Experimental Grow - Colombian Andes

alejosbuds

Experimental grow in Colombia's Andes. High elevation cool temps and plentiful sunlight. Any advice or suggestions. Cold night's gets down to about 40f and warm days that can feel like 70s 80s in direct sunlight. Figured a green house will help with the night's but during the day it's hard to keep temps down

Re: Where's Colombia

420-magazine-mobile757029328.jpg

Number one, what strain are you growing? That will make all the difference when growing in extreme climates. The amount of sunlight (colour spectrum+,IR, uva, uvb) you're plant will get in the mountains is exceptionally higher than at sea level. This will be excellent for flowering stages of growth, it will bring out more oils and trichomes to protect herself against the sun's wrath. But this is only a concern for younger unestablished plants. The cold is also an issue for younger plants, it will slow growth to a snail's pace. Temps below 68°f are basically stopping all plant activity within. A heater in a greenhouse would be your best option. Hope this bit of babbling might make your decision easier. For now your little one looks good, I'll be back to check how you do.

Have you considered starting a journal for us to follow, more folks will be sure to come to your assistance. Check my signature below for a link to help you get started.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

You'll need fans for fresh air into a greenhouse, if you can keep them warm at night, maybe you could think of digging down a foot or two into the ground and have the pots below the surface, this will keep the roots cool. But then you'll need to keep them warm at night.. Quite the interesting grow area, keep us posted.

:green_heart:cheers

Having good success with my first plant after it out grew the hot soil. Its very hard to find a soil that will not burn the seedlings. I am currently trying to grow four other seeds. I mixed the hot soil with coco to try and bring it down a notch but they still got nutrient burn. Next batch gonna use pure coco. For now here is an updated photo of the original plant. Fyi it was just bag seed from something decent found in Colombia

Looking great! How about LSTing the main stem back to the pot? Seems like it might fall over at some point :D
I think it maybe too late for that. The main stem from center of pot is about 2ft long and I don't want to cover up the other shoots. I think the best course at this point would be to add some support once the bud start weighing her down.

Back
Top Bottom