Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or just top dress with it. I run it through my worm bin but don't mix any into my grow mix.

I do topdress with it, though. I just sprinkle it on top of my mulch layer and mist it to water it in. Haven't had the sewage smell issue, but I'm a bit sensitive to letting that get loose given my proclivity for the Jadam ferments. :laughtwo:
Yeah, I can't have this! No rumbling yet so....

Hi Stone. I've seen the awesome grows you get with your living soil. Power to you brother!
However, I'm with Bill on the whole coco thing, haha. Sounds like the Candida is a win all the way round. All the best to you and yours. Stay stoneder.

Hi Stone. I've seen the awesome grows you get with your living soil. Power to you brother!
However, I'm with Bill on the whole coco thing, haha. Sounds like the Candida is a win all the way round. All the best to you and yours. Stay stoneder.
Hi Fred, I just dropped the Candida off to the lab for testing, should be a week or less to see what's in them! That's exciting!
You folks enjoy coco I know. I get a kick out of how fast it makes them go but I can't do the ph ing every day.

Hi Fred, I just dropped the Candida off to the lab for testing, should be a week or less to see what's in them! That's exciting!
You folks enjoy coco I know. I get a kick out of how fast it makes them go but I can't do the ph ing every day.
Good Afternoon Stone. :ciao:
I'll have to do a couple more runs to confirm the connection but but but. Hehe
I ran coco all summer never even bought a ph meter.
They were absolutely perfect.
Bokashi & frass bring the coco to life.
I think it overrides the need for accurate phing.
I had unbelievable growth and perfect plant formation.
No funky shite from wonky ph.
Never bought a ppm meter either. :rolleyes:
Just something to keep in mind if you want to try a coco girl.
I even snuck some hose water in when I was too exhausted to mix nutrients.
Might have even missed the odd day completely.
They all were fantastic.
I've got 500 l of soil if anyone wants it.:rofl:
Hope your good buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

They all were fantastic.
Hope your good buddy.

Stay safe
Thanks Bill, I'll keep this in mind.

High Stone!

I place my used soil (FFOF) into a large black trashcan and let it sit in the sun (with a lid on) for several months. I think I read a while back that this will help kill off any bad bacteria (it gets very warm). When I get ready to grow again I mix some new soil with the old. Is this a bad idea?

This past grow several plants looked just fine but one or two looked kinda wonky, and I'm thinking it may have been the used soil.

High Stone!

I place my used soil (FFOF) into a large black trashcan and let it sit in the sun (with a lid on) for several months. I think I read a while back that this will help kill off any bad bacteria (it gets very warm). When I get ready to grow again I mix some new soil with the old. Is this a bad idea?

This past grow several plants looked just fine but one or two looked kinda wonky, and I'm thinking it may have been the used soil.
Hi GB, that's an interesting question. I assume you use it with nutes of some sort as it's depleted from the last grow. Going with the thought that the sun will heat up the soil and kill bugs and eggs, I'd say it's a good idea to try. I'm not sure if all or any bugs will die but they may. I never thought to address bacteria(i guess bacteria are bugs) at all so I don't know what to say. I want bacteria(microbes) in LOS. I've never reused soil without amending it with minerals and things.

Why one plant does better than another isn't always in our control. Genetics is a strong player. Unless you grew all clones and they went wonky on you it's hard to say. This summer was all seeds for you?

I always add some of my old organic soil to a new batch because some of the amendments like the minerals can take a looong time to break down and become available to the plants. I'm not sure much of that happens in the first cycle.

I always add some of my old organic soil to a new batch because some of the amendments like the minerals can take a looong time to break down and become available to the plants. I'm not sure much of that happens in the first cycle.
I wonder on that. I ask how many times can I amend my soil before some of those minerals etc. become too much.

High Stone!

This sounds like a compost bin that can't breath , the heat will kill off most batiera but if it can't breath a lot of times you are risking mold and other things . MPO

They all were fantastic.
Hope your good buddy.

Stay safe
Hi @Bill284 - I have another perspective on this. I’m in the same boat as you. I never ph now. It’s too easy to get close enough by rote. But - that is in large part of function of the PH of my tap water. For me it just works out that way with the PB nutes. I’m always very close just upon mixing. My tap is around 6.8-7.2. Many people, however, have way different tap water numbers, and for some it may behoove them to PH. What’s the River water PH (that’s what you use, right?)

Hi @Bill284 - I have another perspective on this. I’m in the same boat as you. I never ph now. It’s too easy to get close enough by rote. But - that is in large part of function of the PH of my tap water. For me it just works out that way with the PB nutes. I’m always very close just upon mixing. My tap is around 6.8-7.2. Many people, however, have way different tap water numbers, and for some it may behoove them to PH. What’s the River water PH (that’s what you use, right?)
I started with river water.
But it became too much.
I was using a 100 litres a day at one point.
So it's town water but it's from a drilled well on the property next door.
I've yet to get a ph meter so I'm not sure.
That's why it's only a theory at this point.
But lm pretty sure its a sound one.
I'm going to do some runs and test it out over the winter hopefully.
Did you ph your coco?
That's the one I'm talking about.
There is no way my water is 5.8.;)
But I'm sure it works in soil.

Stay safe

I started with river water.
But it became too much.
I was using a 100 litres a day at one point.
So it's town water but it's from a drilled well on the property next door.
I've yet to get a ph meter so I'm not sure.
That's why it's only a theory at this point.
But lm pretty sure its a sound one.
I'm going to do some runs and test it out over the winter hopefully.
Did you ph your coco?
That's the one I'm talking about.
There is no way my water is 5.8.;)
But I'm sure it works in soil.

Stay safe
I’m taking about coco. One gallon of my tap water + 1 gallons worth of PB nutes =. 5.9 - 6.0. A few drops of PH down and I’m at 5.8.

Highya SO,

Sorry to hear about getting Covid! Hope it's a small case of it! You don't need to deal with the full blown stuff! Take care of yourself and the misses, and we'll be here when you get back! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom