BIG BUDDHA - BLUE CHEESE - FEMINIZED SEED:
Type : Mostly Indica
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : (Skunk No. 1 (Cheese) x Afghani) x Blueberry
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October/November
Height : Medium
THC Level : Med / High
Characteristics : A Sweet, Fruity, Berry scent, with musky undertone of the original cheese
Cannabis Cup Winners - Blue Cheese - Big Buddha Seeds

RDWC HYDRO - 4 Site System with Control Bucket (5 Gals)
Gyneral Hydroponics FloraSeries + CaliMag
Chiller @ 65F | Air @ 68-78F | RH @ 45-55% | PH @ 6.0
4 X 8 Tent
LED PANEL - DUOLUX 600 - Top Shelf (Veg & Flower) HID Equivalent: 1200w

Sorry for the late start. Wasn't going to journal this first grow, but then I thought, WHY NOT!?!

Seeds arrived in good order. This was a 5 pack and with 4 dwc sites, I needed at least 4 to be viable. Soaked the feminized seeds for 2 nights in RO water and then transferred to damp paper towel for 2 more nights at which time they sprouted.

I then transferred them to rockwool cubes and placed them in the clone dome for a day or two.

DAY # 1:

They Sprouted!

DAY # 2-9:

Once the seedlings started to stretch and show roots under the t5, I transferred them to 4 inch cubes and let them root those a bit.

DAY #10 | VEG # 1:

BIG DAY! Transfer To Buckets | Start Nutes | Go Under The Big Light

DAY #17 | VEG # 8:

Water Change Day. Stepped up nutes to half strength...AND FIRST ROOTS!

DAY #22 | VEG # 13:

1st Top - 5th Node:

DAY #30 | VEG # 21:

DEFOLIATION DAY!

I was hesitant to do this part for the first time. They looked so good and they were thriving after the top. But those large fan leaves were only getting bigger and getting in the way!

MsSinful was kind enough to reply and gave me the courage to CHOP AWAY, so I did! :riskybusiness:

I did accidentally take a clone :oops: when I was trying to spread one of the branches out a bit.

And here we are today...more to come. Thank you for checking my first grow out!

I'm definitely flying by the seat of my pants and having a blast! :). 100% Newb, grew some tomatoes once, and a bunch of other things that died. Much better with dogs.

I did do some home work, and have been lurking around these parts for a bit.

My motto is to learn by every mistake, no matter how many it takes! :thumb:

Nice looking grow, I'm sub'd to follow.

DAY #33 | VEG # 24:

The ladies were looking so good and bouncing back so well...I decided this would be a good day to take some tops.

The two in front are looking very good and I will probably be taking some clones from them before flowering. Looking at extending my veg to at least another week...also getting out the tape, pipe cleaners and twine to start doing some training.

Your plants are looking awesome, hope my first grow goes this well...

DAY #36 | VEG # 27:

OOOPS I DID IT AGAIN! :) The ladies just keep taking whatever I throw at them, so figured it wouldn't hurt to do another defoliation day. Definately going to extend VEG at least another week...will update my feeding schedule and post an update of that this weekend.

After the second topping, they took off again and here is some BEFORE photos:

SWOL UP! :)

The AFTERMATH:

Why hello there NorCal and thank you for the lovely comment on my grow and quality of responses :circle-of-love:

Your roots look freaking amazing! Mine have never been that pearly, because I have an aversion to cleaning the res....hehe :laugh: The overall plant vigor looks to be good as well, the plants and stems are a healthy shade of green and are responding well to your defol and training, yay!

My one suggestion for now would be to decrease the amount of nitrogen you are supplying. The leaves are dark green and very broad and almost crinkly in some spots, which can indicate an overabundance of nitrogen in the nutrient supply. Providing more phosphorus and potassium will help to narrow the leaves and as a bonus will prepare the plant with the appropriate nutrients for flowering as well! :cheer:

You're grow is pretty awesome dude...great journal too....

Thanks everyone for joining in! And everything I'm doing is thanks to all of you! Thanks for an awesome community and resource, which is you and everything you share along with the others out there on the Interwebs! :). I can only hope to be a fraction of what some of you are here. Having a blast trying regardless :) look for an update this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

REVISED GROW CHART:

I updated the grow chart to show what I actually used in the first 4 weeks of VEG and the revised plan which includes two more weeks of veg. I know for sure I am extending it to one more week...we shall see about the second one. More to come as I get stuff done on the grow this weekend.

BEFORE:

FeedChart.PNG

AFTER:

GrowChartRevised3.PNG

Hello Norcal. Nice set up. Your first grow huh, wow! Im impressed. Frizz is the person for knowledge and answers. No hydro for me at least yet. Im a simple dirt farmer who waters with a Carls jr cup. I wonder if you grow outside too? I get 2 harvest a year outside and I love it! I can see great harvests are in your future. Your good to go especially with the help of Frizz.
Nice stuff and great day!

Back
Top Bottom