Auto v Photo

coralman

Whats the deal with autos, are the yields and potency really that bad like i keep reading? i really want to try some but dont want to waste time and money if they are going to be rubbish.

I know theres a lot of variables but realisticly if i were to put 9 autos in 5gallon pots soil under a 1000w hps, what sort of yields am i looking at on average.

Thanks

Like little over an ounce per plant is average for most autos ive grown i got a bunch coming so i can give u a good idea in a few months one they pop the thing i like about autos is you can flower them under the veg lighting of a photo grow if your impatient like me

If you get the xxl autos the yields are way nicer. I pulled 5.5oz dry off af a blue treacle auto from feminised seed co. Check out riflemans grows. He does autos and pulls really nice weights.

i ran 9 auto northern lights from royal queen seeds in only 7L pots with a 60/40 coco/perlite mix.

i let them do there own thing, pulled just under 35oz from 2 600w hps.

you never no when autos will flower and when you can harvest, where photo plants you can flip them to flower when ever you want and then you can start counting down flowering weeks.

hope this helps!

Auto's are starting to produce more and more. The real key was the photo period thing. It was never bred to be a big producer. All the advantage's come from using 1 room for starts, veg, and flowering. This gives people with limited space a way to grow. As they became more popular more work is being done to these strains.
Always thought this was bred for outdoor growing. It seems it has found a place indoors too. As time goes by they will get even better and will produce even more.
I'm a photo period grower. I have the space so no need to change now. While Auto's are becoming more popular they will keep improving the genetics. Its going to be a while before they ever become as strong as the photo period strains though.

I bought some automatic big bud and some auto mazaar and from the info on seedbank they should produce allot free seeds usually end up being autos so ill see soon

Back
Top Bottom