White Widow Indoor Veg Outdoor Flower

Let's do some pretty pictures now that the rains have moved on.

Mother Green looks fine. I'm waiting for her to grow out a bit so I can take another round of clones off her. I might send her out in the sun after the second round of clones.

092809Green.JPG

Red and White are both getting along fine. They've seen a bit of sunburn and insect issues... but nothing major.

092809Red.JPG

092809White.JPG

Blue is gone... It was actually a male, not a hermi. I really need to deal with more reputable seed houses.

Some various clones... including a flowering clone.
092809CloneTray.JPG

And then there's a diesel strain I've been growing... she's really testing my patience. She's so pretty I can just taste her... but she really needs to fill in some.
092809SlowBud.JPG

Rains appear to have passed. Many inches in the last week. I think it's supposed to get down into the 70's tonight... I'll be happy to see the AC running less.

I've ramped up their feeding schedule a bit. Fed them at 50% today. Probably do 75% next.

Cheers

The flowering clone is the small one at the very bottom of the photo. She hasn't had time to root yet... and she'll take extra time becuase of the light shift (daylight to 23/1 artificial). I'll try to keep her alive thru the process... done it before with no major issues... just slow. I really am happy I bailed on the plastic bag cloner thing I tried... the humidity dome is much better all around.

Cheers!

I'm a firm believer in the dome. Works for me too. I did some crazy stuff in the past like try to make a humidity tent out of cardboard, scotch tape, and saran wrap. LOL. As u can imagine it looked a hot mess! Worked for a little while though just looked crazy. So don't feel bad about the plastic bag thing. If u got nothing else it'll do the job.
How's the Sour Ds smellin?

She smells exactly like Pine Sol. It's crazy. She doesn't have alot of smell yet... still just hints. She hasn't put off any real sugar yet, and I usually don't get strong smells till I see a good bit of sugar on them. I love the Pine Sol angle tho... not very many folk are going to think twice about it if they happen to catch a wayward wiff.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, there was some "shrinkage"... I think the guys working on the house next door "borrowed" all the large buds off my diesel. I'd get mad about it, but you really have to expect some of this in a backyard grow environment. I'd been doing alot of trimming of buds off the diesel to supply my personal needs, so there were only 3 large buds on it.

The WW's are cranking along as expected. It's been rainy and overcast alot lately. I wish therre were more sunlight, but I'm sure they'll be fine.
The temps seem to have switched to fall weather a couple of days ago. Lows down into the 70's. I may actaully have to switch from shorts and sandals to jeans and shoes soon.

I have discovered a bit of a drawback with the more aggresively topped plants. The weight of the rain is making alot of the branches droop outward. Some of the smaller branches are actually at about 90 degrees. I'm afraid they might break, so I'll do some propping with sticks and twine.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, there was some "shrinkage"... I think the guys working on the house next door "borrowed" all the large buds off my diesel. I'd get mad about it, but you really have to expect some of this in a backyard grow environment. I'd been doing alot of trimming of buds off the diesel to supply my personal needs, so there were only 3 large buds on it.

The WW's are cranking along as expected. It's been rainy and overcast alot lately. I wish therre were more sunlight, but I'm sure they'll be fine.
The temps seem to have switched to fall weather a couple of days ago. Lows down into the 70's. I may actaully have to switch from shorts and sandals to jeans and shoes soon.

I have discovered a bit of a drawback with the more aggresively topped plants. The weight of the rain is making alot of the branches droop outward. Some of the smaller branches are actually at about 90 degrees. I'm afraid they might break, so I'll do some propping with sticks and twine.

Cheers!
haha sounds like your nextdoor neighbor stays happy then :ganjamon:

btw i thought widdow was a indoor ONLY strain :s

hmmm.... indoor only strain.... is there such a thing? I've never heard of one before. While I'm sure some strains work better under artificial lighting and small spaces, I don't think there's a plant on the planet that doesn't grow just fine outdoors in it's normal environment. I often think of "indoor" strains as being more suited to growing in smaller spaces and responding well to lower light levels.

All of my neighbors are very cool people. I'm sure it wasn't them, but the house next to me is being rebuilt (about damn time!) and I'm sure one of the workers took the taste.

Cheers!

hmmm.... indoor only strain.... is there such a thing? I've never heard of one before.
Yup, they have indoor strains and outdoor strains. Breeders did this when acquiring genetics from different climates they had to try to cross certain landrace strains to acclimate certain landrace strains to indoor growth or different outdoor climates. They would cross breed then backcross over years they were able to develop strains that did exceptionally well in certain conditions. Genetics went to places like Canada, California, Holland and Switzerland. Plenty of strains come from tropical/arid regions or have parentage from these regions. I believe Ed Rosenthal covers this in one of the volumes of the Big Book of Buds. The most notable strain for indoors is Northern Lights (that I can think of).

hmmm.... indoor only strain.... is there such a thing? I've never heard of one before. While I'm sure some strains work better under artificial lighting and small spaces, I don't think there's a plant on the planet that doesn't grow just fine outdoors in it's normal environment. I often think of "indoor" strains as being more suited to growing in smaller spaces and responding well to lower light levels.

Exactly :)

Wow!
And these strains actually grow better inside under lights?
While I can understand "grooming" the genetics to grow better inside, I'm having a hard time seeing why these same strains (or any strain) wouldn't grow better outside under the sun.
Thoughts? This is really interesting stuff!

Cheers

I'm tired and don't feel like digging the book out right now, but Ed Rosenthal explained it like this. Landrace genetics have been growing in their natural environment/climates for who know how many hundreds of years. Plenty of these strains do very poorly outside of their natural environment. Look at produce. There are certain veggies that are imported. They can't grow well, if at all in our climate. Other than Hawaii, I can't think of another state the farms bannana. w/out going into a long drawn out explanation, think about it. U think U can take an African land race sativa that's been growing there for hundreds of years and take seeds to Holland and plant them outdoors? I think u'd be terribly disappointed with the results. Tead if ur really interested PM me. Got the book title and page #s for u giving a professional perspective. I just know what I read and the little that I apply.

Back
Top Bottom