White Widow Indoor Veg Outdoor Flower

Wow!
And these strains actually grow better inside under lights?
While I can understand "grooming" the genetics to grow better inside, I'm having a hard time seeing why these same strains (or any strain) wouldn't grow better outside under the sun.
Thoughts? This is really interesting stuff!

Cheers
yuppp some grow better indoors and some grow better outdoors....widdow would probably do a lot better or be easier to grow on inside climate/hydro system then outside

I think I have my head around what y'all are sayin.
I guess what I'm saying is that if you grew 2 plants... one under lights, one under the sun, and both the plants were growing in an evironment that replicated what they were used to (heat, humidity, soil, etc...), wouldn't the plant growing outside be much more productive? If that's true, then I have to ask... is there such a thing as an "indoor only" plant?

Am I making sense?

Thanks dgh420... it'll be a better journal when it has some harvest photos!

Cheers!

If you had big, burly sativas with fluffy buds, they might not be so heavy/droopy in your wet weather. Chunky kushes might be happier in arid climate. Indoor growers can and must control all factors, so genetics selected by breeders can be coddled. The weather 'gods' will not be instructed.
A one k HPS bulb can deliver sun grade intensity, if not spectrum.
Light is but one of several requirements for growth. Water, mineral salts, air, and temperature are others. Any of these being 'off' can limit growth or kill.:whoa:

So tired of the rain....
Anyone ever try covering their pots with plastic to keep the rain out of the soil? Seems like a decent idea to me... but perhaps there are unforseen issues.
Cheers

But of course! And indoor hydro growers may cover exposed wet medium from light to avoid algae.
Some strains are more picky than others. Most medicinal strength strains are not selected for versatility but for specific performance.
The 'window' of opportunity may be narrow. Outside strains need to be hardy.

I did go for the plastic bag option this morning. It's the "changing weather" time of year for me, and we often see allot of rain as the fronts bang together over our heads. I ripped holes in the bottom of the bags to let any wayward water drain.
Seems to be working so far. The rain has limited my feeding and it's really starting to piss me off.
I'll post about the bags further if I discover any draw-backs.

Cheers!

Bagged pots photo...

BaggedPots.JPG

Cheers!

I hear it rains all the time in Oregon, good luck man:smokin:

I'm considering moving my plants to a different area soon. I have them in an area that doesn't get as much direct sunlight as other areas in my garden for security reasons. Those security variables are about to change a bit and I may be able to move them to a brighter area.
The question at hand is this... if I get them 1 or 2 more hours of direct sunlight per day, could it possibly send them back into veg?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom