Am I onto something by accident?

Unknowndank

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in awhile being busy with family, work, new house, current(last) grow and all kinds of random things keeping me busy. HOWEVER I had came across something ive done unknowingly and its raising a lot of questions within my growing hobby/medicinal endeavors. I recently started my 3rd grow ( TIME FLIES :tokin:) which include Bid Bug Auto, GSC , and Pineapple express. I'm only a week into this grow however my girls have been growing like crazy <3 !! I'm not sure if its due to my experience level/environment having increased in regards to the know how of keeping my girls happy or perhaps ive accidently come across a new undiscovered method. By undiscovered I mean I haven't read this style ANYWHERE and ive read ALOT of journals, watched ALOT of videos and keep journals and such myself but this is different.
As I stated above this is my 3rd grow and my girls are one week old. To cut back on electrical costs/maintenance I wanna do my first ever outdoor grow with these auto ladies. SOOO after the ladies germinated I put them in red solo cups for their first home . I'm only giving them water ph'd at 6.5 every 24-36 hours. The PPM of my well water is 300 which I know is high but we only drink bottle/filtered water in my household.Im using fox farm ocean forest since its the only thing I had around at the time. I live out in the country surrounded by corn and beans (southern Michigan) and not sure if what the farmers feed/spray on their crops has anything to do with the PPM but ANYWAYS I've been keeping these ladies under my cheap little LED I got on ebay for $100 just until my setup in my basement is complete since I'm unsure if I want to grow ALL my strains outdoor. Sorry I lost focus ALONG time ago so let me get to the point!
I have been taking the ladies outside in their little solo cups the last 3-4 days just before sunrise and back inside under the LED( red and blue diodes which give off a purple hue in the tent) at sunset. Unlike past grows these girls are growing at a phenomenal rate or at least compared to previous grows. This makes me wonder if there is a benefit to such a mixture of natural/artificial spectrums. I know nothing compares to the sun which is the BEST form of light but its only shining from 5-9 here. I may even put them under my 400W instead of the LED once my setup is complete. Once again I'm straying :p My question is..
Has anyone ever grown under two spectrums of light at the same time?? I DONT mean simultaneously . I mean X number of hours under one spectrum and X number of hours under another. Currently The girls are outside under the sun from about 5 am to 9 pm then back under the LED until 5 am again. Normally I do an 18/6 schedule but this time I'm doing some experimenting due to the results I've been getting this past week. The results I'm seeing are roughly 1" of growth per 18-24 hours. I know this doesn't sound like a lot or out of the norm but perhaps it will exponentiate further as they continue? Any idea what the benefits or draw backs of X hours under A spectrum and X hours under B spectrum while A spectrum ( the sun) is unavailable? Could this confuse the ladies and have negative consequences or is the fact that they are simple receiving some kind of light at all a positive factor? This really interests me as I'm finally able to grow outdoors due to summer and these are my first autos. If anyone has any comments, questions, suggestions and so on PLEASE join in on this topic with me and share your experience and/or knowledge. As always much love and keep it green everyone! HOPE TO HEAR FROM AS MANY FELLOW GROWERS AS POSSIBLE AS I LOVE LEARNING new ideas and sharing experiences! I am going to invest time back with you guys as ive caught up on a lot of things which have been keeping me away.

I actually have tested this recently.

Grabbed a clone from a local shop some good old GG#4 she was prob 2-3 old no one wanted here as she was crooked.
Used pretty much the same set up with soil and ph levels.
had some FF nuets kicking around aswell. usual kind.

So when i brought her home she went right into the soil.
Somewhere around 10-12 hours a day of natural sunshine. Then indoors with Full spec cobbs 54w x2 and a 23w 6000k white. She was under light 24/7.
Let her veg for 90 days. During the veg cycle I saw dramatic growth. Bright green everywhere surrounded by some healthy deep greens.
I think the growth could have been nuets/ferts but id like to think the light did it.

I was doing this until thrips invaded my area. I was having quite a bit of success using the mix of light as well. Not ideal for me though with the damn bugs and hauling around pots.

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in awhile being busy with family, work, new house, current(last) grow and all kinds of random things keeping me busy. HOWEVER I had came across something ive done unknowingly and its raising a lot of questions within my growing hobby/medicinal endeavors. I recently started my 3rd grow ( TIME FLIES :tokin:) which include Bid Bug Auto, GSC , and Pineapple express. I'm only a week into this grow however my girls have been growing like crazy <3 !! I'm not sure if its due to my experience level/environment having increased in regards to the know how of keeping my girls happy or perhaps ive accidently come across a new undiscovered method. By undiscovered I mean I haven't read this style ANYWHERE and ive read ALOT of journals, watched ALOT of videos and keep journals and such myself but this is different.
As I stated above this is my 3rd grow and my girls are one week old. To cut back on electrical costs/maintenance I wanna do my first ever outdoor grow with these auto ladies. SOOO after the ladies germinated I put them in red solo cups for their first home . I'm only giving them water ph'd at 6.5 every 24-36 hours. The PPM of my well water is 300 which I know is high but we only drink bottle/filtered water in my household.Im using fox farm ocean forest since its the only thing I had around at the time. I live out in the country surrounded by corn and beans (southern Michigan) and not sure if what the farmers feed/spray on their crops has anything to do with the PPM but ANYWAYS I've been keeping these ladies under my cheap little LED I got on ebay for $100 just until my setup in my basement is complete since I'm unsure if I want to grow ALL my strains outdoor. Sorry I lost focus ALONG time ago so let me get to the point!
I have been taking the ladies outside in their little solo cups the last 3-4 days just before sunrise and back inside under the LED( red and blue diodes which give off a purple hue in the tent) at sunset. Unlike past grows these girls are growing at a phenomenal rate or at least compared to previous grows. This makes me wonder if there is a benefit to such a mixture of natural/artificial spectrums. I know nothing compares to the sun which is the BEST form of light but its only shining from 5-9 here. I may even put them under my 400W instead of the LED once my setup is complete. Once again I'm straying . My question is..
Has anyone ever grown under two spectrums of light at the same time?? I DONT mean simultaneously . I mean X number of hours under one spectrum and X number of hours under another. Currently The girls are outside under the sun from about 5 am to 9 pm then back under the LED until 5 am again. Normally I do an 18/6 schedule but this time I'm doing some experimenting due to the results I've been getting this past week. The results I'm seeing are roughly 1" of growth per 18-24 hours. I know this doesn't sound like a lot or out of the norm but perhaps it will exponentiate further as they continue? Any idea what the benefits or draw backs of X hours under A spectrum and X hours under B spectrum while A spectrum ( the sun) is unavailable? Could this confuse the ladies and have negative consequences or is the fact that they are simple receiving some kind of light at all a positive factor? This really interests me as I'm finally able to grow outdoors due to summer and these are my first autos. If anyone has any comments, questions, suggestions and so on PLEASE join in on this topic with me and share your experience and/or knowledge. As always much love and keep it green everyone! HOPE TO HEAR FROM AS MANY FELLOW GROWERS AS POSSIBLE AS I LOVE LEARNING new ideas and sharing experiences! I am going to invest time back with you guys as ive caught up on a lot of things which have been keeping me away.

I think it's because you are using auto flowers.
I think I read that in there. Their optimal lighting is 18/6 so you're making them super happy!! Just remember, there is no substitute for the sun!
Good job and keep them green!!

Back
Top Bottom