Nirvana Northern Lights Seeds

Burtski

Hello everyone. Can someone tell me if the Nirvana Northern Lights seed strain is the same as the Northern Lights Auto strain? Not sure which to try. Thanks

Hello, Burtski!

It looks like the Nirvana Northern Lights Auto was created by Nirvana from their Northern Lights, so they should be very similar. Good breeder, very trustworthy.

So your main choice is between the Northern Lights feminized (photo period) and the auto flowering version? I can personally vouch for autos for a first grow -- it simplifies a couple of things and lets us beginners focus on providing a good environment for the plants to grow in without worrying about changing light cycles.

But you may not be a beginner :)

Hello Glimmergrass. Yes new to growing. My first 2 grows were not the best. Buds were airy but good. Grew in soil. I would like to try coco the next time. I read a lot of reviews on Northern Lights and think I'll try that strain next. Any advice on growing with coco? Thanks so much

Yay, Canada!

I love growing in coco -- my first two grows were coco. Brilliant medium, versatile and great for us beginners! Make sure to add some perlite (like 25%) and you can use any kind of nutes, depending on your own preferences. If you think you want to go organic in the future, buy some organic nutes right away for your coco (I wish I had, although I have done fine with standard General Hydroponics nutes in coco). You don't let the coco dry out entirely the way you do with soil -- keep it moist but not soaking.

Northern lights is a great, great strain -- but you want to decide whether you want the auto flowering version of the strain (the plant automatically moves from the vegetation stage to the flowering stage) or the photo period version of the same strain (you trigger flowering by changing the light cycle to 12 hours on, 12 hours off). They're both Northern Lights but they require different things from the grower.

What's your set up?

Hay. So for the 3 gallon smart pots, how much water each day? 2 cups maybe? Crop King seed's sell Northern Lights Auto. So I guess let them veg for 30 days then switch to 12/12 light cycle. I'm using a 400 watt MH for veg and HPS for flowering. Do you feel the 3 gallon smart pots are good enough compared to the 5 gallon? Thanks again for your info

Glimmer has you covered on that strain. It's easy to grow I'd also advise the auto as mine have turned out much bigger than I expected. You can't get pounds off them but they're easy and quick. Check out my journal down in my signature, I have 3 northern lights auto nearing completion.
As for pot size for autos 3 gallons is sufficient, 5 gallons if you have lots of space in your grow area. I've heard anything above 5 gallons for autos is unnecessary. If you go with photos then you can up size your pots gradually until you get your plant to where you want before flowering

Welcome burtski to the :420: family

Hi and thanks for the info. I will try 5 gallon smart pots this time. Just ordered them last night. Going coco this time. Thanks again from a fellow Canadian

Good morning. I'm using a 2x4x5' grow tent with a 400 watt MH & HPS. I also purchased a 4' 4 light T5 which I haven't really used yet. I also have an exhaust with the charcoal filter that really did a great job with the White Widow smell lol. I purchased 3 x 5 gallon grow bags last night from Amazon and will try them with coco and perlite like you mentioned. Have u ever tried a T5 grow? Thanks again

T5s are great to get your seedlings started, they work much like cfls as to you need to have them close to the plants for maximum light. 2 to 3 inches, so you need to plan ahead and either have an adjustable shelf or light pulleys. Since you have a mh Bulb your vegetative phase would be much better off with that. But as a seedling a mh fixture may be too intense. I've always started my seedlings with either t5s or cfls, cost of power is much less also. I'd say up to two weeks under T5s and then transition them into the MH. Keeping an eye on how it affects their foliage,and adjusting your fixture height accordingly.

Hope that helps. You should start yourself a journal about your setup and preparations as a lead up to your grow. That way we can help you help yourself with any minor things that may be spotted by the great growers here.

Journals in Progress
Here's a link to where you can start a journal, just post a new thread with the name of your journal. You should read the sticky on starting a journal aswell makes things easier for us to keep up on your grow. Here's a link to that too, easier... Lol. How to make a journal
Looking forward to reading your future entries, cheers!

Thanks so much. Yes a journal would be a great idea. I'll start one when I'm ready to go again. 5 gallon grow bags on their way. Still need the coco and Northern Lights seeds. May not get going till sometime in March. Until then take care and again thanks

Back
Top Bottom