Why I Just Can't Pull 'Em

So do you just clip the top and upper buds off to allow more light to the lower smaller popcorn buds then harvest those later on ?

wow i am impressed irish.that is the most insane chronic looking nugget i have ever seen.very very nice.

Thanks Timmy. :yummy:

The bear comment made me laugh! Damn, most people will never even get to smoke stuff as good as that trim let alone the bud. Wow, great plant Irish. Thanks for the share.

LOL! Thanks Munki. It does look like a bear though, huh.

beautiful nuggs irish...+rep if i can

Thankie you, Dez. :battingeyelashes:

sexy buds, they look even better cured. that is a really great harvest tecnique for those big outdoor plants... i may try that on the giant wheelchairs in my basement.

great job irish!!

Thankie you, Flurps. You're going to have to show me the giant wheelchair thingies in your basement. The mental images are, well...odd. *LOL*

OMG...That is some of the darkest sweetest bud I have ever seen..it looks like something one should eat for sure.
+reps

Thanks Poker Shark. This stuff is sooo smooth smoking that you don't know you've inhaled too much until you're coughing up a lung--kind of a fruity-caramel-honey taste, thick on the palate. I'm going to use those trimmings in a manzanillo evoo/balsamic dip today, sopping with freshly baked old world crusty bread. Oh so very yummy!

nice nugs irish

Thankie you, Butcher. :battingeyelashes:

all i can say is....DAMN!

All I can say is DAMN that you guys can't taste this bud for reals. :rollit:

There really isn't very much of it--I think I may have about a qp--but it was, after all, 3rd, 4th and on some branches 5th cutting. Now I've heard comments all over the forums from people that don't like "middies," aka popcorn bud, like it's some kind of inferior part of the plant. NOT SO! They are every bit as potent as the biggest buds on the plant, they just require a little further nurturing to come to their perfect fruition. These particular buds were allowed to go all the way into flowering--they unfurled their petals and stretched out for what sun was left in the waning Autumn sky. Almost all of the trichomes were golden when they were finally harvested. The stone is as heady as the taste. I had expected it to be really couchlocky, and I suppose if one wanted to go there one could, but it is nicely given to being a veritable anxiety assassin without clouding the mind overmuch, a real feel-good medicine.

So do you just clip the top and upper buds off to allow more light to the lower smaller popcorn buds then harvest those later on ?

Pretty much. It's a real natural progression as the buds mature from the tips on down the branches, and removing the buds whose times have come gives the lower buds more light and time to catch up. No haste, no waste. :battingeyelashes:

Here's a pic of one of the popcorn/middies fresh cut and trimmed for drying:

strawberrycoughnugfresh.jpg

It's about the size of a large boysenberry. The pops on both plants ranged in size from dimes to golf balls. The trichomes were/are HUGE, and the hash made from the trimmings was sublime--about 5 grams per oz of dry trimmings. Wish I had cloned these girls for next year as I doubt I'll be able to find the same cross again. Shame. This one was worth saving.

:yummy:

Sexy buds you've got there Irish! +rep for sure.

I do the same kind of progressive harvest as you with my DWC tubs. About a week before the main harvest I reduce the PPM to 300, take the tops, wait another 10 days or so, take the mids and leave the last for another while. Sometimes I leave a bunch of small buds at the bottom then go back to 18/6 and in a month to six weeks they're ready to 12/12 again.

Saves a lot of work for me and the plants.

:peace:

Sexy buds you've got there Irish! +rep for sure.

I do the same kind of progressive harvest as you with my DWC tubs. About a week before the main harvest I reduce the PPM to 300, take the tops, wait another 10 days or so, take the mids and leave the last for another while. Sometimes I leave a bunch of small buds at the bottom then go back to 18/6 and in a month to six weeks they're ready to 12/12 again.

Saves a lot of work for me and the plants.

:peace:

*nodnodnodnod* It makes things ever so much less hectic come harvest, doesn't it. It's a real bummer when everything in the garden decides to finish at the same time when you grow outdoors. Seems like it could get quite exacting in an indoor grow, and I bet you have some outrageous bud because of what you do. :yummy:

Thanks for the +rep!

:ganjamon:

Great job and thanx for the info +rep.

Happy New Year Irish and I hope all is better this year than ever before!

Thankie you and Happy New Year too, Wingman! This year has gobs of promise and I hope next season (which is almost upon us) is as good a grow as it was this last year, minus the LEO visit of course. *LOL* I can kinda laugh about it now...now that I can breathe again. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom