transplanted the mini-hempys
DSCF1249_223x500_.jpg

Did you think the veg cab was full before? I had to kick two of the biggest stoner clones into the flower room, but, trough persistent rearranging, I was able to keep 20 of them in there for now.
DSCF1278_375x500_.jpg

Plenty of room in FL for now, but these girls should grow out quite a bit, plus I'll be continually be moving over the overflow from veg, so it's gonna get pretty tight in there before too long. I kinda already have plans for setting up the 12/12 clones, just have to see how they develop.
DSCF1283_375x500_.jpg

I'm getting super exited too, it shouldn't be too long before I can upgrade the ventilation with a 6" inline! Plus, I'm restocking on nutes and adding a few things, Hygrozyme for sure, maybe a few other thing. AND, dare I say beans? I have my eye set on a few strains and will definitely get the AK-47, but I'd love to hear any suggestions/recommendations. I'm gonna grow some different indicas, but I'd like to grow some mostly sativa hybrids as well.

Peace all,
#

lb.
ordered the plugs and tray to try....now i have a question....do they fit in a tray that holds each plug in place, and that tray sits in another one? if so, do you keep fluid under them in the bottom tray? or just dry, and just water each one as needed or what is your proceedure....thank you...L

lb.
ordered the plugs and tray to try....now i have a question....do they fit in a tray that holds each plug in place, and that tray sits in another one? if so, do you keep fluid under them in the bottom tray? or just dry, and just water each one as needed or what is your proceedure....thank you...L

Yeah, they fit in holes, in a prop tray. Just pre-soak them(while in the holes) in phed water and they'll swell up. You kinda have to stab them with something to beak them up some, then add some more water to fluff up the parts that are still compacted. Don't keep standing water in the tray, keep the coco moist, but not excessively. After the plants can hold their own without a dome, I usually only water after they dry out a little. One thing to keep in mind is there is no nutes in the coco. Some people swear by using straight water for cuttings, but I've been having success using a 1/4 strength nutes and superthrive .5ml/gal

Kinda like soil, but way different. LOL I think they're way easier.

Hope this helps you out and you're successful with them. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Peace L

#

thank you....since i havent seen the tray, can i soak them in a bowl first or does it need to be in the tray....what about clonex soak, that has nutz? i do have willow water now to do some with....i thought some in willow, some in clonex, and some in olivias.....see which works best....but, i need to remember to keep it simple....sometimes the plugs are hard to fit to the holes if you swell them up outside ...wondered about that with these..should be here fri...monday, latest...because of holiday.:cheer: thank you for the hellp....L

thank you....since i havent seen the tray, can i soak them in a bowl first or does it need to be in the tray....what about clonex soak, that has nutz? i do have willow water now to do some with....i thought some in willow, some in clonex, and some in olivias.....see which works best....but, i need to remember to keep it simple....sometimes the plugs are hard to fit to the holes if you swell them up outside ...wondered about that with these..should be here fri...monday, latest...because of holiday.:cheer: thank you for the hellp....L

You pretty much have to soak them while they're in the hole, after they get wet there's nothing on them to keep them together, so it's just loose coco fiber. You could do it that way ,but you would just be filling the prop. tray with media, if you go that route I'd just buy some bricks of coco, it's the same thing just a lot more bang for your buck. That's what my plan is when I run out of the plugs that came with the tray.

Update

First, what I'm most excited about at the moment, no more shitty camera! Dropped a little coin and picked up a Nikon p100. Wow!, is all I can say. This thing is awesome, it can do anything! I'm very much an amateur, so it's far more advanced than I'd ever need, but it has lots of features in auto so I can still get great pics. Me and the wife went out scenic cursing today to test it out, 26x zoom, space age optical stabilization, ect..., needless to say we had a blast. Hopefully, I'll learn how to use this thing to its full potential. Like I said, I'm an amateur, I don't know alot about cameras/photography, but as far as I can tell this thing is bad ass!

Alright so on to the plants.
Flower room
DSCN0219_1200x900_.jpg

WW Mom #2 FL 10-11. I was checking her trics yesterday, mostly cloudy with some clear and 1 or 2 amber. So yesterday she also got her first flush.
DSCN0226_1112x1200_.jpg
DSCN0227_1200x1130_.jpg
DSCN0231_724x1200_.jpg

I can get pretty close with this thing too!
DSCN0232_785x1044_.jpg

WW Mom #3 FL 10-17, fattening up.
DSCN0234_1166x1200_.jpg
DSCN0265_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0264_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0235_900x1200_.jpg
DSCN0237_884x830_.jpg

WW Mom #1 FL 10-17, :yummy:
DSCN0238_1200x657_.jpg
DSCN0239_1200x834_.jpg
DSCN0240_725x1200_.jpg
DSCN0241_657x755_.jpg

Clones put in flower 11-13, I think they were put in flower a bit too early, some of them are definitely doing better than others. I hope most of them do OK, I hate to waste them, or worse yet they turn hermie from stress.
DSCN0243_1200x696_.jpg
DSCN0244_1200x672_.jpg

Same deal but these were put in flower on 11-20
DSCN0245_1200x1054_.jpg

DSCN0246_1200x1138_.jpg

2 bigger clones put in on 11-24

11-24 a
DSCN0247_1028x1200_.jpg
DSCN0248_1200x1200_.jpg

11-24 b
DSCN0249_1200x1089_.jpg
DSCN0250_1200x1036_.jpg

Veg cab
DSCN0222_1200x900_.jpg

WW Mom #1 clone.
DSCN0251_911x1200_.jpg
DSCN0252_1200x1113_.jpg

WW Mom #2 clone.
DSCN0253_1200x1163_.jpg

WW Mom #3 clone
DSCN0255_1200x955_.jpg
DSCN0256_1200x1078_.jpg

The rest are all stoner clones.
DSCN0257_1200x977_.jpg
DSCN0258_1200x1100_.jpg
DSCN0259_1200x905_.jpg
DSCN0260_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0261_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0262_1200x900_.jpg

Thanks for coming by! I look forward to your questions/comments.
#

I keep forgetting how big your grow is Elbee... wow!

I love the new pics, congrats on the camera. What kind of lights do you have in the flower room? Thanks.

Good looking pics and great looking plants!
The new camera seems to work pretty sweet I think,

Thanks j4s2u0! and :welcome: to my grow.

I keep forgetting how big your grow is Elbee... wow!

I love the new pics, congrats on the camera. What kind of lights do you have in the flower room? Thanks.

Thanks bro:smokin:
It's just one light, an air cooled 1000W Hps.

oh my,
those plants are soooo gorgeous...and healthy....they look great....esp. my circle one...love that plant....but all of them are gorgeous...and those pics...wow....that is terrific....sooo happy for you....arnt cameras fun...but the learning curve, ugh....still dont know half of what our good one will do, neither does hubby....but hopefully soon we willl...still use our little one for the pics, ours keep going swimming, or snowing, or diving to ground...or just being left in car and freezing and moisture....so we use our little one mostly, that way its only a med. loss if we do it again...we each had one, were down to mine now...last time he fell in a creek taking pics of salmon, did his in...lol..take care, and have fun....they are beauties....L and hubby

oh my,
those plants are soooo gorgeous...and healthy....they look great....esp. my circle one...love that plant....but all of them are gorgeous...and those pics...wow....that is terrific....sooo happy for you....arnt cameras fun...but the learning curve, ugh....still dont know half of what our good one will do, neither does hubby....but hopefully soon we willl...still use our little one for the pics, ours keep going swimming, or snowing, or diving to ground...or just being left in car and freezing and moisture....so we use our little one mostly, that way its only a med. loss if we do it again...we each had one, were down to mine now...last time he fell in a creek taking pics of salmon, did his in...lol..take care, and have fun....they are beauties....L and hubby

I'm so scared I'm gonna break this one, we've had many accidents with cameras over the years so I know it's a probability, but hopefully we can baby and protect it for a while. I can't wait to get my Easyshare fixed, just waiting for a new monitor screen(dropped it). This one is awesome, but it is pretty bulky so it's a lot easier to use my smaller one while out and about.

Just came back from checking the trichs again on the circle one. Still mostly cloudy or clear.
DSCN0291_723x1064_.jpg

Also tried out some of the water cure that just finished drying.
The green bud is just there for a comparison to before they were cured.
DSCN0267_1500x1096_.jpg

Seemed just about the right kind of crumbly
DSCN0268_1500x1106_.jpg

This stuff smoked down to the lightest, fluffiest, whitest ash I've ever seen!
DSCN0293_1500x1125_.jpg

The smoke is super potent. Taste is a hell of a lot better than it was(harsh from a poor flush), but it still had a little of the bad taste. When you smoke it there isn't actually much smell or taste though, that's good because it made my harsh bud taste OK, but it sucks because I like the smell and taste of good weed. Hopefully next time I'll just do my flushing and dry/curing better.

:tokin:
#

the ash is perfect, and the buds look real good....i bet it does taste alot diff...i wish i had of known of this yrs ago....and good to know now if i goof it up at some point, like a short flush or whatever....it all looks good....great job...hey, i just posted a couple of ? on my thread about those coco pucks, so if you get a chance have a look please....just silly questions, but i am curious....t.i.a., L:thumb::yummy::goodjob:

Mini Update

I had to water the mini-hempys today and man, they've started to really grow out. I had to rearrange them, so they weren't all so cramped together.
I'll post a proper update on sat., but this is how they look after the rearrange.
DSCN0506_1200x880_.jpg
DSCN0509_1200x872_.jpg
DSCN0510_1200x775_.jpg
DSCN0512_1200x900_.jpg
DSCN0513_1200x874_.jpg

Checked the trichs, already starting to turn amber. Saturday will be 7 weeks, I don't think she'll make her full 8.
DSCN0515_1200x900_.jpg

Thanks for stopping by all,
#

Back
Top Bottom