With pics: 18 days old LST, defoliage? Help!

If you have a problem with heat you can't get under control in normal ventilation then you could try a Redneck AC.
This is just one of 100s of different ones.

Haha this is great!!!!!! What a fucking awesome invention. Haha! I’m definitely gonna be making one of these and showing you guys the outcome. It ain’t gone be pretty tho that’s for sure

image.jpg
I would selectively pluck a few choice leaves... I train mine like this...

image.jpg
I would selectively pluck a few choice leaves... I train mine like this...
Yes I’d love to defoliate her soon! If they end up to block her baby colas. But wow that’s impressive! You have your lil army going on! Can’t wait to see the finale of all that! haha

Pipe cleaners! Omg that’s such a good idea!!! Thanks I will definitely take your advice on tying them off instead of cutting them! Thank you again!!!

also, I am a current RN. Haha good to see 420 friendly nurses on here!
I use yarn and clothespins haha.

I use yarn and clothespins haha.
You should switch to twine. Yarn will lose off fibers that stick to your flowers. If its wool oh well you just smoked a bit of hair, but if its plastic or "synthetic" fibers..yeah.
I've had the best starts with seeds in a warm controlled environment rather than off to the side somewhere uncontrolled.
20210213_091750.jpg

My germination "cube", has a smol diy fan and I use a regular heating pad like for your back whatever, and just use insulation between it till I get the right temps. I'm talking 85f minimum lights on and no lower than 70 lights off..like greenhouse environment until they get in the pot and put roots down deep I baby them I suppose.

You should switch to twine. Yarn will lose off fibers that stick to your flowers. If its wool oh well you just smoked a bit of hair, but if its plastic or "synthetic" fibers..yeah.
I've had the best starts with seeds in a warm controlled environment rather than off to the side somewhere uncontrolled.
20210213_091750.jpg

My germination "cube", has a smol diy fan and I use a regular heating pad like for your back whatever, and just use insulation between it till I get the right temps. I'm talking 85f minimum lights on and no lower than 70 lights off..like greenhouse environment until they get in the pot and put roots down deep I baby them I suppose.
I was going to say something about fibers and what to use to train plants, but I stopped myself cuz I sound like a nag sometimes... lol. I just wanna say, go to the craft store to get good wire cheaply... same stuff at the garden shop will be 20 bucks and you will get it for like $3.50.

First let me say hello and welcome to this great/friendly site, I found this place when I started my first grow last October, and will always be a loyal member! Wish I had seen your post earlier but haven't been on in a while. Let me start by saying I used your exact grow medium the Coco-Loco, I did this because I read it has nutes built in and made it easy for me as a beginner. I used only water and Cal-mag because of a deficiency someone here told me about from day one thru the entire Veg cycle with absolutely great results. I played a round a bit with training as I had 5 plants from the start. I topped all of them once and I topped 2 several times thru out the Veg cycle. I didnt exfoliate unil they were about 4 weeks old and a little more after that when needed. Unluckily I ended up with 4 males and one female. (Be patient I'm heading somewhere with all this).

Since I had only one left I decided to use LST training on her to get the most yield possible and I am totally sold on it. I topped the plants after the 4th node then waited until she was about 15" tall and went to my 12/12 lighting schedule at 6 weeks old to start the LST. It is a super fun/easy process, one that I will do the rest of my grows. It spreads the plant out horizontally and keeps her low in height which works great for my homemade grow box . Just make sure to water just before U train to keep them good and flexible, and don't try to pull them too far down at first, do it in steps every couple day until they are flat out. The magical moment is when U see every little flower on every stem start building its own Cola which what we all want in the first place, "more Colas". I am now at 3 weeks into flower with close to 60 Bud sites on a single plant! I am more than willing if u need more input. I am no professional by any means but I am having a blast on my first grow. First pic is right when I started LST, then 3 weeks later! Your plants look amazing, keep it up!

Lst on 1-21-21.JPG

Flowers week 3.JPG

Yup you’re right about that.. I was really iffy about that one. But would you recommend LST or just tucking the leaves. Thank you again I appreciate your help and time to comment ☺️
I dont think you need to do anything at this point. You won't need to start any LST until the 4th nodes start to develop. The leaves look great and you're doing well for now.

Big fan of Lst with pipe cleaners. I remove under 4 as soon as I get a well developed 5th node, then tie down nodes around the pot, bending and tucking fans as need be, only removing as last resort. But I grow autos.

After.jpg

3 days later.jpg

Before.JPG

After.JPG

Hey happy growers,
It’s my first time growing indoors with a complete tent setup and I am unsure on what to do with my two females. I am growing Super Silver Haze x Northern Lights strain and they are 18 days old literally growing like a weed with coco medium.

Any ideas and tips on how to train her will be much appreciated as her big fan leaves get in the way of her new growth sites. Please help your little fellow asian lady out! Thanks!
A4BE5DCB-287A-4CCE-A96E-48EE6DD88795.png

60824F2E-0D24-4BC3-93C8-7E681F95C085.png

298C9ED5-800C-4ED8-A7AA-5939A0FCDB87.png

EBDCA71F-3177-4B59-9BBC-28FA0537D7FE.png
First cut those fans out the way will help because u can tie her open. With yarn when the tops get big enough make holes round the rim.of the pot to attach the yarn u can work with her all way through the grow like that open her up

Back
Top Bottom