Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Highya SO,

Good morning. My last two ladies will be dry tomorrow, si I can trim and be done with 2022 harvest! Hard frost here again. Have you decided when to start your winter grow? I'm looking forward to it. Happy Smokin'

I'll be starting a new grow soon in Living Organic Soil. It's not for everyone but it's for me. It takes room to store and mix soil and amendments. The good side is a care free grow just adding water.
You forgot to mention the best part; it grows some killer plants!

Highya SO,

Good morning. My last two ladies will be dry tomorrow, si I can trim and be done with 2022 harvest! Hard frost here again. Have you decided when to start your winter grow? I'm looking forward to it. Happy Smokin'
I'm glad you're beating the ice and getting your harvests done! I'm getting my outdoor chores caught up. Probably by the end of the month for the new grow.
You forgot to mention the best part; it grows some killer plants!
You're right Azi! @James Pot, he's right! It grows the best bud I know!

GOOD TUESDAY UPDATE! SOIL TIME, OH OH!

Hi everyone! I'm getting the next grow together and found my soil has gone stinky. Rotten eggs, sulfur smelly. Looking at the surface I couldn't tell, but give it a stir and I find layers of gray anaerobic material running through. It didn't happen to the tote with plenty of space in it, just the barrel.

So I cracked the lid to get air in after I stirred it up. It didn't seem wetter than usual. I did use different inputs this mix. Insect frass and malted barley. I wonder? What do you think?

I'm airing it out and will use it soon. I've had it happen once before and a shot of air and sprinkle of Lactic acid bacteria took care of it. Pew!

That is a bugger Otter, I've just done some stuff to my pots which also have insect frass and malted barley, but thankfully the soil was all sweet and nice andI have been using those amendments for several years. I'd like to hope that you can freshen it up and use the soil rather than trash it.

That is a bugger Otter, I've just done some stuff to my pots which also have insect frass and malted barley, but thankfully the soil was all sweet and nice andI have been using those amendments for several years. I'd like to hope that you can freshen it up and use the soil rather than trash it.
That's good to hear then Stunger! I'm sure it'll come around with some airing out.
Yeah, if it’s the smell that offends you, maybe freshen it up with some chicken shit? Or if you’re feeling super cRaZy a spritz of bum gravy from a lama might be the ticket?

💩 💩 💩
LLama Bum Gravy :rofl: to cancel things out! Brilliant!
At least you won't be bored applying Tra's pool side remedies to your garden, and if you can capture it on camera we won't be either! :rofl:
I needed a laugh! Further reading brought the fact that I used Dolomite lime this time too. That is said to actually do this! More air!

Highya SO,

I'm guessing the malted barly, being organic, would do that being deprived of air. Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

I'm guessing the malted barly, being organic, would do that being deprived of air. Happy Smokin'
I'm going to change the way the cover fits. Been noticing when I open it to check, the rim is soaked. That's creating a seal. A few screws so the heads are proud on that surface will make for an air opportunity. I think barley too, and I use rice as well in there.
I recon mix it up and let it dry a bit more or dump it onto a drop sheet and leave it in the sun a bit. My guess is the barley.
Fingers crossed
I want to give it a dump and dry. We'll see how it goes. cha cha cha changes.

After it airates a little I'll give that a go again.
A bit of aeration should do it. Probably mix it a few times a day for a bit to get good air all throughout, but the aerobic microbes will outcompete the anaerobic ones pretty quickly once they get going.

GOOD TUESDAY UPDATE! SOIL TIME, OH OH!

Hi everyone! I'm getting the next grow together and found my soil has gone stinky. Rotten eggs, sulfur smelly. Looking at the surface I couldn't tell, but give it a stir and I find layers of gray anaerobic material running through. It didn't happen to the tote with plenty of space in it, just the barrel.

So I cracked the lid to get air in after I stirred it up. It didn't seem wetter than usual. I did use different inputs this mix. Insect frass and malted barley. I wonder? What do you think?

I'm airing it out and will use it soon. I've had it happen once before and a shot of air and sprinkle of Lactic acid bacteria took care of it. Pew!
Malted barley will do it.
I worked at a brewery for years.
Can't stand that smell.
Yuk, hehe.
Coco would work instead. :rofl:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

A bit of aeration should do it. Probably mix it a few times a day for a bit to get good air all throughout, but the aerobic microbes will outcompete the anaerobic ones pretty quickly once they get going.
I'm in!
Malted barley will do it.
I worked at a brewery for years.
Can't stand that smell.
Yuk, hehe.
Coco would work instead. :rofl:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Sewage is close to this stinky odor so I think we're getting the culprit. I have to better aerate this if I'm going to keep using barley.

Sewage is close to this stinky odor so I think we're getting the culprit. I have to better aerate this if I'm going to keep using barley.
Or just top dress with it. I run it through my worm bin but don't mix any into my grow mix.

I do topdress with it, though. I just sprinkle it on top of my mulch layer and mist it to water it in. Haven't had the sewage smell issue, but I'm a bit sensitive to letting that get loose given my proclivity for the Jadam ferments. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom