The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal)

:welcome:

oK..so we're off. I just got in my Purple Widow and LA WOMEN, and now its time to start the party..:cool::cheer: PARTY PARTY:cheer::Rasta:

THIS IS ALL THE INFO I'VE GOT ON THE STRAINS SO FAR (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN AND ADD TO THE INFO):

Purple-white-widow.jpg

Purple Widow is a new hybrid cross of the original Purple Power and White Widow. The Cross of these two popular marijuana strains brings us an exiting new plant which retains much of the good traits of the originals. It is very strong, much stronger than Purple Power and thrives outdoors. The strain finishes a beautiful purple colour and has a sweet purple taste. Note Purple White Widow marijuana is not recommended for indoors, due to the sativa dominance which brings into question the height.

INDOOR / OUTDOOR Outdoor or (greenhouse)
TYPE Indica / Sativa (55/45)
PLANT HEIGHT Medium to large
FLOWERING TIME 8 Weeks
HARVEST Long harvest from July to end Oct
YIELD Up too 550-850g/m2

cannabis-seeds-dna-la-woman.jpg

Type: mostly indica;
Flowering: ~67 days Only female seeds.
Flowering Period: 9 - 10 Weeks
Yield: 400-600 g/m2
Known Phenotypes: » new » none up to now (homogenous??)

The LA Woman is a match of two multi-award winning strains. She is great tasting and very strong. The L.A. Woman flowers a week longer than the original L.A., but a week shorter than the Martian Mean Green, making it a well balanced cross time wise. The taste is sweet and robust with the flavor lasting well after the exhale. The L.A. Woman is quicker to veg than the Original L.A., and her yield is almost double! This cross grows like an indica with one main cola and little side branching, and will work well for sea-of-green. With her incredible smell and strength, it`s hard to go wrong with this cross. People will be satisfied by the bag appeal and frostiness keeping all who try her begging for more. The LA Woman stays short, and if you feed her heavily, the buds pack on the weight early and finish in the best part of 9 weeks. Don`t be afraid to thin the large fan leaves in the 5th week or so. This will allow the light to penetrate the canopy and reach the lower sites and will be replaced within a week. Look for your flavor, is it LA you`re after, or Martian? Or maybe it`s a little of both, you make the call with this one.

These 2 strains will be grown out both female and male. The males will be selected for strength as well as internode spacing, color, scent and vigor.

The females will be sorted out into phenos and the strongest pheno's of both female and males will be used in the breeding projects.

Re: Te butchers slaughter (breeding journal)

so i finished putting the seeds into a paper towel (damp), then into a ziplock . here we go:

1 LA WOMEN:

IMG_23612.JPG

6 PURPLE WIDOW:

IMG_23631.JPG

AND LABELED SEALED A DELIVERED (TO A DARK SPOT):

IMG_23643.JPG

So now the waiting game begins.

hey butch, im in for this one,

it's gonna be a long haul and a lot of work, thats why i'm gonna like it.

if your final goal of this journal is going to be some type of stabilized hybrid it could take a year lol.

good luck my friend.

thats the great thing it's not just going to be one strain i'm attemoting to stabalize. I've stabilized new strains before.Yeah it'll take about a year.But hey its fun to do. I'm just going to have to cut down the numbers on the S.O.G, but it's well worth it..

hope your all ready, this is going to be a long long journal.

Kwsmoke: thanx for stoping by.
soil: of course FOX FARM ocean forest, perlite, seabird guano(has a high amount of nitro),worm castings
lighting:veg:cfl
flower:hps
nutes:house and garden
grow space:i'm in the process of building individual boxes to house 1 male n 1 female to let them get it on naturally.more seeds the better chances of finding ideal genetics.

hope this helps out.Sorry i didnt post this info earlier.

Tead:First off thank you for oyur interest.And pick away. Trust me this breeding project is more then likely take at the least a year, it all depends on how early the plants take to their breeding.In the past i've had strains take to their genetics quick but thats very very rare.

Breeding:
The typical way to begin a breeding program is to carefully select P1 parents, crossing them to produce an f1 hybrid that is uniform in its phenotypic growth patterns. The next step is the crossing of the f1 type with itself, which produces a very wide variation witnessed in the f2 growth patterns and expressions.

It's in the f2 generation cross and beyond that the art of selection really comes into play. There are a number of factors to consider , such as what the male and female will each contribute; and most of all, what will the overall quality of the finished product be like?

Defining a goal and constructing a plan to accomplish it is called "top-down" programming, and this "top-down" approach applies well to cannabis seeds breeding. It helps considerably to have a specific goal in mind when attempting to selectively breed a variety of ganja. This simple fact I cannot emphasize enough.

One must at least have an idea of what one is aiming for before beginning. For me this has little to do with plant structure and much to do with the quality of the finished product, no matter what form it is in. Having an experienced and educated palate is key in the art of breeding fine quality cannabis strains and producing the best marijuana seeds.

The indoor grow environment is ideal for the Selection process. You want to seek the parents that will produce the desired progeny. This process requires selecting the best after they've been harvested. The solution is to keep samples from each plant of a test crop. This can be done via rooted clones from earlier cuttings, or re-greened mothers and fathers kept in a vegetative state and a high-nitrogen diet. Once you have chosen among the harvested plants, you can use the rooted cuttings for future consideration and possible breeding.

Pollen may also be gathered and immediately stored using vacuum sealing and deep-freezing. It is crucial to vacuum seal and freeze pollen immediately after it is collected and to use stored pollen immediately after it thaws. Dry cannabis seeds also store well over indefinite periods of time in an undisturbed deep-freeze, with some desiccant.

This process of post-harvest selection works fine for selecting desired female plants. But what about males? What is the best and most simple way to select males for breeding? Due to the fact that it is the female plants that we are ultimately familiar with, selecting males is a bit more involved.

The process is basically the same as it is with female plants, except with males the numbers are first limited down via a process of elimination, and selections made by comparing the remainder. Selecting males also takes a little more time initially as the quality of the male is not fully determined until after the cannabi seeds it produces are grown out and tested. As one becomes more familiar with a particular strain, the specific characteristics of the desirable males become apparent.

Ideally, the more marijuana seeds one starts with the better. This is a numbers game. I will assume that any basic breeding project starts with at least 20 different plants, from 20 viable marijuana seeds of high quality, professionally stabilized varieties. This would give a minimum of 10 male and 10 female plants hopefully sexed by two weeks into a flowering light cycle (short day/long night). Don't save on seeds, using quality marijuana seeds is essential. (thank you attitude seed company)
and yeah that was a plug..LOL
Once sexed, the process of elimination may begin. All of the females are kept and regularly examined to prevent unwanted hermaphroditism. Unwanted males and all hermaphrodites must be eliminated before they begin to shed pollen usually by the third week in the flowering cycle. The female plants need to be checked for hermaphroditism until harvest. You are on your way to produce the best cannabis seeds.

(A quick word on "backward" hermaphrodites declared males that eventually sport female flowers as opposed to the usual female-to-male hermaphrodites. These are semi-rare occurrences, usually sterile but sometimes viable, that I have found at times to be valuable in their genetic contributions. Some of the most resinous and desirable males I have encountered exhibited this trait. This trait almost seems to guarantee against unwanted hermaphroditism in subsequent generations as it also increases the female to male ratio in its progeny.)

Selecting males

I prefer to remove all of the males from the grow-room to a separate, isolated space shortly after they declare their sex and well before they begin to shed pollen. A small space lit with simple CFL lights will work for the males for the next few weeks. During this time the female buds will fatten with more flowers while your collection of males is selected down. Separation is essential to avoid unwanted pollination and unwanted cannabis seeds on females.

I generally use a simple process of elimination while selecting males. First, any auto-flowering or very early-declared males are eliminated. (Auto-flowering means that male flowers form regardless of light cycle timing.) This is mainly to insure against hermaphroditism or unwanted flowering traits, but also as a means to insure quality. The very early declared males have a tendency to be less desirable in terms of their contributions to the quality of the finished product. (If you are trying to specifically create an early-flowering marijuana seeds strain, then your priorities may be different.)

Next, any male plant that grows too tall or too fast is usually eliminated. The reason for this is that most plants which dedicate so much energy to fiber production generally are best for making fiber. The exception to this rule is when an over-productive plant also exhibits a number of the desirable characteristics mentioned later. You want to breed marijuana seeds for buds not fiber plants.

The next criteria for elimination is borrowed from Michael Starks' book, Marijuana Potency, and involves stem structure. Large, hollow main stems are sought while pith-filled stems are eliminated. Backed by years of observation, I agree that hollow stems do seem to facilitate THC production. You want that in your cannabis seeds.

Another consideration is the type of floral clusters that develop. Even on males, clusters which are tight, compact and yet very productive are desired over an airy, loose structure. Very important for potent marijuana seeds bred. These observations are most notable in the indoor environment. Outdoors, the differences in stem and floral structures are more difficult to discern.

The next and perhaps most important characteristic to examine for quality marijuana seeds production is that of odor, flavor and trichome development. Again, the females will prove themselves by their finished product, but the males are a bit trickier.

I usually begin with a Sativa female and an Indica male. It has been my observation that the females primarily contribute the type of flavor and aroma and the males contribute the amount of flavor and odor. The "Sativa/Indica" aspects of this formula are mainly apparent in the P1 or very early filial crosses (to about f3). Beyond the f3 marijuana seeds plant generation the apparent "Sativa/Indica" ratio in a given individual is less important than the odor/flavor and trichome development aspects it exhibits. Therefore, one of the main aspects to consider when selecting a male for cannabis seeds breeding is the depth of its aroma and flavor. (If you are seeking to develop a low-odor indoor cannabis seeds strain you might wish to begin with a low-odor Sativa male and an Indica female.)

With the remaining males I usually employ an odor/flavor test. Using males at least two or three weeks into the flowering cycle (and preferably beyond if a separate, isolated space is being used), a sort of "scratch-and-sniff" technique is first employed. With clean, odor-free fingers, gently rub one plant at a time, on the stem where it is well developed and pliable, above the woody part and below the developing top (approximately at the spot where a clone would be cut). The newer leaves at their halfway point of development may also be rubbed and sniffed.

These are the places that the earliest chemical signatures of a developing plant present themselves, and it is our intent to gently disturb these chemicals and inspire an odor/flavor reaction on the fingers and on the plant. By examining these various aromas in this way one may be able to determine certain desirable (and also undesirable) cannabis seeds characteristics. After clearing one's palate and refreshing one's fingers, another plant may be tested.

The finalists are best compared for at least a week and at different times of day, to determine who performs best over a period of time.

A few of the "good" aromas which I have found to be associated with both male and female high quality cannabis seeds strains are: sweet, floral, fruity, berry, wine/brandy, other savory spirits, skunky and spearmint. Some of the "bad" aromas associated with both male and female cannabis marijuana seeds plants are: grassy, chlorophyll (green), celery, parsley, carrots, cinnamon, pepper-mint or wintergreen, gear-oil and gasoline. Some of the aromas that are considered "good" from females but not necessarily from males are: woody, cedar, pine, citrus, tropical fruit, chocolate, vanilla, coffee, garlic and astringent.

well i hope this information helps you out or answered your question. I know it was a long read,but doing all the research first is the key.Knowing you strains and being patient and well educated will make a strain the highest of high quality seeds and strains.

++ Reps for the information!!

Holy Sh!t dude, that was a long post. so your building boxes to put two plants in each? one male one female? with different lights in each etc?

very informative though, must have took you a while to type. lol. took me a while to read. your method sounds sound to produce some very strong strains. say that 5 times fast. haha you can't. but seriously, there is good knowledge there.

what if you want to skip the males altogether and breed females only, I want to do that for many reasons, including the fact that its harder for me to choose good males because i don't have your experience. you can still cross breed this way and it seems to be to be a very very powerful inbreeding tool, because you can recross a single plant with itself to stabilize it quickly. i have some f1 seeds that i crossed this way, i can't wait to plant them and see what happens.

I am excited to see you put your plan into action.

sounds good
purple widow looks like an awsome strain
i would figure it would be an indica and not sativa

every fruit or vegetable on the planet has been genetically engineered over history by selective breeding. it's amazingly simple and powerful. it will be nice to watch someone practice the art.

wow very nice on breeding information, i hope to put together something eventually myself. Nice info.

oh and excuse my ignorance, but what is p1, f1, f2? I've seen f1 hybrid floating around alot, but not quite sure what it means.

thanks.

++ Reps for the information!!

Holy Sh!t dude, that was a long post. so your building boxes to put two plants in each? one male one female? with different lights in each etc?

very informative though, must have took you a while to type. lol. took me a while to read. your method sounds sound to produce some very strong strains. say that 5 times fast. haha you can't. but seriously, there is good knowledge there.

what if you want to skip the males altogether and breed females only, I want to do that for many reasons, including the fact that its harder for me to choose good males because i don't have your experience. you can still cross breed this way and it seems to be to be a very very powerful inbreeding tool, because you can recross a single plant with itself to stabilize it quickly. i have some f1 seeds that i crossed this way, i can't wait to plant them and see what happens.

I am excited to see you put your plan into action.

Thanx wheel!!!yeah seperate boxes 1 male 1 female. Yeah different lights for each, but the lightining in this case does not have to be as intense, due to just wanting seeds not weight. I love to cross strains so the males are good for me. Otherwise I would do EXACTLY the same as you. Yeah its going to take time, but I do this as a hobby (very expensive), but well worth it.

Wow! Ok... I feel a bit guilty about getting you to create such a chunk of technical words.
I think I'll go get a cup of coffee and do some reading!

Thanks!

Don't feel that way. Feel like you just helped answer alot of questions in advance for not only myself, but the countless people reading this. So i say :thanks:

Great job, very informative! I'll definitely try to learn as much as I can, thanks for taking the time to explain this in detail. Selective breeding has always confused me until now!

ANYTIME, ANYTIME :goodjob:

damn im looking forward to seeing this, i was wanting to try out purple widow myself and la woman looks really good as well.

Just watch your height, this is one of the reasons they (the seed companies) suggest outdoor.

sounds good
purple widow looks like an awsome strain
i would figure it would be an indica and not sativa

if you research the strains that make them. Then you will see they are both a majority sativa. Thats one of the reasons my buddy dicided to do an "up-grade purple widow."I'm waiting on more of those seeds as we speak.

wow very nice on breeding information, i hope to put together something eventually myself. Nice info.

All good things happen to those who wait.

so now its time to :rollit:..

Nice info Butcher. I'll let you do all the legwork for now! ;)

heres some pics of the planted seedlings:

First yes!!!! the la women was successful(and check it out, it sprouted 2 heads wierd You can see it at the bottom of the stem):

p_w_3.JPG

next are the three p.w i have in soil:

p_w_2.JPG

p_w_1.JPG

on this one the shell of the seed was stuck and would not allow the true leaves out, soo I did a risky move and removed it CAREFULLY, not the first time but always scary as hell!!

l_a_women.JPG

Back
Top Bottom